To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:07 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a wonderful privilege to share with you from the Word of God. The Book of Books.,. amen. I do hope you will be blessed and that you would share these devotions with all your friends and contacts. Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this mail

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
12 Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
13 Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
I just love these verses
Don't they give you real assurance, they sure do me.
God thinks about you all the time, you are always on his mind. I just love that fact. That the one who never slumbers or sleeps has us always on his mind.
And these thoughts are good, these thoughts are of giving us good things.. they are to give us peace and hope. The only one true God thinks about me/you every single second of every day, it says that his thoughts towards us are more than the grains of sand in the whole world. Have you ever picked up a handful of sand and tried to count the grains? ... there will be many billions and this is the number of thoughts, God has towards you. Psalm 139:17-18
When this fact becomes a reality in our lives, we do certain things:
We call on God and come to Him vs 12. Because we are confident he will take care of us.
We have boldness to pray knowing that GOD will hear and answer us. Hebrews 10:19-22
Not only that but we will want deeper and more fuller communion with God vs13.
God cares for us completely, we can completely and utterly trust him my friends 1 Peter 5:7. Let us go forward with the knowledge that God loves us totally.

These words are words of comfort from God to his people, I hope you find these words as comforting.

Although they were written over 2,5000 years ago, they haven't lost their power.. amen

If you are downcast this morning...focus on the words in the verses Jeremiah 29:11-13

God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
Romans 1

15So, for my part, I am willing and eagerly ready to preach the Gospel to you also who are in Rome.
16For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek

Can I ask you two questions.

Are you like Paul?

Prepared to preach Christ in the place of greatest danger verse 15. Paul knew that if he went to Rome and appealed upon the emperor, that it may well lead to his death.

But he was prepared to do it.. am I/we prepared to do this?. For you, it may be at your workplace, in your school or just with your family.

Sharing the gospel in this place, may lose you friends, it may harm your prospects of promotion etc.. but this is the place where God has put you to shine and share for Him.

Note that Paul was eager and ready to preach the Gospel in Rome or whatever location he was in, no wonder he spoke such words to Timothy in 2 Timothy chapter 4

2 Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.

Secondly, are we ashamed of the Gospel of Christ?

Every time we have an opportunity to say a word for God and don't then this is being ashamed of the gospel. Paul knew that the gospel could change the darkest life.

Do we not share the gospel with someone because we think, that God isn't able to save them?

Believer this is wrong and I speak to myself first and foremost on this issue, because I sometimes lack faith in the power of the Gospel to change and transform lives.

Tell forth the Gospel and then let the power of the Holy Spirit work in people's lives.

Let us share the gospel with all we meet and leave the rest to God

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"I sought him, but I found him not." – Song of Solomon 3:1
Tell me where you lost the company of a Christ, and I will tell you the most likely place to find him. Have you lost Christ in the closet by restraining prayer? Then it is there you must seek and find him. Did you lose Christ by sin? You will find Christ in no other way but by the giving up of the sin, and seeking by the Holy Spirit to mortify the member in which the lust doth dwell. Did you lose Christ by neglecting the Scriptures? You must find Christ in the Scriptures. It is a true proverb, "Look for a thing where you dropped it, it is there." So look for Christ where you lost him, for he has not gone away. But it is hard work to go back for Christ. Bunyan tells us, the pilgrim found the piece of the road back to the Arbour of Ease, where he lost his roll, the hardest he had ever travelled. Twenty miles onward is easier than to go one mile back for the lost evidence.
Take care, then, when you find your Master, to cling close to him. But how is it you have lost him? One would have thought you would never have parted with such a precious friend, whose presence is so sweet, whose words are so comforting, and whose company is so dear to you! How is it that you did not watch him every moment for fear of losing sight of him? Yet, since you have let him go, what a mercy that you are seeking him, even though you mournfully groan, "O that I knew where I might find him!" Go on seeking, for it is dangerous to be without thy Lord. Without Christ you are like a sheep without its shepherd; like a tree without water at its roots; like a sere leaf in the tempest-not bound to the tree of life. With thine whole heart seek him, and he will be found of thee: only give thyself thoroughly up to the search, and verily, thou shalt yet discover him to thy joy and gladness.
PM

"My sister, my spouse." – Song of Solomon 4:12
Observe the sweet titles with which the heavenly Solomon with intense affection addresses his bride the church. "My sister, one near to me by ties of nature, partaker of the same sympathies. My spouse, nearest and dearest, united to me by the tenderest bands of love; my sweet companion, part of my own self. My sister, by my Incarnation, which makes me bone of thy bone and flesh of thy flesh; my spouse, by heavenly betrothal, in which I have espoused thee unto myself in righteousness. My sister, whom I knew of old, and over whom I watched from her earliest infancy; my spouse, taken from among the daughters, embraced by arms of love, and affianced unto me for ever. See how true it is that our royal Kinsman is not ashamed of us, for he dwells with manifest delight upon this two-fold relationship. We have the word "my" twice in our version; as if Christ dwelt with rapture on his possession of his Church. "His delights were with the sons of men," because those sons of men were his own chosen ones. He, the Shepherd, sought the sheep, because they were his sheep; he has gone about "to seek and to save that which was lost," because that which was lost was his long before it was lost to itself or lost to him. The church is the exclusive portion of her Lord; none else may claim a partnership, or pretend to share her love. Jesus, thy church delights to have it so! Let every believing soul drink solace out of these wells. Soul! Christ is near to thee in ties of relationship; Christ is dear to thee in bonds of marriage union, and thou art dear to him; behold he grasps both of thy hands with both his own, saying, "My sister, my spouse." Mark the two sacred holdfasts by which thy Lord gets such a double hold of thee that he neither can nor will ever let thee go. Be not, O beloved, slow to return the hallowed flame of his love.
Featured Page Link

Please click on the link below.. as it will lead you to a page that shares about some of the true Saints of God in times past.

There is so much we can learn from these Godly men and women.. this page will change every month.. so please come back often and tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ith-movers
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word