To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture.. please read and click the links

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture.. please read and click the links

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is a real joy and privilege to share with you all once again. I am so privileged to be able to share with people all over the world...who read these messages. Thanks to all of you, who forward these messages onto all your friends and If you don't already, then please do

Before you start to read this article.. I want you to click on the following two Links. These were soul winners.. men who were so devoted to saving souls. Look at their lives and be inspired. We think that we are winning souls for Jesus.. but please look at the example that these two men set and then consider whether you are a soul winner

Please use the other links at the bottom and the link to my website page, which has lots of great articles. This is important my brothers and sisters

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

John Harper
http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal ... harper.htm

CT Studd

http://www.wholesomewords.org/children/biostuddcc.html

Simply Scripture

Matthew 28:17-20

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

My Dear friends.
This message has been on my heart for some time and I am following the Leading of the Spirit of God as I write it.

These are some of the last recorded words of Jesus whilst he was on earth, so he sure wants them remembered.. This passage has:

Commands

Go vs 19
Teach all Nations vs 19
Baptise vs 19

Promises

Jesus has all authority.. over everything vs 18
Jesus will be with us vs 20

It says that they worshipped Him verse 17, but there was still doubts there, doubts about what you may ask, they had seen the evidence of Jesus Resurrection, they had seen his miracle working power. Are you like some of the disciples?. You have seen Jesus do miracles in your life, you have seen His power in evidence in your life, but you still doubt. He asks why?

Jesus has the answer to their doubt in verse 18, he said that all authority was given to Him. Yes that's right my friends.. all power. And who had given Jesus all authority, it was the Father, who had given all things into His hands. Jesus has at His disposal, the greatest power the world has ever seen or will see.. AMEN

Because of what he says in verse 18, we can be confident of our commission in verses 19-20. Are we?

This is not just a commission to evangelize the world, we have to do follow up and bringing men and women to maturity in Christ

We have to baptize these believers, they have to know the realization of being buried with Christ in baptism Romans 6:1-4. Just like the early church did, we have to do the same. Acts chs 2-6

Baptism was an outward sign of an inner commitment, it was a testimony to the world of a person coming to trust Jesus. If you haven't been baptised by immersion, I would encourage you to be baptised.. it is the most wonderful experience and you will be obeying the words of Jesus

We have to teach and train them up , sharing with them all that Jesus taught, so that they follow Him closely and become effective disciples of the Lord. Can I ask do we as individuals and churches neglect our role here?

I Love the discourse of Jesus in John chs 13-17, it is so beautiful. there he outlined certain things that the disciples had to learn.

That they were to be connected to the vine... the relationship with Christ John 15:1-5
The Unity of the Believers.. the Love they had to have one for another John chapter 17
Obedience to God John 14

There are others, but if all young Christians knew these 3 principles, they wouldn't go far wrong amen? If we share with each new converts to read these five chapters, then they would start on the right path, because this is what Jesus says, not our church doctrine book!

We have lots of conversions, but how many true disciples do we make? In his sermon.. Hells best kept secret, Ray Comfort said that nearly 80% of people who come to Christ are lost. Is this because we neglect part of the great commission? It is no good obeying one part of it and not the rest. Does a mother have a baby and then leave it to fend on it's own?. NO!. Neither should we with spiritual babes. Jesus has shed his precious blood to redeem them.. how dare we neglect them?

We need not be afraid when we go out into the world, because not only do we have the ultimate power of Jesus with us, we have the very presence of Jesus with us, by the means of the Holy Spirit. He promises to be with us and never ever leave us.

My friends, let us not be afraid to witness and share the gospel, let us not doubt the gospel, let us not doubt that the Lord's hand is shortened, it still can and will save the vilest sinner. Look at Paul for instance, God saved Him

Let us take up the challenge of reaching the world and then helping people who trust in Jesus, grow into maturity.

How do we reach the world for Christ. Well here are a few ways. . Why Don't you:

Prayer walk your street/road/village claiming it for Jesus and anointing it with the blood of Jesus.. speaking it over your community.. claim your street for Christ

Get Gospels of John or Gospel Booklets from your local christian bookstore and distribute them in your local area. Place your church's address and phone number on it or even your own

Give out these booklets to people at your local shop/store.. or where ever you meet people. Always carry Gospels/christian literature with you

If there are Christians from other churches who live on your street/road, get together once a month to pray for people.. it sure would help christian unity if nothing else. Or even organise a street event.. such as a coffee morning, come on church get creative.. get out of your comfort zone.. Jesus told us to go.. not stay in our ivory towers we call church.

Open your home to your friends/neighbours

In closing I want to go back to John Harper . When the Titanic went down, there were large numbers of people in the water and the lifeboats were half full. We are the people in the lifeboats who have been gloriously saved. One only Lifeboat went back to look for survivors. this is a picture of the church today. Can I ask, is your lifeboat only half full and why aren't you going back to pick up survivors and rescue them from certain death?

Because if they are without Christ, that is what they are facing. The lifeboats were frightened of being dragged under by the swell, they said let just leave it to the main rescue ship.. albeit we do, we say let's have a big crusade with a big evangelist. What's your excuse believer for not going back and seeking to rescue those in the water? All these excuses hold no water with God my friends.. however good we think they are.. amen.

You are their only hope after all. Has your lifeboat been back to pick up survivors or are you letting them drown?
CT Studd said that he wanted to have a rescue chapel within a yard of hell. He gave up so much for the gospel, what are you willing to give up for the gospel? Jesus says go, he doesn't say stay in your churches and be comfortable.. amen? If my/your Christianity doesn't cost us anything, then it is not biblical Christianity .. amen?
Let us weep for the souls of men.. like Jesus did. we all say we want to be like Jesus.. well do we weep like he did.

Let's reach the world and make a difference

God bless you

Keith

Please click on the following links

Hell's Best kept Secret by Ray Comfort

http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/hells ... secret.htm

Featured page link

This page is the Guest page.. please come every week to this page, as it is updated with the very best christian articles every Tuesday

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word