To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

FaithWriters For Kids

Stop here to see any important announcements regarding FaithWriters.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne

slindsay

FaithWriters For Kids

Postby slindsay » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Just want to let everyone know that FaithWriters For Kids is now ready for testing. It is open and anyone can join but it is really in beta testing. Please feel free to tell all your kids and help them become familiar with the new section. You can access it at the link below:

http://kids.faithwriters.com/

God Bless,
Scott Lindsay

Benji
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Benji » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Scott,

I've had a few teacher friends asking me about when this was going to be a reality - love the look of the site - when fully fuctional I'll be recommending it to a few teachers.

Thanks for all you're doing to make FW such a great place for writers of all ages. :D
Benjamin Stephens
<i>"Whenever beating a bat, you should use a tennis racket ." -- Darlene Hight</i>

My profile http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=13062

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:31 pm

This is so awesome! It'll be a little while before my two will be ready to jump in, but in the meantime - YEAH for those who get to enjoy it :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

MichaelAubrecht

Postby MichaelAubrecht » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:50 pm

That looks outstanding.
A GREAT effort by all involved!
"If you desire to be more heavenly minded, think more of the things of Heaven, and less of the things of Earth." - General Thomas Jackson
http://www.pinstripepress.net

Pat

Postby Pat » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:57 pm

Looks good Scott - sent it on to my grandson!

slindsay

Postby slindsay » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:31 pm

This is fully functional. I only meant beta iin the sense that we want feedback if any problems arise.

Scott

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:45 pm

I've told my daughter, who teaches 5th grade at a Christian school. I think there could be some great assignment potential there--and kids just love to see their works published!
Jan Ackerson

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Yay! This is so exciting!

A couple of questions: Will the weekly topics be the same as ours, or different ones? Can you make it so we regular FWers can comment on the kids' work without having to sign up for a kid's account?

You know what would be a cool idea? What if there was an option to team up a child with an adult writer as a mentor? The adult writer could help with writing styles and all sort of things, and the adult, I'm sure, would benifit from the great imagination of the kids. :)

Amy
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

KarenE

Postby KarenE » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:18 pm

I agree with Amy, that it would be great if regular FW members could comment on the children's work - maybe signing up as an adult member who is only able to comment but not submit articles???

Also, on the front page, in the pink section marked, 'You can' - it may be easier to read by putting the categories in point form with bullets as in the yellow panel. Just an idea... :D

Also, it may help including the actual topic for the week and the suggestions for the weekly topic on the front page - as I could only find it when I clicked for submitting the weekly topic.

Love, :)
Karen Elengikal - K3

Heaven Scent
Kidz Battle Zone
Godinspired PhotoArt
Website Design
My FW Profile

Soaking in the GLORY - Releasing the FIRE!

Daydreamer
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Location: Back in the woods in a log cabin somewhere in Texas

Postby Daydreamer » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:41 pm

I like the idea of mentoring. But perhaps only from FW's who have been here awhile and are known...ya know? There should be a criteria for being eligible to "mentor" one of the kids. Just think we need to be really careful about exposing our kiddos to someone we don't really know. Just today, for instance, I was reading some posts from someone who is fairly new to the board..and, in my opinion, needs professional help...if not deliverance. Ok...my 2cents worth... :wink: Kate~
Kate~

"...out of the heart flow the wellsprings of life"
Proverbs 4:23
See what's springing up from Kate's heart today at www.Kate-Wells.com

My Challenge Articles

kspil

Postby kspil » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:45 pm

I like the concept and my kids are ready to jump right in. I will probably make the challenge part of school, but they are eager to join. I put my daughter into the system, but I couldn't get my son in. I tried to sign him up but it always came as my daughter's name. I'd like for them to have separate accounts so they both can submit. Am I doing something wrong?
Anyway it looks like fun and I'll be anxious to see what happens with it.

kspil

Postby kspil » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:50 pm

Never mind. I just logged out my daughter and logged in my son and it was fine. Friendship, what a good topic to start with. Now does the challenge begin for next week or was it last weeks, since it is Friday?

KarenE

Postby KarenE » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:02 pm

kspil wrote:I like the concept and my kids are ready to jump right in. I will probably make the challenge part of school, but they are eager to join. I put my daughter into the system, but I couldn't get my son in. I tried to sign him up but it always came as my daughter's name. I'd like for them to have separate accounts so they both can submit. Am I doing something wrong?
Anyway it looks like fun and I'll be anxious to see what happens with it.

I had that problem, then I realised that I hadn't signed out my previous child. :D

Love,
Karen Elengikal - K3

Heaven Scent
Kidz Battle Zone
Godinspired PhotoArt
Website Design
My FW Profile

Soaking in the GLORY - Releasing the FIRE!

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:55 am

That is a cool idea!

Sparrow wrote:

You know what would be a cool idea? What if there was an option to team up a child with an adult writer as a mentor? The adult writer could help with writing styles and all sort of things, and the adult, I'm sure, would benifit from the great imagination of the kids. :)

Amy
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:24 am

Daydreamer wrote:There should be a criteria for being eligible to "mentor" one of the kids.

Yes! And of course the parents would have to okay the match, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Next

Return to Important Announcements from FaithWriters