Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

HELP, please...

Post by kahoosbt »

HELP! (Please... :D )

I'm trying to submit my Page Turner entry, and I keep getting the error message "incorrect file type".

I read that there was some sort of glitch so it needed to be saved in Word 97-2003 format, so I did that. (.doc extension)

It won't take it.

So I tried saving it in each of the other Word formats. It won't take any of them.

I use "Works" WP (came with the computer---.wps extension) to write, so figured the problem is probably coming somewhere in the save to a different format.

I also have a copy of Open Office, so I pasted the whole thing into that, and then saved from there to Word 97-2003 format, then each of the other Word formats. --None of those worked either.

I even tried submitting it in other formats (even though it specified Word): .wps .odt and .rtf. ...Nope, nope and...nope.

I've run out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :mrgreen:

(I'm just glad I didn't wait until Oct. 31 to submit my entry! :shock: )

Shelley
Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by Writetrack »

I'm sure Deb will pop in and let you know what to do. Don't worry...you'll get it entered in time. :)
kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt »

Well, one advantage to the delay in being able to get my entry submitted is that I keep tweaking it! :D

I was happy with what I tried to submit last week, but, since I've had more time to study additional editing materials and apply them, I'm even happier with it now. I haven't made any drastic changes, but the changes in word choice, etc, that I have made have, I believe, made my chapter stronger.

But I'm making fewer and fewer tweaks with each pass, so I think I'm about getting to the end of my knowledge and ability in editing at this point. That doesn't mean there isn't any room for improvement , of course! :rolling (That will never happen, LOL.) --Just that it's getting harder for me to find those things.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm thankful (on my part) for the delay...but definitely praying for Deb, and hoping she feels much better soon!

Shelley
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Shelley, I've sent you a PM. Let me know if you don't get it.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt »

Woo-Hoo! :superhappy

My Page Turner entry is IN...confirmed by Deb as being tucked safely in her files.

I feel like I won just by successfully getting my entry submitted! :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks again, Deb for the help for my uncooperative files!

Shelley

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”