How Do I Get to the Most Recent Post in Thread?

Frequently asked questions for life at FaithWriters and here in the forums.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

How Do I Get to the Most Recent Post in Thread?

Post by Deb Porter »

You know the feeling. You've been faithfully following a 300 page discussion on the message boards, and you really, really, really don't want to have to wade through every page in that thread to get to the the most recent post. So what do you do?

Well, there are a few ways to keep track of a topic and cut straight to the chase.

If you have posted to the discussion, before hitting submit make sure you check the box that says "Notify me when a reply is posted." As long as your email address is up to date in your profile here on the boards, you'll receive an email whenever anyone posts to that same thread. That email will include a link that will take you straight to the new post.

An easier way is to click on the "View Posts Since Last Visit" link at the top right corner of the main page ( http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... d=newposts ) When that page opens, find the discussion you are following. Next to the title there will be a little black arrow pointing to an orange symbol (like a little sheet of paper). Click on that orange symbol, and it will take you to the latest post in that discussion. (Very nifty!)

Another way is to just open the thread you are following and scroll down to the bottom of the page. At the bottom you'll see the option to Display the posts in order of Oldest or Newest. The default setting is oldest, but if you change it to newest, you'll see the most recent post at the top of the page for that discussion.

The second option is probably the easiest of all, but any of these three ways will help make navigating lengthy threads a whole lot easier.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “FAQ”