Page Turners

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

browniesgal
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Page Turners

Post by browniesgal »

Hi folks, I just got into 500 last night. The call to help out and be a 500 member really struck me. i like FW very much.
Now for my question, Is a page turner just a fiction novel . Or is it a Mystery? Also It doesn't have to be finished yet to submit? Is that right?
When must it be finished.Just couldn't locate all these answers. Thanks!
:D Ruth Brown
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

I think you should be able to find all of your answers if you click here. Looks like you have very little time--hurry!

Your question about fiction/mystery isn't specifically addressed there, but mystery works are included within the "fiction" category. Unless, of course, you're writing a true-life account of something mysterious that actually happened. But if it's made-up, with your own characters and plot, that's fiction.
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Ruth, first of all, THANK YOU so much for responding to the call for supporters. May God pour His blessing back on you one hundredfold for what you have given.

Anyway, as Jan said, you will need to really fly to get your entry in this year's Page Turner, but don't let that hold you back.

This year's contest is aimed totally at fiction, so as Jan said, if your entry is a fictional mystery story, then you are right to enter. If it's a true story, though, then save that for next year's contest (which will be for non-fiction and will run from the 1st January through to 31st October, 2010).

If you've got a manuscript for a novel in the works now, hope to see you in the Page Turner list.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

browniesgal
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Page Turners

Post by browniesgal »

:shiney2 :thankssign I appreciate your welcome and your help. I'm thinking of submitting,but must work on it more. Definitely need editorial feed back. You all have a high calling. Thank you everyone for your services and hard work. In His Service, Ruth Brown
lidijo1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

welcome, Ruth

Post by lidijo1 »

Welcome to FW500, Ruth, and thanks for becoming a supporter for Faithwriters.
I hope you are able to get your entry in on time... this is my first time to enter and I am so excited!
I don't know what my future holds... but I know WHO holds my future...and "I'm persuaded that HE is able to keep that which I've committed unto HIM against that day".

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”