To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion.. Please click link

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion.. Please click link

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a joy to share with you again. Please view the featured page, which is called Young at Heart . It is aimed at people of a more mature age.. like me.. well old like me to be honest, but it does have revelance to people of all ages. Please read the articles and share them with your friends

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... r=4&link...
Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Hebrews 10

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

These are my favourite verses in all scripture. They speak of something quite incredible.

All through the Old testament, the High Priest had to enter the Holy of Holies once a year and then only after observing a whole series of rules and regulations. He had to come and offer the blood of a pure and spotless lamb as atonement for the sins of the people. But here we are told that we can be bold and are free to enter that holy place. How can this be?

It is all because of the Precious blood of the One spotless person who ever lived on this earth.. Jesus the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.. amen. The veil of the temple was large, it was 10 feet high and over 3 feet thick. But it was ripped in two, because access was now granted to sinners who claimed forgiveness through the precious blood of the Lamb.

Ever time, I read these verses, it just amazes me, what Jesus has done for us. Let us all meditate on what he has done for us and rejoice.

Let us also draw near to God and know that we are saved and redeemed by a new and living way.. how wonderful is that!!!

Devotion 2

Psalm 145

10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11 They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

I was sitting outside recently and heard a little bird singing happily to itself.

As I Heard it, I though.. wow that little bird is praising God. It is giving voice unto the one who gave it a voice. Whether it is a mighty whale or tiny bird, everything that has breath is praising the Lord

They are speaking of the majesty and power of the creator God.. the one who keeps the world spinning. The One who uses it as his footstool

They are also doing this to remind us, what God has done in his act of his creation. The natural world is one of the greatest evidences of God's creative power.. amen

The whole creation is saying.. look I have a creator isn't he awesome. Are you saying the same?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

He hath said." - Hebrews 13:5

If we can only grasp these words by faith, we have an all-conquering weapon in our hand. What doubt will not be slain by this two-edged sword? What fear is there which shall not fall smitten with a deadly wound before this arrow from the bow of God’s covenant? Will not the distresses of life and the pangs of death; will not the corruptions within, and the snares without; will not the trials from above, and the temptations from beneath, all seem but light afflictions, when we can hide ourselves beneath the bulwark of "He hath said"? Yes; whether for delight in our quietude, or for strength in our conflict, "He hath said" must be our daily resort. And this may teach us the extreme value of searching the Scriptures. There may be a promise in the Word which would exactly fit your case, but you may not know of it, and therefore you miss its comfort. You are like prisoners in a dungeon, and there may be one key in the bunch which would unlock the door, and you might be free; but if you will not look for it, you may remain a prisoner still, though liberty is so near at hand. There may be a potent medicine in the great pharmacopoeia of Scripture, and you may yet continue sick unless you will examine and search the Scriptures to discover what "He hath said." Should you not, besides reading the Bible, store your memories richly with the promises of God? You can recollect the sayings of great men; you treasure up the verses of renowned poets; ought you not to be profound in your knowledge of the words of God, so that you may be able to quote them readily when you would solve a difficulty, or overthrow a doubt? Since "He hath said" is the source of all wisdom, and the fountain of all comfort, let it dwell in you richly, as "A well of water, springing up unto everlasting life." So shall you grow healthy, strong, and happy in the divine life.

PM

"Now we have received ... the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." – I Corinthians 2:12

Dear reader, have you received the spirit which is of God, wrought by the Holy Ghost in your soul? The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart may be clearly seen from this fact, that all which has been done by God the Father, and by God the Son, must be ineffectual to us, unless the Spirit shall reveal these things to our souls. What effect does the doctrine of election have upon any man until the Spirit of God enters into him? Election is a dead letter in my consciousness until the Spirit of God calls me out of darkness into marvellous light. Then through my calling, I see my election, and knowing myself to be called of God, I know myself to have been chosen in the eternal purpose. A covenant was made with the Lord Jesus Christ, by his Father; but what avails that covenant to us until the Holy Spirit brings us its blessings, and opens our hearts to receive them? There hang the blessings on the nail-Christ Jesus; but being short of stature, we cannot reach them; the Spirit of God takes them down and hands them to us, and thus they become actually ours. Covenant blessings in themselves are like the manna in the skies, far out of mortal reach, but the Spirit of God opens the windows of heaven and scatters the living bread around the camp of the spiritual Israel. Christ’s finished work is like wine stored in the wine-vat; through unbelief we can neither draw nor drink. The Holy Spirit dips our vessel into this precious wine, and then we drink; but without the Spirit we are as truly dead in sin as though the Father never had elected, and though the Son had never bought us with his blood. The Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary to our well-being. Let us walk lovingly towards him and tremble at the thought of grieving him.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word