To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:26 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Please feel free to share these devotions, with your friends. If you do not have English as your first language and you want to access the site, then please go to the homepage and click on the Babel Translation Tool on the homepage and you will be able to see the site in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian and Japanese

Website link

www.faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo.com

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Jeremiah 9

24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

What do you glory in believer?

The greatest thing in any believer's life is that he knows God personally .. amen?. Truly this is where we start.. because we have to know God in a personal way first and foremost and that is only through Faith in the finished work of Christ upon the cross.. it is God's grace working with our faith.

But we don't leave it there, we can and have to grow in our relationship with God. The more time we spend with someone, the more we understand them, and likewise it is the same with God. The more time we spend in God's presence in prayer etc, the more we come to an understanding of Who HE is and how He works. This is only done through the blessed revelation of the Holy Spirit.

We will never come to a full understanding of who God is, but one day we will. As believers, we have eternity with God to look forward to.. amen. We will live in the very glory of His presence.. are you excited yet?

Here in this verse, we have three attributes of God. They are:

Loving kindness.. meaning loyal love. You know believer, God's love never lets us go, it never let's us down, it is faithful and true

Judgement.. meaning justice. God is always fair and just in all his dealings with us.. in spite of what we think sometimes

Righteousness.. He is totally upright and Holy

The more time we spend getting to know God, then the more loving we become, our judgements will be according to His standards and the more like him we will become. 1 Peter 1:15-19 and Micah 6:8

Are you becoming more Like your Lord?. Are you delighting in being loving, just and upright in heart?

Devotion 2

Romans 7

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Ever wonder what is going on in your life sometimes? Me too.

I seek to do the right thing and end up doing the wrong thing. I try to say the right thing and end up, putting my foot in my mouth.

Why does this happen. Although we have a new nature and a new heart and spirit, placed inside of us, when we are saved. Our minds remain the same. I expect that the Lord, did not want to make it too easy for us, that is why he said we are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Romans 12:1-2

The mind truly is the battleground in our lives, I know it is in mine. My mind controls my thought life and that is where most sin starts, because what we put into our minds comes out of our mouths more often that not.

What is going on in our lives is a battle, it says in Galatians 5:

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would

So how do we win this battle. One of the ways is to take control, we see in 2 Corinthians 10, these verses

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

We have weapons that are spiritual, these include the Precious Word of God Hebrews 4:12, The Armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18, The name of Jesus Philippians 2:9-11 and the Blood of Jesus Revelation 12:11

The Spirit of God will have victory in your life, if you feed on the word of God and starve the old nature. But if you feed your mind with the things of the world, the Holy Spirit, will be frozen out.

Which one are you feeding today believer

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Sin ... exceeding sinful." – Romans 7:13

Beware of light thoughts of sin. At the time of conversion, the conscience is so tender, that we are afraid of the slightest sin. Young converts have a holy timidity, a godly fear lest they should offend against God. But alas! very soon the fine bloom upon these first ripe fruits is removed by the rough handling of the surrounding world: the sensitive plant of young piety turns into a willow in after life, too pliant, too easily yielding. It is sadly true, that even a Christian may grow by degrees so callous, that the sin which once startled him does not alarm him in the least. By degrees men get familiar with sin. The ear in which the cannon has been booming will not notice slight sounds. At first a little sin startles us; but soon we say, "Is it not a little one?" Then there comes another, larger, and then another, until by degrees we begin to regard sin as but a little ill; and then follows an unholy presumption: "We have not fallen into open sin. True, we tripped a little, but we stood upright in the main. We may have uttered one unholy word, but as for the most of our conversation, it has been consistent." So we palliate sin; we throw a cloak over it; we call it by dainty names. Christian, beware how thou thinkest lightly of sin. Take heed lest thou fall by little and little. Sin, a little thing? Is it not a poison? Who knows its deadliness? Sin, a little thing? Do not the little foxes spoil the grapes? Doth not the tiny coral insect build a rock which wrecks a navy? Do not little strokes fell lofty oaks? Will not continual droppings wear away stones? Sin, a little thing? It girded the Redeemer's head with thorns, and pierced his heart! It made him suffer anguish, bitterness, and woe. Could you weigh the least sin in the scales of eternity, you would fly from it as from a serpent, and abhor the least appearance of evil. Look upon all sin as that which crucified the Saviour, and you will see it to be "exceeding sinful."

PM

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king’s house." – II Samuel 11:2

At that hour David saw Bathsheba. We are never out of the reach of temptation. Both at home and abroad we are liable to meet with allurements to evil; the morning opens with peril, and the shades of evening find us still in jeopardy. They are well kept whom God keeps, but woe unto those who go forth into the world, or even dare to walk their own house unarmed. Those who think themselves secure are more exposed to danger than any others. The armour-bearer of Sin is Self-confidence.

David should have been engaged in fighting the Lord’s battles, instead of which he tarried at Jerusalem, and gave himself up to luxurious repose, for he arose from his bed at eventide. Idleness and luxury are the devil’s jackals, and find him abundant prey. In stagnant waters noxious creatures swarm, and neglected soil soon yields a dense tangle of weeds and briars. Oh for the constraining love of Jesus to keep us active and useful! When I see the King of Israel sluggishly leaving his couch at the close of the day, and falling at once into temptation, let me take warning, and set holy watchfulness to guard the door.

Is it possible that the king had mounted his housetop for retirement and devotion? If so, what a caution is given us to count no place, however secret, a sanctuary from sin! While our hearts are so like a tinder-box, and sparks so plentiful, we had need use all diligence in all places to prevent a blaze. Satan can climb housetops, and enter closets, and even if we could shut out that foul fiend, our own corruptions are enough to work our ruin unless grace prevent. Reader, beware of evening temptations. Be not secure. The sun is down but sin is up. We need a watchman for the night as well as a guardian for the day. O blessed Spirit, keep us from all evil this night. Amen.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Anniel

Postby Anniel » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:04 am

Keith, I confess to only having read the last paragraph, but I find the language a bit archaic, though you make your point well. If you want it to be accessible to a wider audience, perhaps non-Christians, could you consider making it sound less like the King James Version? Reading it out aloud may confirm this. Purely my own observation. Anne

totallylovedbygod

thanks

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 am

spurgeon is a 19th century preacher.. this is how he writes not me.. I do not apologise for using the KJV or using such a man of God as spurgeon

I only share what God lays on my heart

keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word