To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Put my money where my mouth is

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Gold member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome and thank you.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Shann

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Put my money where my mouth is

Postby BusBoss » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 am

So for the last ?? years I've talked about supporting FW. I've always appreciated everything this site has done for me ... giving me a chance to grow as a writer and having a good Christian group of people to hang around with.

I've never felt moved or motivated to join the 500 ... I don't know why. I participated in the challenge and enjoyed the boards ... I built some very close friendships to the extreme that I would consider many of the people here like family.

Even during my lengthy absences I always wondered and worried about this site and my friends. This last time when I popped in for a check I hadn't been writing for the better part of a year ... just not motivated. I saw how the site has changed and grown ... I also saw that the previously free challenge was now part of the paid memberships. For some reason this seemed to cause distress amongst many people. My first comment back on the boards was defending this action.

I didn't know how I was going to do it because I am severely short on funds right now, but I knew I needed to join. After Pam and I found a little extra money so I could join I suddenly felt motivated to write again.

Unfortunately I am still a procrastinator and waited until Wednesday night to join and almost didn't get my membership activated in time to submit my challenge entry.

For those who remember me, you can see I haven't lost my long windedness :wink: 8) :roll:
My blog Da Bus Stop

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

So glad you joined! It's worth it to support the site and people you love.

I haven't entered the Challenge in a couple months, and won't likely for at least a couple more weeks, but I love that my automatic withdrawal goes out every month for this place.

Writetrack

Postby Writetrack » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:21 am

Aw...SO glad you're back, Tim, and that you've decided to join the 500. You already know what a blessing the site is. Now you get to reap lots of extra benefits, too!

THANK YOU for your support. You're a blessing. :)

Return to New to the FaithWriters Gold Membership