To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri May 15, 2009 6:30 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great privilege to share with you again. Please view the featured page, which is called Watch Out. instructions for the soldier of Christ as he battles against the enemy of his soul. Please click Link below

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

Devotion 1

Exodus 24:17
And the sight of the glory of the Lord was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel

What if the Glory of the Lord appeared to us? What would be our reaction to it?. Would we say that it was some kind of natural occurrence, or some type of sign, or would we say that this is the power of our Living God in evidence?
The children of Israel, saw it as a devouring fire. We are told in the New Testament that our God is a consuming fire. Note a consuming fire, when he burns something, nothing is left. Let us not just see God as love and mercy, but let's be balanced and have a healthy reverential fear of Him, because if his glory at the top of the mount was scary. What is it like to fall into the hands of the Living God?
Let us live with the Reverential fear of God in our hearts, because if we do, then we will be less likely to sin and also see the need of the people who are not yet saved to know Jesus. Let us carry the gospel to all nations and at all times.
Believer God is love and He is your Father. But he is absolutely awesome, glorious in majesty and the one who has created this world and all that is in it and keeps it going.
Moses who talked to God face to face, was not allowed to see God's face. he had to be hid in a cleft in the rock, as God's glory passed by Him. This is so awesome, the glory of God is just so amazing. It says that heaven will have no need of light as the Father and Son, will light it up.
One day we will see the Father, we look at the most beautiful face ever.. we will see God in all his Glory
As Keith Green put it:
Oh Lord your beautiful. Your face is all I seek
Is that your desire believer?
If Not why Not?

Devotion 2
2 Samuel 11:2,3

2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.
3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?

We will read it in the first of Spurgeon's devotions, that David enquired of the Lord. So why didn't he enquire of the Lord here?
Probably because David wasn't in the place he should of been.. amen?
When we aren't at the place, that we should be with God. Then we are more liable to fall into sin and to leave ourselves wide open to temptation.
David was a king, and so he had probably faced this temptation before, but victory in the past, was no defence to Him. Whatever victories we have had in the past, this will not guarantee victory in the future. We have to continually die to self and to crucify the flesh daily to continually be victorious.. amen
These verses should act as a warning to us. David knew exactly who Bathsheba was and still he went and enquired after her.
How often do we know that something is wrong for us to do. But we still enquire after it?
We fall into sin so often, because we basically make the wrong choices, we know the right thing to do, but we don't do it.. amen
We need to feed on the word of God and pray at all times. Also we need to discipline our minds. David's sin, started with laziness, but continued with a look. then he took action.. this is the same for us.. inactivity brings laziness.. leads to us looking at things we shouldn't.. leads to us taking wrong actions.
Let us not be lazy in reading the word and prayer and serving God. Let us not be one of the ones who is walking the rooftops instead of fighting the enemy

God Bless you
Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgoen
AM

"And David enquired of the Lord." – II Samuel 5:23
When David made this enquiry he had just fought the Philistines, and gained a signal victory. The Philistines came up in great hosts, but, by the help of God, David had easily put them to flight. Note, however, that when they came a second time, David did not go up to fight them without enquiring of the Lord. Once he had been victorious, and he might have said, as many have in other cases, "I shall be victorious again; I may rest quite sure that if I have conquered once I shall triumph yet again. Wherefore should I tarry to seek at the Lord’s hands?" Not so, David. He had gained one battle by the strength of the Lord; he would not venture upon another until he had ensured the same. He enquired, "Shall I go up against them?" He waited until God’s sign was given. Learn from David to take no step without God. Christian, if thou wouldst know the path of duty, take God for thy compass; if thou wouldst steer thy ship through the dark billows, put the tiller into the hand of the Almighty. Many a rock might be escaped, if we would let our Father take the helm; many a shoal or quicksand we might well avoid, if we would leave to his sovereign will to choose and to command. The Puritan said, "As sure as ever a Christian carves for himself, he’ll cut his own fingers;" this is a great truth. Said another old divine, "He that goes before the cloud of God’s providence goes on a fool’s errand;" and so he does. We must mark God’s providence leading us; and if providence tarries, tarry till providence comes. He who goes before providence, will be very glad to run back again. "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go," is God’s promise to his people. Let us, then, take all our perplexities to him, and say, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" Leave not thy chamber this morning without enquiring of the Lord.

PM

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith." – Ephesians 3:17

Beyond measure it is desirable that we, as believers, should have the person of Jesus constantly before us, to inflame our love towards him, and to increase our knowledge of him. I would to God that my readers were all entered as diligent scholars in Jesus’ college, students of Corpus Christi, or the body of Christ, resolved to attain unto a good degree in the learning of the cross. But to have Jesus ever near, the heart must be full of him, welling up with his love, even to overrunning; hence the apostle prays "that Christ may dwell in your hearts." See how near he would have Jesus to be! You cannot get a subject closer to you than to have it in the heart itself. "That he may dwell"; not that he may call upon you sometimes, as a casual visitor enters into a house and tarries for a night, but that he may dwell; that Jesus may become the Lord and Tenant of your inmost being, never more to go out.
Observe the words-that he may dwell in your heart, that best room of the house of manhood; not in your thoughts alone, but in your affections; not merely in the mind’s meditations, but in the heart’s emotions. We should pant after love to Christ of a most abiding character, not a love that flames up and then dies out into the darkness of a few embers, but a constant flame, fed by sacred fuel, like the fire upon the altar which never went out. This cannot be accomplished except by faith. Faith must be strong, or love will not be fervent; the root of the flower must be healthy, or we cannot expect the bloom to be sweet. Faith is the lily’s root, and love is the lily’s bloom. Now, reader, Jesus cannot be in your heart’s love except you have a firm hold of him by your heart’s faith; and, therefore, pray that you may always trust Christ in order that you may always love him. If love be cold, be sure that faith is drooping.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word