To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:59 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

What a joy, it is to share with you, once again from the word of God. I hope that you enjoy this study and that it encourages you to dig deep into God's precious and Holy Word.

Please share this study with all your friends and also take time to click on the featured page link at the bottom of this message

Thanks

God Bless

Keith

Deborah and Barak

Judges chapters 4-5

Israel had in Joshua 24, made a clear choice to follow the Lord. But all through the book of Judges, we see them going back and forth, just like we do sometimes.

The book of Judges is a true parallel, of the believer's walk today, we sin and fall away from God, are then delivered, go on with Him and then we fall back into the same practices that got us into trouble in the first place.

We are going to look at someone who was one of the Judges of Israel. Deborah and how she helped a man, who was weak in Faith to reach his full potential. For a cross reference to all the qualities of Deborah, please read Proverbs 31:10-31

And yes, she was a woman, let me say this. God chooses people who are dedicated to Him, he does not care, about gender, race, color etc.The only thing that matters to God is that the person concerned is committed to Him and wants to serve HIM and him alone. The Holy Spirit, gives out gifts at his choosing, not ours.

That means, he will give teaching and preaching gifts to women...DO I HEAR AN AMEN?

Deborah had several qualities that we are going to look at:

She had a deep and intimate relationship with God

She lived right in the midst of Israel, who as a nation were rebelling openly against God and yet she was one, who knew GOD and heard from HIM personally. My brothers and sisters, we live in the middle of deep wickedness, and we should be like lights shining bright, making sure this world, not only hears about Jesus, but sees him as well.

She heard and obeyed God's voice Ch 4:6

She was able to hear God clearly. Remember she was a prophetess, who people came to for advice and help, but even before you and I can help anyone, we have to be able to decipher and discern the voice of God. Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not hear"

She had a great understanding of who God was

The Lord God of Israel. What is your view of God?. This is such an important question. If we see God as small, then we will only expect him to do small things, if we see Him as an ogre and not a father, then we will be frightened of Him and not have the sonship we are deserving of , because of the sacrifice of Jesus.

But if we see God, as the Lord God of Israel, just like David AND Deborah did, , then we will be strong and do exploits. Daniel 11:32

She was trusted by the People

They came to Her. She had wisdom, knowledge that drew them. We need to have the wisdom of God, not the wisdom of men. All we have to do is ask for it as James 1:5 says.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

She inspired faithless Barak

I don't know of any finer compliment that anyone could pay, than the one Barak paid Deborah, and yes Barak should of had more faith, but Deborah so stood out as a true woman of God that Barak, would not go into battle without her.

Are you a man or woman of God, who your fellow believers, would say, I will not go into this battle without them?

I love what she says in Verse 14:

Then Deborah said to Barak, "Go! This is the day the LORD has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the LORD gone ahead of you?"

Maybe that is what you need to hear believer. The Lord is saying to you, to step out in faith. He has prepared a way ahead of you and he is telling you to step out in faith. Are you prepared to do this?

Let us have the qualities of Deborah, it does not matter if you a man or woman, black or white, what matters is that you are submitted to God, because once you are, every enemy will flee from before your face.

To all of us, who are like Barak. We need a push to get ourselves moving forward. There is hope, as in Hebrews 11:32, it says this

32 And what shall I say further? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets

Please also read the wonderful song of Praise of Deborah and Barak in Chapter 5

Hallelujah and Glory to the Lord God of Israel!

God bless you

Keith

Featured Page Link

Please click on the page dedicated to praying for China. In the coming months, this will be updated with prayer points for all the provinces of China. Please come back often

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... _China-Cry
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word