I'm a Newbie and looking for a Writing Buddy!

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

allycanning
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I'm a Newbie and looking for a Writing Buddy!

Post by allycanning »

Hi fellow "500" writers,

I am new to Faithwriters as of October 1st, feel honored to support all of Faithwriter's efforts by becoming a "500" member and have hit-the-ground-running by already participating in the "Red" and "Blue" Writer's Challenges.

My small bit of published work was back in the 70's. Since then I finished my 4-year degree at UC Davis, married my college sweetheart (still married after 32 years), emptied our nest of our 3 offspring (several times before they stayed permanently independent), moved 16 times, am enjoying the antics of my first grandchild and am writing from our current home (a 5th wheel trailer parked in Loomis, CA). My husband and I have been assisting his aging parents fulltime since June 2008 and will soon follow them to their winter-time condo in Palm Springs, CA.

Over the years I have written articles, stories, devotional thoughts from my life experiences, etc. that I am now ready to bring out of my files, polish and seek publication for. Something inside always told me I would start writing in earnest and seeking publication by my 55th birthday. Well, that is just around the corner and there is no better time than the present.

I am looking for a writing buddy in the Palm Springs area who shares similar writing goals. Someone I can physically meet with once a week to share goals, writings, ideas, failures and successes. Are you out there?

If so, I would love to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Ally Canning
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world…. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.” Marianne Williamson
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

:clap :welcome :superhappy :party
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
CherieAnn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CherieAnn »

!!WELCOME!!