To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion.. chance to sign up

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion.. chance to sign up

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:06 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great joy to share with you again. Please view the home page of my website. If English is not your first language, then click on the bable translation tool , to see the site in French, Spanish, Italian and several other languages. This facility is located on the homepage of my site, the link for which is below

www.faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo.com

Below is the latest Noonday Devotion. I hope you are blessed by it. I have a Bravenet mailing list and would like you very much to be on it. You can be on it, but there are only 500 spaces so space is limited. If you would like to be on it and receive what I share such as Noonday Devotion, Simply Scripture Bible Study and Prayer Focus, then please follow the following instructions.

1. Go to the home page of the site, link is above
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the home page, until you come to a box with Bravenet on it.
3. Place your name and e-mail in the 2 boxes provided
4. Click Subscribe
5. You will almost immediately receive an e-mail with a link to click from Bravenet. Please be careful.. it may go to junk
6. Click the link you receive and then you will receive a welcome message.. you will then be subscribed

Please share this message with all your friends

Thanks

Keith

Devotion 1

Judges 16

16 And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;
17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

18 And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.

19 And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.

20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

21 But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.

SAMSON.. famed for his strength. He has so much to teach us and it is a real warning to us. Let me share what the Lord has showed me.

In verse 16, Delilah pestered Samson constantly about his strength. Joseph was another one of God's servants to be spoken to daily by a woman seeking to lead him astray, but one fell and one didn't. One of them had his mind focused purely on God and one took his eyes off God. Which one are you believer?

We have to be aware that although we live in the world, we are not off the world. The world is not our home and so we must be careful with our mouths that we don't open up too much. Samson told Delilah everything, he gave away his heart. Let us as believers be careful what we say at all times.

How often do we do as Samson did in verse 20. We shake ourselves and think well yesterday I had a really Good day. God was with me yesterday, but if we are harbouring some sin and we are unaware that God has withdrawn from us. A new day needs new cleansing, a new day needs a fresh touch of God's anointing. We can't look back at what happened yesterday and rely on that. We have to seek God daily and to die to self daily.

Maybe you haven't realised that God has withdrawn himself from you because of some sin in your life.. isn't it time you gave yourself a good shaking?. The only way to shake yourself properly is to look into the Mirror of God's Word and to fear God in reverence, because then we will have an appreciation of how Glorious and Awesome God is

Look what Happened to Samson.. his eyes were put out.. how awful was that? Even before physical harm had come to him, his spiritual eyes had been put out. Have your Spiritual eyes been put out? verse 21

Look where he ended up, grinding in the prison house. This is the place where the christian ends up, when he is living in compromise and sin.. he ends up living a life shackled by sin.

My brothers and sisters.. I hope none of us, ever end up grinding in the prison house like Samson. Yes he destroyed his enemies, but ultimately lost his Life.

Sin brings defeat.. don't let sin.. put out your spiritual eyes and damper your fervour for Christ

Samson is a warning.. amen

Devotion 2

Hosea 4

15 Though thou, Israel, play the harlot, yet let not Judah offend; and come not ye unto Gilgal, neither go ye up to Bethaven, nor swear, The LORD liveth.

We always want to compare the Church with the Children of Israel and so it is.

The Lord continually through the Old Testament tells His people that they have deserted Him, they have gone after other Gods, they have put other things before Him.

Can I ask my/yourself these questions

Have I/you deserted God to chase after our own dreams?
Have I/you put other things before Him?

God is righteously jealous.. he demands and has to have first place in our lives.. HAS HE?

Hosea was told to marry a prostitute to illustrate the unfaithfulness of the children of Israel and the total faithfulness of God.

These are strong words my friends

Have we been unfaithful to God?

I am sharing what God wants me to share.. God demands his children to walk in Holiness. He expects nothing less from us, this is not an option.. but a direct command

Isaiah 35:8 (King James Version)

8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Are you walking that Highway of Holiness or are you putting others things before God. Be very careful church.. God is not pleased that his church is playing the harlot and being unfaithful to God.. amen

He is also angry at individual Christians playing the harlot.. chasing after things that distract them for the only task that matters.. Loving and Serving God

Are you playing the harlot believer.. have you another love apart from God himself?

If we have and I speak to myself first, it needs to be ditched and got rid of.. pronto

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"There is laid up for me a crown of righteousness." – II Timothy 4:8

Doubting one! thou hast often said, "I fear I shall never enter heaven." Fear not! all the people of God shall enter there. I love the quaint saying of a dying man, who exclaimed, "I have no fear of going home; I have sent all before me; God’s finger is on the latch of my door, and I am ready for him to enter." "But," said one, "are you not afraid lest you should miss your inheritance?" "Nay," said he, "nay; there is one crown in heaven which the angel Gabriel could not wear, it will fit no head but mine. There is one throne in heaven which Paul the apostle could not fill; it was made for me, and I shall have it." O Christian, what a joyous thought! thy portion is secure; "there remaineth a rest." "But cannot I forfeit it?" No, it is entailed. If I be a child of God I shall not lose it. It is mine as securely as if I were there. Come with me, believer, and let us sit upon the top of Nebo, and view the goodly land, even Canaan. Seest thou that little river of death glistening in the sunlight, and across it dost thou see the pinnacles of the eternal city? Dost thou mark the pleasant country, and all its joyous inhabitants? Know, then, that if thou couldst fly across thou wouldst see written upon one of its many mansions, "This remaineth for such a one; preserved for him only. He shall be caught up to dwell for ever with God." Poor doubting one, see the fair inheritance; it is thine. If thou believest in the Lord Jesus, if thou hast repented of sin, if thou hast been renewed in heart, thou art one of the Lord’s people, and there is a place reserved for thee, a crown laid up for thee, a harp specially provided for thee. No one else shall have thy portion, it is reserved in heaven for thee, and thou shalt have it ere long, for there shall be no vacant thrones in glory when all the chosen are gathered in.

PM

"Abide in me." – John 15:4

Communion with Christ is a certain cure for every ill. Whether it be the wormwood of woe, or the cloying surfeit of earthly delight, close fellowship with the Lord Jesus will take bitterness from the one, and satiety from the other. Live near to Jesus, Christian, and it is a matter of secondary importance whether thou livest on the mountain of honour or in the valley of humiliation. Living near to Jesus, thou art covered with the wings of God, and underneath thee are the everlasting arms. Let nothing keep thee from that hallowed intercourse, which is the choice privilege of a soul wedded to THE WELL-BELOVED. Be not content with an interview now and then, but seek always to retain his company, for only in his presence hast thou either comfort or safety. Jesus should not be unto us a friend who calls upon us now and then, but one with whom we walk evermore. Thou hast a difficult road before thee: see, O traveller to heaven, that thou go not without thy guide. Thou hast to pass through the fiery furnace; enter it not unless, like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, thou hast the Son of God to be thy companion. Thou hast to storm the Jericho of thine own corruptions: attempt not the warfare until, like Joshua, thou hast seen the Captain of the Lord’s host, with his sword drawn in his hand. Thou art to meet the Esau of thy many temptations: meet him not until at Jabbok’s brook thou hast laid hold upon the angel, and prevailed. In every case, in every condition, thou wilt need Jesus; but most of all, when the iron gates of death shall open to thee. Keep thou close to thy soul’s Husband, lean thy head upon his bosom, ask to be refreshed with the spiced wine of his pomegranate, and thou shalt be found of him at the last, without spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing. Seeing thou hast lived with him, and lived in him here, thou shalt abide with him for ever.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word