To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy it is to share with you once again from God's word. The privilege of being able to share with people from all over the world is amazing and I wish to give God all the glory for allowing me to do this. It is HIM, who gives me the words to write and Who is the very essence of my being.. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and please also click the links at the bottom of these devotions

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

GOD BLESS YOU

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Proverbs 10

23It is as sport to a [self-confident] fool to do wickedness, but to have skillful and godly wisdom is pleasure and relaxation to a man of understanding.

Have you noticed that I love Proverbs?

What Solomon and others say under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, totally turn the so called wisdom of the world upside down.. amen

To have the wisdom of God is to be at complete peace and rest..

Are you at complete rest and peace because you have the wisdom of God evident in your life?

Look at the comparison of this verse.

People who are confident in their own wisdom, make a joke of sin.

Matthew Henry says this

He makes a laughing matter of sin. When he is warned not to sin, from the consideration of the law of God and the revelation of his wrath against sin, he makes a jest of the admonition, and laughs at the shaking of the spear; when he has sinned, instead of sorrowing for it, he boasts of it, ridicules, reproofs and laughs away the convictions of his own conscience

Believer, the wisdom of God brings relaxation and pleasure.

Are you experiencing it in your life?

God bless you

Keith

From Brother Jim

Bible Food Devotional:

“Diagnosing your Spiritual Health”
Do You Thirst for God? Psa. 42:1, 2

1 As a deer pants for flowing streams (water brooks –KJV), so pants my soul for you, O God. 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? PSA. 42;1,2 (also Matt. 5:6)

The word “pant” gives us an image of “immediate need” and spiritually it describes our intense desire and overwhelming longing for the presence of God. Well you’re not unlike the deer the psalmist mentions in the first verse of Psalm 42, because like the deer you know if you don't get any water you will die. As the life of a deer depends upon water, so our spiritual lives depend upon the water of our soul, God. We have drives, amongst them most significantly are hunger and thirst! The most important thing for survival is Water = Survival 3-4 days Food 4-6 weeks.

God is the living water that is required to sustain our life, without God we will die, plain and simple. Those who pant for God and long to understand him find everlasting life.
As we look at the subject of “Do you thirst for God”, we are going to talk about 3 kinds of Thirst today!

Three Kinds of Spiritual Thirst

1. Thirst of the EMPTY Soul .
Quote: “Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in Thee.” ~Augustine

The natural /lost person has an empty soul, devoid of God. This person is constantly searching for something to fill the emptiness, but is not sure what to search for. The empty soul is always seeking and never resting; going from one thing to another, unable to find anything that will fit the God-shaped vacuum in the heart. But without the work of God in his heart he will NOT seek the true and living God, but everything else under the sun to fill that void.

As C. H. Spurgeon states, “When a man pants after God, it is the work of God within Him; he would not long after God by nature. No man thirsts for God while he is left in his carnal state. The unrenewed man pants after anything sooner than God: . . . It proves a renewed nature when you long after God; it is a work of grace in your soul, and you may be thankful for it.” [Based on Romans 3:11 & Psa. 14:2, 53:2]

2. Thirst of the DRY Soul. Read John 4:14 – Never thirst again!!!

The difference between the empty soul and the dry soul is that one has tasted the living waters and the other has not. Dry souls have not lost the presence of the well of springing up within them, but they may cease to drink of it as they ought, and for a while thus become dry. We cannot lose the indwelling presence of the Spirit.

Reasons for having a dry soul:
1. Drink of the fountains of the WORLD. Trying to partake of the world as a Christian doesn’t work!
2. Prolonged times of mental or physical FATIGUE.
Our body affects our spirituality and our spirituality affects our body. When you're tired or sick, you may not want to pray as much. If you are really tired, you can feel very unspiritual and you may not sense the spiritual growth that occurred in the battle that made you tired. We may feel spiritually dry because we are fighting a battle or a battle has just been won.

3. GOD sometimes puts us through DRY spells.
During these times (dry spells) God wants us to learn to TRUST Him and not our good feelings. Sometimes God steps back to see if we will still find Him worthy of following even when there is no earthly reason to do so. Sometimes God withdraws a sense of His presence to teach us to walk by faith. Quote: When the sun goes behind the cloud it's no less near.

Three Kinds of Spiritual Thirst 1. Empty (lost) 2. Dry (dry spell) and NOW:

3. Thirst of the SATISFIED Soul
Read Psalm 34:8 " Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" Psa. 34:8

Practical Steps we should ALWAYS take for our thirst:

1. MEDITATE on Scripture. Go for quality NOT quantity!

2. PRAY in line with actual scriptures (make it personal).
The Psalms are great for this! Name a Psalm you would turn into a prayer?

3. Read Thirst-making WRITERS.
It is important to read of men and women of God who make you thirsty for more of God. Read especially from time-tested books (not faddish books – See list below)
Classics and other time tested books are recommended like Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan, Armor of God by Gurnall, classics, Thomas Watson, Richard Sibbes’ The Bruised Reed and the Smoldering Wick, John Owens, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, A.W. Tozer and the like, also read Christian biographies, and read/listen to good sermons by ministers that make you thirsty for the truth – John MacArthur, John Piper, C.J. Mahaney, etc.

“O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made thirsty still.” - A.W.Tozer

Nothing but the living water of God will satisfy!

In His Service,
Jim

Featured website

I have no political axe to grind, we are told to pray for those in authority over us. Please click he following link

http://presidentialprayerteam.com/

My website Link

Please read about these great men of God.. be inspired

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ith-movers
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word