To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:45 am

Welcome to a very special Simply Scripture

This was the first thing, that God ever gave me to write. In 2003, God called me to a writing ministry and it was after a church bible study on this passage of Scripture. I do hope you will find this a blessing and please share it, with all your friends and contacts.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Witnessing for the King

Esther Chapters 8 and 9

This historical book situated in the midst of the Old Testament, has much to teach us, it shows the rescue of the Israelites from their demise, at the hands of a dangerous foe, and we can see the parallel as Jesus rescued us from the clutches of the devil and the power of sin and death.

The story of the rescue comes to a marvellous conclusion in Chapters 8-9 the King and Esther now have the job of repealing the decree of death that has gone out, another parallel to the ministry of Jesus, he blots out the death sentence given to all of us, rightfully by God as a result of our sin.

In these last days, we are to take the gospel with ever more urgency to the world, lets learn a few lessons from chapters 8-9, and see what we need to have, to witness powerfully in today's world.

Chap 8:3-6 Passion For the Lost

The shortest verse in the bible is "Jesus wept", look at verse 6 Esther had the same heart as Jesus, like him, she couldn't bear the thought of one person being lost. Can you?

CT Studd, the great missionary to China said 'some want to sit in sight of church or chapel bell, I want to have a rescue mission, within a yard of hell'. Do I/you, have a passion for the lost?

I know it is one area of my life, that is lacking. We need to look through the eyes of Jesus and see people as Jesus saw them.When we look at the crowds as sheep without a shepherd, then and only then, will we be looking at people as Jesus did.

Please look at verse 3, Esther besought the King with tears. How many times, have you besought the Father for your family or friends?

How many times, have I/you, been brought to tears because our families and friends are far away from Christ?

Chap 8:8 New orders

In Persian Law, the only way a decree could be invalidated was by the issue of a new one, and this has been done by God through Jesus, Jesus has fulfilled all the Law and has blotted out the handwriting of legal ordinances against us Colossians 2:11-15.

Now we can now go out into the world, able to tell them that through Jesus, their sins can be forgiven and their lives transformed. We are carrying out the orders of the King of Kings.

The seal of the king, was placed on the order given, likewise with us, the orders given to us, have been sealed. Jesus said that all authority, was given to Him Matthew 28:19-20. That means, we speak with authority.. amen

Another aspect here is that we are given power through the Holy Spirit, unless we work with the anointing of the Precious Holy spirit, all we do is totally wasted and useless. The orders, we are given are sealed with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Chap 8:9-14 Access all areas

The decree went to all the provinces, just like the gospel must, Jesus said go into ALL the world, not just to the nations, people's and groups that are receptive. Church, how often do we go for the comfortable middle class people? We ought to take the gospel to everyone, this gospel is an inclusive gospel

When you take the gospel out into the world, you go in the authority that God has given you, this verse is so amazing, the decree was signed in the Kings name, sealed with his seal and the riders were sent on horseback, meaning that this was a job of haste, as is the preaching of the gospel as Jesus is coming back soon. Chap 8:14

Chap 8:15-17 Joy Unconfined

Look at the result the decree had, gladness and joy erupted, the people, who had been under the death sentence, had been saved, whenever and where ever the gospel is proclaimed, joy and gladness break out, so go on, make your street happy today. Notice that many non-Jews became Jews on that day, the effects of your witness, the power of your witness will bring about results you can hardly imagine.

Don't you just love verse 15. Mordecai went out dressed in Royal apparel. Like him, we are dressed in the royal apparel of the King Of Kings. Believer, never forget that you are a royal child, one who is dressed in the royal apparel of the One and Only King of Kings.. you are dressed in the righteousness of Jesus.. amen

Chap 9:1 Unable to stand

The decree when it is told and shown to the people, makes the enemies of God crumble, nothing can stand against the power of the gospel, it scares the devil and the church moves forward with rejoicing, as it fulfills the commission, Jesus gave us to do.
Church, one thing matters in these final days, the decree ( Gospel ) of the Lord has to be preached, the decree that says

"There is no other name under heaven, whereby men must be saved"- JESUS.

We are under instruction from the King of Kings..our orders are given directly to us, they are given so that men and women, can come to salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Matthew 28:19-20

Romans 10 says these words:

14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher?
15And how can men [be expected to] preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings! [How welcome is the coming of those who preach the good news of His good things!](F)

What are we waiting for, haven't we been given our instructions ?. So let's get going.. amen

I hope this study blesses you

God bless you

Keith

Featured website link

The website below, show you how to share your faith and I hope you spend time viewing the excellent articles on it

http://www.livingwaters.com/

Featured Website Link

Please share this page, with all your friends. Jesus is alive

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive

Special song

Please click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKG3Pwr0 ... re=related
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word