Highest Ranked Entries for TWILIGHT YEARS

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

exchangedlife
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Good entries

Post by exchangedlife »

I think I saw the number pushing past the 190s and there were a lot of good entries this week. Nice competition on good stories. I think mine held up the bottom, but it was an interesting experience.
Eddie Snipes
http://www.eddiesnipes.com
Author of I Called Him Dancer
Author of Simple Faith
Author of The Promise of a Sound Mind
Wrider
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Wrider »

Congratulations, all!!!
Rachel B
my site: www.rachelburkum.com
graphic design: www.serioussolutions.org
Lakota
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Lakota »

Congratulations to all!

I love the challenge and how it pushes me to hone my writing skills. I especially love the red ink. When others tell me how I can improve I find it to be such an encouragement to rise to the task and become better.

Thank you FaithWriters for being here to encourage all who come.

luv & a big hug,
Naye
Proud to be a FaithWriters 500 member!
Come join us at FaithWriters Are Losing It!

"If self-control is the fruit of the Spirit, and I have the Holy Spirit inside me, then I have self-control."-quote from Leah

Image. .Image
jake70
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Wow, finally!

Post by jake70 »

I am amazed that I finally made it to the top ten! Granted, I came in 9th in the beginners category, but at least this means that my writing is improving. Each week I think I have written something great, and then when I look at the others in category 1, I see that I have a long way to go before I show, place, or win. You are all so great! I am humbled before you.
Thank you judges. The Lord has given me hope for my writing.
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Congratulations Jake! :D
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

CatLin
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by CatLin »

Grinning and happy dancin' for my friends!
Congratulations!
:D :D :D
Cat
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)
mattzink
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

wow

Post by mattzink »

exciting and humbling :oops: my first submission to the challenge. Of course, I submitted to L1 for 'Summer' before I knew I had placed, so guess I'm in violation of the submission rules now :) no worries..keep writing!
South-paw-Scribbler
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: wow

Post by South-paw-Scribbler »

mattzink wrote:exciting and humbling :oops: my first submission to the challenge. Of course, I submitted to L1 for 'Summer' before I knew I had placed, so guess I'm in violation of the submission rules now :) no worries..keep writing!
No you're not. you couldn't possibly have known, glad to see you moving up :mrgreen:
Karlene :book2

Thanking God every day for you.,
Karls
Book & Film reviews, devotionals, etc...
Undaunted Devotion
Helping my fiction friends find their Legacy

Deb Porter

Re: wow

Post by Deb Porter »

mattzink wrote:exciting and humbling :oops: my first submission to the challenge. Of course, I submitted to L1 for 'Summer' before I knew I had placed, so guess I'm in violation of the submission rules now :) no worries..keep writing!
Hi Matt. No, you aren't in violation of the rules. There are always two weeks from the time a topic is announced and the time the winners are announced. So it's impossible for people to know if they've placed when entering for the topic that falls in the middle of that time. So it's completely normal for winners to submit to the same level. No problem at all. :D

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

ThreeDee
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by ThreeDee »

Congrats to all on this list... and to all who put something in. Some weeks that is seriously an achievement all on its own! Least for me anyhow... :?

Just want to shout out for Karlene. I was looking for yours, knew it would be on there!! Congrats you.

And to all of the familiar, lovely names and the as-yet-unfamiliar-but-soon-to-be-close-to-my-heart names (whew, that was a long one) a loud CHEERS!

Di Dart
laura4336
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

FaithWriters.com - Weekly Results & Highest Rankings

Post by laura4336 »

A comment and a question.

First, the question: What is considered "red" ink? I am assuming it is a more involved critique of a Challenge entry. How does one get a more indepth review?

Secondly - comment: To the gentleman (sorry I cannot remember his name now) who was disappointed in not doing well in the Challenge writings of late. My first entry in the Empty and Full came in 11th; the way I felt, it was like I had won first place. But - for the "Twilight Years of Life," it was as though I wasn't even on the chart. But, I picked myself up and entered the "Summer" Challenge. Now, that was a little unnerving since, until the "All Clear" was declared, I had received about 20 views but absolutely no comments. I still have only received three comments, but that's okay. I think the key word here is "challenge." I have never written where I had a deadline and someone was telling me what to write about. I think I have probably grown more in the couple of months I've been at FW's than I ever thought possible. Except for some stories I write about a talking toad, I have never written short stories. My genre has always been poetry. No matter what I write, I try to give all the praise and glory to my Lord and Saviour and in that respect, I believe I can't go wrong.

Probably sounds like I'm preaching, but please know that I have been somewhat disappointed since I did so well on my first entry. It WILL happen! Hang in there! Each time you enter, you grow! I know I'm talking in circles and someone else could probably say what I've just said in a sentence, but I just want to encourage this gentleman to - DON'T GIVE UP! Respectfully, Laura
OldManRivers
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

An Apology to Deb and the Faithwriters Community

Post by OldManRivers »

Dear Deb,

I want to make this public apology for the tone of some of my recent replies to the Weekly Challenge. It has become evident that they came across far more harshly than I had intended.

There are times that my emotional struggles get the better of me. I and the Lord are always at work with these needs.

I want all to know how much I cherish the Christian fellowship of this lovely and loving site so filled with grace. And I specially hold you, Deb, in high regard.

As I move forward I vow to you and the members of the FaithWriters community that I will, with the Lord's help, seek to do better.

So again, I ask for your grace.

In Christ,

jim mcwhinnie
May God's gentle grace be with you.

Jim McWhinnie

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”