2010 Page Turner is Coming....

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

2010 Page Turner is Coming....

Post by Deb Porter »

Sorry for the delay to all those Platinum member non-fiction writers who are hanging out for this year's Page Turner. There have been a few out of the ordinary things that have slowed me down with preparing the information. BUT it is coming!

So if you are a non-fiction writer, get that manuscript underway. The same rules as last year will apply, but instead of fiction, it's time for non-fiction to have some fun.

Don't rush, though. You have ages to prepare.
Last edited by Deb Porter on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

eleanor
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by eleanor »

Hi Deb--

New to the 500 and am interested in the Page Turner contest for 2010--
Is there a place I can find out the basic guidelines (length/topics/restrictions,etc)--I've been poking around for awhile but am coming up empty--probably am missing it!!
Thanks!
Micheline
Have been writing since I was old enough to hold a crayon-but only recently felt it was time to "do something" with it. Thank the Lord for Dt. 31:8 "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by Writetrack »

That's what Deb is talking about, Micheline. She will be posting the guidelines very, very soon. Hang tight! In the meantime, here is a little about it, including the prize package and the winners from last year: http://www.faithwriters.com/page-turner-winners2009.php

Basically, though, you submit the first chapter of your ms (it does not have to be finished), along with a brief synopsis of the entire projected book. This year, the focus is on non-fiction. Deadline to enter is usually at the end of October.

:)
eleanor
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by eleanor »

Thanks Lynda! Will look for it---do have an idea of something I'd like to write---maybe this will motivate me to finally get it going!
Have been writing since I was old enough to hold a crayon-but only recently felt it was time to "do something" with it. Thank the Lord for Dt. 31:8 "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

The information is coming! Honest!

Hopefully early next week.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”