PamDavis wrote:Thanks, Jan, apple for the teacher....not sure how to do the italics, when I cut and paste I lose them. I can't figure out how it works on this post a reply. My computer skills leave a lot to be desired.
There are two ways to do italics--one for these boards, and one for the Writing Challenge. Both are pretty easy, and use HTML.
On the boards, before you hit submit (you have to still be in the text box), highlight (with your mouse) the word or phrase you want in italics. Then just click on the little box near the top left of your blue reply area--it's got a little 'i' on it. You'll see some unusual symbols appear near your highlighted text--and when you hit 'submit', it'll be highlighted.
It's not quite so simple for challenge entries, but still only takes a few steps.
1. Copy and paste your entry into the Challenge Submission box.
2. Locate the word or phrase that you want in italics
3. Type these symbols before and after the word, so that it looks like this: (I'm going to italicize 'best' in the sentence below)
Piper is the <i>best</i> granddaughter ever.
4. Hit the 'preview' button. Your sentence should appear in your entry like this:
Piper is the best
5. If you've mistyped even one symbol of the HTML code, it won't show up right, but you can go back and fix it. Hit 'Preview' and check again until you get it right. Once you've done it once or twice, it'll become second nature.