To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is wonderful to share with you again. Please share these devotions with your friends and please read the featured page at the bottom of this e-mail

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Colossians 1

12 Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the [l]portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God's holy people) in the Light.
13 [The Father] has delivered and [m]drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son [n]of His love,
14 In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.

I love these verses, they are just so awesome. Let us just concentrate on verse 13

Look at what the Father has done for us in salvation. Isn't this the most amazing thing.

First of all, He has delivered us and drawn us to Himself. God's dearest and deepest wish has always been for people to have a deep relationship with himself.

Salvation is indeed the greatest do it yourself act ever done. It was done by God to bring sinful mankind back into relationship with Himself. we were not capable of reaching up to God, but he was willing through His precious Son to do it for us.

We Have been transferred from one kingdom to another, from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of Light. And the transfer fee was the life of His precious and beloved Son.. Jesus.

Believer, next time you are down and in despair, please realise what it cost the Father and His precious Son to redeem us.

Look what it does for us, it transfers us, it transforms us.
Salvation from sin is your greatest possession.. it should be your greatest treasure

May we rejoice in what God has done for us.. amen

Devotion 2

Psalm 34

15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the [uncompromisingly] righteous and His ears are open to their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.(D)

What a glorious promise these words are to the believer.. amen

God is aware of what is happening believer in your life. He misses nothing, he sees and hears everything that is done and said against his people.

I love that the psalmist uses the Phrase.. the uncompromisingly righteous.

We must never compromise our faith, whatever suffering and persecution we are going through.. why?

Because God sees it all and hears it all and is listening for your cry and He promises not only to hear your cry, but to deal with your enemies.

Has God heard your cry believer? If not isn't it about time he did?

God Bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"I will be their God." – Jeremiah 31:33

Christian! here is all thou canst require. To make thee happy thou wantest something that shall satisfy thee; and is not this enough? If thou canst pour this promise into thy cup, wilt thou not say, with David, "My cup runneth over; I have more than heart can wish"? When this is fulfilled, "I am thy God", art thou not possessor of all things? Desire is insatiable as death, but he who filleth all in all can fill it. The capacity of our wishes who can measure? but the immeasurable wealth of God can more than overflow it. I ask thee if thou art not complete when God is thine? Dost thou want anything but God? Is not his all-sufficiency enough to satisfy thee if all else should fail? But thou wantest more than quiet satisfaction; thou desirest rapturous delight. Come, soul, here is music fit for heaven in this thy portion, for God is the Maker of Heaven. Not all the music blown from sweet instruments, or drawn from living strings, can yield such melody as this sweet promise, "I will be their God." Here is a deep sea of bliss, a shoreless ocean of delight; come, bathe thy spirit in it; swim an age, and thou shalt find no shore; dive throughout eternity, and thou shalt find no bottom. "I will be their God." If this do not make thine eyes sparkle, and thy heart beat high with bliss, then assuredly thy soul is not in a healthy state. But thou wantest more than present delights-thou cravest something concerning which thou mayest exercise hope; and what more canst thou hope for than the fulfilment of this great promise, "I will be their God"? This is the masterpiece of all the promises; its enjoyment makes a heaven below, and will make a heaven above. Dwell in the light of thy Lord, and let thy soul be always ravished with his love. Get out the marrow and fatness which this portion yields thee. Live up to thy privileges, and rejoice with unspeakable joy.

PM

"A man greatly beloved." – Daniel 10:11

Child of God, do you hesitate to appropriate this title? Ah! has your unbelief made you forget that you are greatly beloved too? Must you not have been greatly beloved, to have been bought with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot? When God smote his only begotten Son for you, what was this but being greatly beloved? You lived in sin, and rioted in it, must you not have been greatly beloved for God to have borne so patiently with you? You were called by grace and led to a Saviour, and made a child of God and an heir of heaven. All this proves, does it not, a very great and superabounding love? Since that time, whether your path has been rough with troubles, or smooth with mercies, it has been full of proofs that you are a man greatly beloved. If the Lord has chastened you, yet not in anger; if he has made you poor, yet in grace you have been rich. The more unworthy you feel yourself to be, the more evidence have you that nothing but unspeakable love could have led the Lord Jesus to save such a soul as yours. The more demerit you feel, the clearer is the display of the abounding love of God in having chosen you, and called you, and made you an heir of bliss. Now, if there be such love between God and us let us live in the influence and sweetness of it, and use the privilege of our position. Do not let us approach our Lord as though we were strangers, or as though he were unwilling to hear us-for we are greatly beloved by our loving Father. "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" Come boldly, O believer, for despite the whisperings of Satan and the doubtings of thine own heart, thou art greatly beloved. Meditate on the exceeding greatness and faithfulness of divine love this evening, and so go to thy bed in peace.

Thanks for taking time to read the devotions. The featured page is called Bible studies. It has two excellent bible studies on Psalms along with links to aids to bible study. Please be blessed as you take time to read these studies, they have questions to answer at the end of each study. Please search the scriptures. The Bible is God's gold mine to us, it is full of nuggets of Gold. Let me ask you is there a sign on your own personal gold mine.. the word of God.. that says NOT USED. If you had a gold mine, wouldn't you try and dig the gold.. so why don't we do it with the bible. How much time have you spent not just reading the bible but studying it this week?

Please click the Link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word