To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture Bible Study

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture Bible Study

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is a joy to share with you. Please share this study with all your friends

PROVERBS 15

Proverbs is just a wonderful book, full of precious nuggets of wisdom, that are timeless. That is not because Solomon wrote them, but Solomon was showed them by God and he is sharing them with us. Let us stop and walk through this chapter and see how it applied to us in this modern day. It has a lot to say to us and I will be just be thinking about a few verses here, but I encourage you to read and study it for yourself.

It has a lot to say about the tongue and also about our heart. So grab yourself a cup of coffee/tea and a cake and let's walk through this chapter.

OK coffee/tea made and cake at the ready.. let's go

Verses 1 and 18b

Many arguments are caused not by what we speak, but by how we say things and here Solomon states that a soft answer turns away wrath. Paul says in the New Testament in Philippians 4:5...let your gentleness be known to all men. Are we known by our gentle answers?. When faced with a tough situation, is our response to fan the flames or to put them out by our words?

Verses 2 and 7

We can have knowledge in abundance, but it is how we use it that matters.. amen. We can know all scripture.. be highly educated and have lots of learning, but we can be lacking in love. Then all the knowledge is useless. that is why in 2 Peter 1, we are told to:

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Knowledge is great, but it must be built upon, other things will need to be built onto it. How are you using your knowledge?. Are you using it to build godliness?

Verse 4

The tongue can be used to bring succour to people. It can be used to help people, to encourage them. Or it can be used as battering ram to destroy people and their whole view of themselves. In Revelation 22:2, it says that in heaven, there is a tree of life for the healing of the nations. Is your/my tongue bringing healing or is it bringing pain and sickness upon it's hearers.

Verses 13 and 15b

We need to have Godly laughter in our lives. I truly believe that God has the best sense of humour in the world, well he did choose us.. didn't he!. I can imagine the times during the three years Jesus had with his disciples that there were times of great hilarity, and I expect Jesus joined in that fun and Godly hilarity. It must of course be balanced, we must never be laughing at someone, but with them.

Verse 23

What a wonderful verse this is. Can I ask you this. Does what you say bring you joy? It not only brings him Joy, but will bring joy unto all those it is spoken to. Note that the words he speaks are spoken in season, that are the right words for the right time. The Man/Woman of God speaks the appropriate words at the correct time.

Verse 28
We must take time to answer people, we must be studied in our response to people. We must be careful to bridle our tongue. James chapter 3 says strong words on this subject, which I will leave you to read and study at your leisure

Verse 29

God answers the prayer of the righteous, what a wonderful promise for the believer. We can be heard by the Lord, but there is one pre-requisite and that is that we are righteous. Yes I know we have the righteousness of Christ, but are our hearts, lives and tongues, righteous before our Lord. Psalm 24 says that those who approach God, must have:

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

As you study and seek God may you have all the above

God bless you my friends

Keith

Please read the featured page on the site, which is Merry Heart. This is the fun page. May you be blessed as you read it. Click link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word