To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Question

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, Shann

Roseann
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Question

Postby Roseann » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 pm

If I post an article for sale on the Regular Article Submission site, can it still be published?

I also wrote a children's book. It has already been edited. Does anyone have a
publisher that would be interested in three short stories using my pets to teach children about God's love, fear, self-esteem using God's word?

Roseann Sparacia

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Roseann.

Yes, your article can still be published elsewhere, unless you actually do sell it as a sole rights article through FaithWriters. If you sell it to the publisher so that it basically becomes their article to use as they wish, then you can't use that article anywhere else.

For now, though, you can try to sell something through FaithWriters, and be seeking other publishing opportunities as well. However, if you do have it published elsewhere, that should be disclosed to any future publishers.

As for the children's story, I can't help you with that other than to suggest getting a copy of the Sally Stuart's Christian Writers' Market Guide or even the Writers' Market Guide for Children. You should be able to find both those books on Amazon.

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

Roseann
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I have another question

Postby Roseann » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:57 pm

How do I access the free email through Faithwriters.

Roseann

BreathFreshAir wrote:Hi Roseann.

Yes, your article can still be published elsewhere, unless you actually do sell it as a sole rights article through FaithWriters. If you sell it to the publisher so that it basically becomes their article to use as they wish, then you can't use that article anywhere else.

For now, though, you can try to sell something through FaithWriters, and be seeking other publishing opportunities as well. However, if you do have it published elsewhere, that should be disclosed to any future publishers.

As for the children's story, I can't help you with that other than to suggest getting a copy of the Sally Stuart's Christian Writers' Market Guide or even the Writers' Market Guide for Children. You should be able to find both those books on Amazon.

Love, Deb

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Roseann, the free email had to be removed from the list of benefits for FW Platinum members back in January, I think. It is still available as a paid service, but the provider of the email service had increased the costs so dramatically that it became financially impossible for FaithWriters to continue providing it for free to our Platinum members.

Anyway, this is where you can find out about the email service now, but it's no longer free (although Scott has kept the cost as low as possible):

http://www.faithwriters.com/email.php

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion