To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture.. it's time to wake up church!!!

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture.. it's time to wake up church!!!

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

This is a very strong message, it is one you may disagree with. But it is what God has laid on my heart. please share it with your friends and groups and with your pastor and church leaders. Any comments.. both good or bad would be received with interest

Thanks

Keith

My Dear Brothers and sisters

I remember where I was when the Lord gave me this. These writings I put out are not musings of my own heart and mind, they are truly what God shares with me. God's heart is breaking because of disunity and strife in the Body of Christ. Please read what God has laid on my heart

Keith

The Great Divide

All scriptures Taken from the King James Version

John 17

0 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Galatians 3
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

In the last few weeks, the Lord has shown me certain things and so I am here just seeking to share what he has shown me.

The scriptures at the top are of paramount importance. They are not just pleasant platitudes, but they are the cry of both our Savior's heart and of the beloved Apostle Paul, but also repeated many times by Peter, John and James.

That plea is for unity within the body of Christ. We have got into a sea of denominations that stifle the effectiveness of the Body of Christ...amen

When Jesus prayed in John 17, did he pray separate prayer's for the Methodists to be unified and another for the Baptists to be unified? NO. He prayed one prayer. and that was for the WHOLE CHURCH. to be in unity, just like he was and is with his Father.

Let me ask you this. All who believe in the Precious name of Jesus are saved?. amen. Including those of other denominations amen.

Now we do have different views on certain issues. So did the two great British evangelists.. John Wesley and George Whitfield. But Wesley was gracious enough to say when asked if Whitfield would be in heaven, he stated that Whitfield would be closer to the throne than he would ever be, what a gracious comment. Let me admit, I don't see eye to eye with some of my brothers and sisters in Christ, but it doesn't stop me praying for them, helping them and sharing with them.

Where strife exists, so does every evil thing. Be careful Christian, when taking a stance against another believer on some point of scripture. Are you perfect... take time to look at the plank in your eye. You can have all your doctrine, set out in a line and you miss the love part with your brethren, then you are a clanging cymbal and you know how irritating they are?

You see dear brothers and sisters, when we walk in unity, the world sits up and takes notice, the world is spilt from top to bottom, so we can be like the world and walk in disunity or walk in unity and change the world.

The greatest danger Paul saw for the early church, was disunity, just look at the church at Corinth for the role model of a church that was pulling in opposite direction. Not a good reflection on JESUS.

The very first church in Acts ch 2 is how it should be, they helped each other, they ate in each others homes, they did not have different churches for every branch of the Jewish nation they came from, and in that church, there were Jews from every single area, so there were opportunities for splits, but love was king and this stopped splits.

The Lord dropped something in my spirit the other evening. He said, how is it, we can go to conferences and sit at the side of people from different denominations and have happy fellowship together and then when we get back home, we sink back into our old denominational bunker, not talking to and certainly not helping struggling churches, especially if they aren't part of our particular denomination.

I wish to put something before the body of Christ, this is something the Lord laid on my heart over FIVE years ago and it still burns brightly. If you live in a street/road, and there are 4 other Christians who also live on that street, but don't go to the same church as you. Why don't you get together with them, and pray together, claim your street for Jesus? Distribute literature to every house on that street, hold a barbecue and invite everyone, show them that believers have real unity, real love. It will serve a dual purpose, it will bring the believers closer together, but it would evangelize the Lost in a caring and effective way...AMEN. Now I know lots of you are very busy, I am not suggesting you meet every week, but maybe every 2-3 months.. please give this careful consideration.

The Lord is not interested in denominations, he will not ask you what Church you went too, but how many people you touched with his love.

Let me finish with a question.

Imagine you are a member of a Baptist church and one night your doorbell rings and standing there is a couple, who are totally destitute. Are you going to ask them if they are members of your denomination or your church or are you going to give them food?. Remember that we entertain angels without knowing it, if we turn away anyone who comes to us , that is like turning away Jesus himself.

The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25 should shake us to our foundation.. if it doesn't then there is something wrong with our so called Christianity.

Matthew 25

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
4 6 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Now I am not saying that works win you salvation, bu they are the evidence of salvation. How can you tell a Christian, well he/she has a heart of love and compassion, like His Saviour, he/she doesn't count the cost, he doesn't worry if people reject Him, he/she will love everyone and anyone.. whatever the cost.. for love does cost.. amen

James says that Faith without works is dead and that works without faith is dead.

Please read James 2:13-26

Let us live our brothers and sisters with pure love, because if the world sees this, it will take notice. Truly they will know we are Christians by our love, not by our denominational groupings.

Let us do as Paul says in Galatians 6:10.. note he doesn't say 'do good to the members of your denomination'.. amen?

Let us live in unity and love the brethren like never before.. together working in co-operation with God and each other.. we can change the world. The early Christians in Acts 17, were the people who were said to have turned the world upside down, may they be our example.. amen.

May we be the ones who turn the world upside down for Jesus.. let's get to it church

God bless you

Keith

Please read the featured page, which is called Burden Sharers. We have talked about helping others, but here on this page are real needs of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Maybe you can meet them, even if you can't you can share them with others who can and also pray. Or you can write to the people in need encouraging them. If one person in the body of Christ hurts, then everyone else does.. amen. It is time to start living like we actually love and care for each other.. amen

Burden Sharers

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... rs?cr=4&...

Many Christians are in real need. This is a place for people to share their needs and for people who are able to help by either giving or praying can come and share. If you are sharing a need then please leave your contact details
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word