To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Christ is the only way, biblical evidence.

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Song of Mercy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Christ is the only way, biblical evidence.

Postby Song of Mercy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:42 am

I heard an amazing message yesterday at church. The pastor commented on the reality that even Christ had doubts about the need for the Cross. He referred to matt 26:39, "and going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup pass from me...

Christ was asking the Father if there might be another way.

We know the answer, Christ was crucified for the world. If there had been another way God would have never allowed His son to suffer such anguish.

I realized as I heard the message that sincerity alone will not cause salvation, therefore, it is imperative as the physical representation of Christ in this age we must stay salted and not fall for the idea that all religeons will find there way to heaven by sincerity of committment or belief.

Powerful in my thinking
Success is a Journey,

Song of Mercy

www.songofmercy.org

VirgilY
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby VirgilY » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Hebrews 4:7 speaks of Jesus' vehement cries and tears as he faced the cross. Only recently did verse 8 capture my attention. In the NKJ it states "...though He was a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which He suffered." Did you catch that? Jesus learned obedience! It must have the human side of him since He was in all things tempted as we are.

Later, on the road to Emmaeus Jesus said, speaking of His crucification, "Ought not Christ to have been crucified and to enter into His glory." I did not look this quote up but I think that is an accurate rememberence. Simply put, God did not honor his prayer for deliverence because the cross was the only way to provide for the sin debt of man to be paid.

Sometimes when God does not deliver us from something we might be praying about, it just could be he is teaching us obedience and He has something much better in mind for us.

Return to Encouragement from the Word