To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Question about payment

Learn more about the FaithWriters Gold Member Benefits.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards

Amanda1991
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Question about payment

Postby Amanda1991 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 am

I have a question about the payment situation for the Gold Membership. Is there an advantage to using paypal? I'm just wondering why it's the only option for payment, whereas some of the other service packages on Faithwriters have multiple options.
"I am sure that some are born to write as trees are born to bear leaves." ~ C.S. Lewis

"I write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn't I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

My FW Profile

Facebook

Follow the Fanatic on Twitter

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:24 pm

The PayPal is the easiest to do I guess, and as Gold in relitively new to the site membership thingy, it may be that the other options have not been added in yet. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Amanda1991

Postby Amanda1991 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 pm

That makes sense. I was just wondering why they don't have a regular credit card option. Unless it's because Paypal is automated or something. Anyway, thanks for the comment. :)
"I am sure that some are born to write as trees are born to bear leaves." ~ C.S. Lewis

"I write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn't I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

My FW Profile

Facebook

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:37 am

Amanda, I'll check with Scott, but although I could be wrong, I suspect it's because credit card billing gets a bit tricky when people's cards expire. We have a lot of "unable to bill" issues with the platinum membership when it comes time to re-bill (due to expired dates on the cards).

With PayPal, the member would be reminded to update their account if it was about to expire. So that alone would make Scott's job a little easier (failure to bill issues have been a major headache in the past).

But that's just me guessing. I will check with him.

Love, Deb
Finesse Writing & Editing Service

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Coming Soon ... Breath of Fresh Air Press (the home of FaithWriters' Books)

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Just heard back from Scott.

You can pay for your Gold membership by Credit Card, but it's all through PayPal (whether you have a PayPal account or not).

It's just a case of PayPal providing both services now. You can either use your PayPal account for your Gold Membership, or you can just use PayPal to act as the processor of a credit card payment. I'd forgotten PayPal had introduced this service.

When members click through to PayPal, there's a note on the bottom of their page saying "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account (where available)."

Love, Deb

Amanda1991

Postby Amanda1991 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

Thanks Deb! You've been most helpful! :D So, does Paypal or Faithwriters inform you each year as to when they are about to charge your account? I know it's supposed to renew each year unless you cancel so I was just wondering if there's some notification. I'm figuring the answer is probably yes.

My FW Profile

Facebook

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 am

I get a notice when they take a payment, then again when the payment goes through. I have it listed with my bank as to what payments are made and how many, if more show up than what is listed the bank calls me.

I do the monthly payments... I don't think I could have enough in the back if I did yearlys. It would be a lot in one chunk now. monthly isn't so bad.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:33 am

Amanda, I'm not sure how PayPal works with rebilling (whether they notify you before it's taken out or whether it's after the payment is made). Just in case, it might be worth making a note of the date you signed up and then set it as a reminder (if you use Outlook) about three weeks before it's due to be renewed.

Love, Deb

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 am

I get an e-mail when payment is made. I've never gotten a renewal notice. It just keeps going.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Amanda1991

Postby Amanda1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

K, I guess I'll just have to make sure there's enough money in my checking account for the payment when next year rolls around. That'll be a ways off though. No big deal. I just need to stay on top of it 'cause I keep most of my money in my savings account rather than checking. (But don't tell nobody my money secrets! :P :wink: )

My FW Profile

Facebook

Amanda1991

Postby Amanda1991 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I do the monthly payments... I don't think I could have enough in the back if I did yearlys. It would be a lot in one chunk now. monthly isn't so bad.

Monthly payments probably would be handy. I chose the yearly one though 'cause I like to get it all taken care of at once. Plus you save a few bucks if you choose the yearly payment, and I LOVE savings! :D

My FW Profile

Facebook

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok so today I'm playing my "internet inept" card. Yesterday I registered for Gold, and when I got to the final page it said something about an error, so I didn't think it worked, which was fine cause I accidentally entered the wrong billing address.

Now that I check my email it looks like both transactions went through- how do I correct this?? :?
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:53 am

Hi Kara. I just checked your account, and Scott has definitely activated your gold membership. So it's all gone through. You are now officially a gold member. :mrgreen: Welcome!!!

Love, Deb

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:44 am

Thanks Deb!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Return to Gold Member Benefits