To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

October's Showcased Writers

Everything about having your work showcased on the front page of FaithWriters. For Platinum (500) Members.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron

glorybee

October's Showcased Writers

Postby glorybee » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Look here for Showcased articles from some of FaithWriters' best!

In October, I'll be featuring works by

Theresa Santy
Thomas Kappel
Tim Pickl
Timothy Klingerman

I'm sure they'd love for you to stop by and read--and to leave a comment while you're at it!
Jan Ackerson

Colswann1
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Colswann1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 am

Jan - is there a link to get to the Front Pages Showcase pieces for ,say, the last twelve months or so?

And, are gold members still considered for the Showcase?

Colin
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 am

Colin, the showcased articles are not archived. I keep a list so that I can see if a writer has been used before, and I try very hard to feature members who haven't been featured in at least a year. I also look for (not always successfully) newer writers and those who've entered in Regular submissions.

The Front Page Showcase is available only to platinum members.

I'm happy to answer any and all questions about the showcase and the selection process.
Jan Ackerson

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks Jan - that sorts it for me.

Colin
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

lish1936

200 Newest Articles and Showcase Articles

Postby lish1936 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Deb,

Every day I learn something new. I was strolling through FW's web pages and came upon "200 Newest Articles." Now, I'm reading about Showcase articles.

Curiosity is killing me. :D Are these articles chosen from Challenge entries? I'm sure there's an answer somewhere on one of the forums, but I don't recall seeing it on the FAQ.

Lillian
Fortunate 500

www.oursilverstrands.com
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:13 am

Well, I'm not Deb, but since I'm in charge of the Front Page Showcase, I'll answer your question (and questions are always welcome here...)

I pick the articles to be showcased from a list of FW 500 (platinum) members. I try to pick from both Challenge Articles and Regular Submissions, and I try to pick a variety of genres--fiction, devotionals, poetry...

I used to pick through the list at random until I found something I liked, but then I became concerned that I might miss out on something wonderful that way. Also, my eyes seemed to be drawn toward names that were familiar to me, and I knew there were new writers out there whose work was worthy of recognition. So I started going through my list alphabetically (it's listed by first names, which is why October's showcased writers are all 'T' names).

However...a person is not guaranteed to be picked for the showcase, even if he or she is a platinum member. Some people join and rarely submit, or haven't submitted in years. Some people have very few submissions to choose from. And the showcased articles have to be very well-written, interesting to a broad audience, and nearly error-free.

Sometimes I'll just send the chosen writers a quick comment telling them that they've been selected. Occasionally, I'll find a piece that I'd love to showcase, but that contains a few glaring errors. If that's the case, I'll contact the writer and ask him or her to do a quick edit and re-submit the article before I'll feature it.

I hope that answers your questions...please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify for you!
Jan Ackerson

Return to Front Page Showcase