To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Page Turners

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderator: Deb Porter

browniesgal
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Page Turners

Postby browniesgal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi folks, I just got into 500 last night. The call to help out and be a 500 member really struck me. i like FW very much.
Now for my question, Is a page turner just a fiction novel . Or is it a Mystery? Also It doesn't have to be finished yet to submit? Is that right?
When must it be finished.Just couldn't locate all these answers. Thanks!
:D Ruth Brown

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:21 pm

I think you should be able to find all of your answers if you click here. Looks like you have very little time--hurry!

Your question about fiction/mystery isn't specifically addressed there, but mystery works are included within the "fiction" category. Unless, of course, you're writing a true-life account of something mysterious that actually happened. But if it's made-up, with your own characters and plot, that's fiction.
Jan Ackerson

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Ruth, first of all, THANK YOU so much for responding to the call for supporters. May God pour His blessing back on you one hundredfold for what you have given.

Anyway, as Jan said, you will need to really fly to get your entry in this year's Page Turner, but don't let that hold you back.

This year's contest is aimed totally at fiction, so as Jan said, if your entry is a fictional mystery story, then you are right to enter. If it's a true story, though, then save that for next year's contest (which will be for non-fiction and will run from the 1st January through to 31st October, 2010).

If you've got a manuscript for a novel in the works now, hope to see you in the Page Turner list.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

browniesgal
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Page Turners

Postby browniesgal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 pm

:shiney2 :thankssign I appreciate your welcome and your help. I'm thinking of submitting,but must work on it more. Definitely need editorial feed back. You all have a high calling. Thank you everyone for your services and hard work. In His Service, Ruth Brown

lidijo1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

welcome, Ruth

Postby lidijo1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:40 am

Welcome to FW500, Ruth, and thanks for becoming a supporter for Faithwriters.
I hope you are able to get your entry in on time... this is my first time to enter and I am so excited!
I don't know what my future holds... but I know WHO holds my future...and "I'm persuaded that HE is able to keep that which I've committed unto HIM against that day".

Return to Page Turner Writing Contest