To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is with great joy that I greet you from Morecambe in the United Kingdom. I live virtually 100 yards from the sea..please put Morecambe Bay views into a google search and you will see where I live. The views across the bay are the best in the whole of the UK.. I am biased of course and the sunsets are amazing.

Well that's enough of me advertising Morecambe. Please share these devotions with all your friends and also please click on the featured page link at the bottom

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Proverbs 15

3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch upon the evil and the good.

Have you as a believer asked someone to repeat something they have said to you, because you didn't quite catch it, and they said ' oh It was nothing important'.

Well God never misses anything, he sees and hears everything, he does not miss a trick.

To me as a believer, this is really comforting, because I know that sometimes things are said and done behind my back, but God sees and hears everything.

He sees all the times you have been talked about, every bad word that has been spoken about you and every trick that has been planned and played on you.

Our Father sees absolutely everything and so we can rest in this truth, we do not have to worry about what people say about us, or do to us, because God sees it and he weighs these things, he is our avenger.

So we have to let God be God. Do Not act as God, seeking revenge, because you have the fearful judge of the universe in your corner.

He sees the injustice done to you and he and he alone, will deal with that. One thing that you have to remember is that in the end, you will come through all of the trials stronger and sweeter, because you stand on the promises of God and you look to Him. Do not seek to deal with things in your own way.

Believe me, it has taken me a long time to learn this lesson and yes.. I fail still.. but God in his graciousness just picks me up, after I have come to him and asked for his forgiveness.

Please don't think I am some super christian.. because I am not.. But God loves me and I trust in Him

I hope this blesses someone

God Bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Daniel 6

8 Now, O king, establish the decree and sign the writing that it may not be changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which cannot be altered.
9 So King Darius signed the writing and the decree.

10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house, and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he got down upon his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.

We know the story of Daniel, so well. How God shut the lions mouths after he had been placed in their den.

I just want to focus on Daniel's attitude in verse 10.

He knew that the writing, had been signed by the King and he knew the results of breaking that command, given by the King.

But his relationship to God, meant more to him, that his relationship with the King.

He knew that breaking this order, meant the loss of his privileged position, and would lead to death.

But he was prepared to give it all up, because of his relationship with God

Is your relationship to God, the number one thing in your life?

Would you be prepared to go and still pray and witness like Daniel Did? Even though you knew the severe consequences of your actions?

Daniel, was very definite and very public in his prayers, he prayed with his windows open, people would of heard him.

Maybe, you will say, that he was reckless, well God honoured his stand for truth.

It is time church, to stand up like Daniel.

Many years ago, the cover of Keith Green album.. No compromise, had a picture of a King carried on a chair and all about Him, people bowing to the ground except one.
We need to stand up and be strong in our faith.. amen. The time for compromise is over, it is time to stand up and speak up for the Lord. It is time to be like the Early church in Acts 17:6, they were known as the people who turned the whole world upside down. The church and also individual Christian's, need to recapture the spirit and lifestyle of the early church.. amen
Isn't it time, we became No Compromise Christians and begin to turn the world upside down for Jesus. If we do this, the world would sit up and take notice

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"I have chosen you out of the world." – John 15:19
Here is distinguishing grace and discriminating regard; for some are made the special objects of divine affection. Do not be afraid to dwell upon this high doctrine of election. When your mind is most heavy and depressed, you will find it to be a bottle of richest cordial. Those who doubt the doctrines of grace, or who cast them into the shade, miss the richest clusters of Eshcol; they lose the wines on the lees well refined, the fat things full of marrow. There is no balm in Gilead comparable to it. If the honey in Jonathan’s wood when but touched enlightened the eyes, this is honey which will enlighten your heart to love and learn the mysteries of the kingdom of God. Eat, and fear not a surfeit; live upon this choice dainty, and fear not that it will be too delicate a diet. Meat from the King’s table will hurt none of his courtiers. Desire to have your mind enlarged, that you may comprehend more and more the eternal, everlasting, discriminating love of God. When you have mounted as high as election, tarry on its sister mount, the covenant of grace. Covenant engagements are the munitions of stupendous rock behind which we lie entrenched; covenant engagements with the surety, Christ Jesus, are the quiet resting-places of trembling spirits.

"His oath, his covenant, his blood,
Support me in the raging flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
This still is all my strength and stay."
If Jesus undertook to bring me to glory, and if the Father promised that he would give me to the Son to be a part of the infinite reward of the travail of his soul; then, my soul, till God himself shall be unfaithful, till Jesus shall cease to be the truth, thou art safe. When David danced before the ark, he told Michal that election made him do so. Come, my soul, exult before the God of grace and leap for joy of heart.

PM
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin." – Psalm 32:5
David’s grief for sin was bitter. Its effects were visible upon his outward frame: "his bones waxed old"; "his moisture was turned into the drought of summer." No remedy could he find, until he made a full confession before the throne of the heavenly grace. He tells us that for a time he kept silence, and his heart became more and more filled with grief: like a mountain tarn whose outlet is blocked up, his soul was swollen with torrents of sorrow. He fashioned excuses; he endeavoured to divert his thoughts, but it was all to no purpose; like a festering sore his anguish gathered, and as he would not use the lancet of confession, his spirit was full of torment, and knew no rest. At last it came to this, that he must return unto his God in humble penitence, or die outright; so he hastened to the mercy-seat, and there unrolled the volume of his iniquities before the all-seeing One, acknowledging all the evil of his ways in language such as you read in the fifty-first and other penitential Psalms. Having done this, a work so simple and yet so difficult to pride, he received at once the token of divine forgiveness; the bones which had been broken were made to rejoice, and he came forth from his closet to sing the blessedness of the man whose transgression is forgiven. See the value of a grace-wrought confession of sin! It is to be prized above all price, for in every case where there is a genuine, gracious confession, mercy is freely given, not because the repentance and confession deserve mercy, but for Christ’s sake. Blessed be God, there is always healing for the broken heart; the fountain is ever flowing to cleanse us from our sins. Truly, O Lord, thou art a God "ready to pardon!" Therefore will we acknowledge our iniquities.

Featured page link

Please take time to view the homepage of the site. It tells my life story, my testimony is on it and also details of my church and my location of Morecambe

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word