To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great joy to share with you. If you wish to receive these devotions on a regular basis, then please e-mail me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com.

Please share them with all your friends and Groups

Also the link below, takes you to the home page of my website. Please sign the guestmap and tell me where you are from and if you don't speak English as your first language, click on the bable translation tool and you can see the It in Spanish, Italian and various other languages. Please also scroll down the menu, there are over 45 pages here. Some of the pages you may like to visit include Prayer Requests, Praise Reports and Burden Sharers, where you can post requests and answer the needs of God's people

Be blessed

Keith

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo.com/?cr=4

Devotion 1

1 John 4

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
We have so many voices searching for our attention in the modern world and even in the modern church. The latest teaching comes to us and says that this revelation has been given to this and that person by God. So what is the plumb line of truth?

Here John gives us it:

It is the fact that Jesus Christ came in the flesh to sinful earth to redeem it.

This is what I believe

He did through coming through the miracle of the incarnation, his sinless life, His victorious sacrifice on the cross and his bodily Resurrection from the dead on the third day. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father after ascending into heaven and he ever makes intercession for us.

As for me, I will always say JESUS IS MY SAVIOUR AND LORD

When you read this column, you know that I stand on the truth of God's word, that is my commitment firstly to God and then to you My precious readers

Devotion 2

1 John 3

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

I wonder what is your response, when we receive requests from our brothers and sisters in trouble.?

I am reminded that we will have opportunity to help other believers. God will give us the chance to share with others. The things God gives us are meant to be shared. Here John says that if you have the opportunity to share and you don't.. then you are in disobedience. God is not interested in excuses.. such as ' they didn't come to my church' or 'they were baptists and I'm a Free Methodist'. Goodness me, I am sure no one has ever said things like that!!

We are told this in Hebrews 13:

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares

You really don't know who you are talking to do you? We will have some surprises when Get to heaven.. amen?

In Galatians 6 we are told this:

10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Note we are not told to just give and share to people in our own church and own denomination.

Are you a hoarder? Or are you a helper to the household of faith?

When have you blessed another believer and it has cost you sonmething.. either in material or financial terms?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon
AM

Friend, go up higher." – Luke 14:10

When first the life of grace begins in the soul, we do indeed draw near to God, but it is with great fear and trembling. The soul conscious of guilt, and humbled thereby, is overawed with the solemnity of its position; it is cast to the earth by a sense of the grandeur of Jehovah, in whose presence it stands. With unfeigned bashfulness it takes the lowest room.

But, in after life, as the Christian grows in grace, although he will never forget the solemnity of his position, and will never lose that holy awe which must encompass a gracious man when he is in the presence of the God who can create or can destroy; yet his fear has all its terror taken out of it; it becomes a holy reverence, and no more an overshadowing dread. He is called up higher, to greater access to God in Christ Jesus. Then the man of God, walking amid the splendours of Deity, and veiling his face like the glorious cherubim, with those twin wings, the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ, will, reverent and bowed in spirit, approach the throne; and seeing there a God of love, of goodness, and of mercy, he will realize rather the covenant character of God than his absolute Deity. He will see in God rather his goodness than his greatness, and more of his love than of his majesty. Then will the soul, bowing still as humbly as aforetime, enjoy a more sacred liberty of intercession; for while prostrate before the glory of the Infinite God, it will be sustained by the refreshing consciousness of being in the presence of boundless mercy and infinite love, and by the realization of acceptance "in the Beloved." Thus the believer is bidden to come up higher, and is enabled to exercise the privilege of rejoicing in God, and drawing near to him in holy confidence, saying, "Abba, Father."
"So may we go from strength to strength,
And daily grow in grace,
Till in thine image raised at length,
We see thee face to face."
PM

"Martha was cumbered about much serving." – Luke 10:40

Her fault was not that she served: the condition of a servant well becomes every Christian. "I serve," should be the motto of all the princes of the royal family of heaven. Nor was it her fault that she had "much serving." We cannot do too much. Let us do all that we possibly can; let head, and heart, and hands, be engaged in the Master’s service. It was no fault of hers that she was busy preparing a feast for the Master. Happy Martha, to have an opportunity of entertaining so blessed a guest; and happy, too, to have the spirit to throw her whole soul so heartily into the engagement. Her fault was that she grew "cumbered with much serving," so that she forgot him, and only remembered the service. She allowed service to override communion, and so presented one duty stained with the blood of another. We ought to be Martha and Mary in one: we should do much service, and have much communion at the same time. For this we need great grace. It is easier to serve than to commune. Joshua never grew weary in fighting with the Amalekites; but Moses, on the top of the mountain in prayer, needed two helpers to sustain his hands. The more spiritual the exercise, the sooner we tire in it. The choicest fruits are the hardest to rear: the most heavenly graces are the most difficult to cultivate. Beloved, while we do not neglect external things, which are good enough in themselves, we ought also to see to it that we enjoy living, personal fellowship with Jesus. See to it that sitting at the Saviour’s feet is not neglected, even though it be under the specious pretext of doing him service. The first thing for our soul’s health, the first thing for his glory, and the first thing for our own usefulness, is to keep ourselves in perpetual communion with the Lord Jesus, and to see that the vital spirituality of our religion is maintained over and above everything else in the world.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word