To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

NoondaY Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

NoondaY Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Please share these devotions with your friends and groups

if you have any comments please e-mail me at faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

Please share your praise reports by clicking on the link below.. let us know how God is blessing you. It would be great for all of us to rejoice with you..if you haven't anything you can praise God for.. then there is something wrong with your Christian life believer!!

Keith

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Job 34

31 Surely it is meet to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more:

32 That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.

Job is one of my favourite characters in scripture. He went through so much, BUT his heart attitude was so wonderful.

Here it is in evidence. We often ask.. why does a Christian go through the testing of the Lord?

Here we have a few answers

He says that he has borne his chastisement. You know Job had done nothing wrong, the devil, who is the accuser of the brethren Revelation 12:10, had said terrible things about him, that were completely untrue. But still he was able to say that he had borne his chastisement. Am I/you able to say the same when we go through suffering and chastisement, whether justly or unjustly? verse 31. You know Job isn't saying these things.. one of his so called friends is criticising him.. does it sound familiar to you.. the devil will use any means at his disposal to destroy your faith in God. He will claim you are false and empty and try to twist your words.. he is a liar and the very father of lies. Look at the crazy accusation in verse 27.. isn't that something the devil says?

God does allow suffering into our lives and does indeed chastise us, when we are doing wrong. He is a true Father to us. But everything that happens is for a purpose. It is basically to refine us as gold. In both verses it says that what he has gone through will stop Him from sinning. This is one of the primary reasons, God will use chastisement believer.. to root out sin in your life and to draw you nearer to Him. It means that God loves you, but will not tolerate the sin, he does want to push you away, indeed the opposite, He wants to draw you closer unto Himself

I love the verses in Hebrews 12.. they show the heart of the Father towards us.. his beloved Children. Be encouraged believer.. chastening is meant to draw us nearer to God and to root out sin in our lives.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Be blessed believer God loves you so much..amen

Devotion 2

2 Corinthians 7

1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

We have seen in the first devotion, that the main reason for chastening and suffering are to draw the believer closer to God.

So what are the promises of God for?

Basically they are for the same reason. They are there so we can put them into action. These promises are not dead words, they are YES AND AMEN.

In the final verses of 2 Corinthians 6, we have these precious promises:

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

We have to cleanse ourselves from all the badness of the world, because we are different. We are children of the ONLY TRUE GOD. Many of you are parents and how many of you would find it acceptable if your children came into your presence, with dirty faces and hands? So do you think God welcomes sin into His presence..NO he will not tolerate it believer!

Likewise as children of the ONLY TRUE GOD, we must cleanse ourselves at the foot of the cross by confessing our sin. We have the promise of forgiveness, but it is not until we put it into action, does it become effective. We may believe that God will forgive us, but until we ask for forgiveness, that promise does not become effective in our lives.

Have you activated God's promises in your life Believer

What a wonderful promise in verse 18.. God will be a Father to us, but this depends on us obeying the command of verse 17.

When God commands us to do something.. our answer must be.. YES LORD AND AMEN. Meaning I will go and I agree with what you say to me. Whatever God says.. JUST DO IT

I hope you have been blessed and challenged. God has challenged me as I write and shared what He has laid on my heart

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"I will help thee, saith the Lord." – Isaiah 41:14

This morning let us hear the Lord Jesus speak to each one of us: "I will help thee." "It is but a small thing for me, thy God, to help thee. Consider what I have done already. What! not help thee? Why, I bought thee with my blood. What! not help thee? I have died for thee; and if I have done the greater, will I not do the less? Help thee! It is the least thing I will ever do for thee; I have done more, and will do more. Before the world began I chose thee. I made the covenant for thee. I laid aside my glory and became a man for thee; I gave up my life for thee; and if I did all this, I will surely help thee now. In helping thee, I am giving thee what I have bought for thee already. If thou hadst need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it thee; thou requirest little compared with what I am ready to give. 'Tis much for thee to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow. 'Help thee?' Fear not! If there were an ant at the door of thy granary asking for help, it would not ruin thee to give him a handful of thy wheat; and thou art nothing but a tiny insect at the door of my all-sufficiency. 'I will help thee.'"

O my soul, is not this enough? Dost thou need more strength than the omnipotence of the United Trinity? Dost thou want more wisdom than exists in the Father, more love than displays itself in the Son, or more power than is manifest in the influences of the Spirit? Bring hither thine empty pitcher! Surely this well will fill it. Haste, gather up thy wants, and bring them here-thine emptiness, thy woes, thy needs. Behold, this river of God is full for thy supply; what canst thou desire beside? Go forth, my soul, in this thy might. The Eternal God is thine helper!
"Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismay'd!
I, I am thy God, and will still give thee aid."

PM

"Tell me ... where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon." – Song of Solomon 1:7
These words express the desire of the believer after Christ, and his longing for present communion with him. Where doest thou feed thy flock? In thy house? I will go, if I may find thee there. In private prayer? Then I will pray without ceasing. In the Word? Then I will read it diligently. In thine ordinances? Then I will walk in them with all my heart. Tell me where thou feedest, for wherever thou standest as the Shepherd, there will I lie down as a sheep; for none but thyself can supply my need. I cannot be satisfied to be apart from thee. My soul hungers and thirsts for the refreshment of thy presence. "Where dost thou make thy flock to rest at noon?" for whether at dawn or at noon, my only rest must be where thou art and thy beloved flock. My soul's rest must be a grace-given rest, and can only be found in thee. Where is the shadow of that rock? Why should I not repose beneath it? "Why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?" Thou hast companions-why should I not be one? Satan tells me I am unworthy; but I always was unworthy, and yet thou hast long loved me; and therefore my unworthiness cannot be a bar to my having fellowship with thee now. It is true I am weak in faith, and prone to fall, but my very feebleness is the reason why I should always be where thou feedest thy flock, that I may be strengthened, and preserved in safety beside the still waters. Why should I turn aside? There is no reason why I should, but there are a thousand reasons why I should not, for Jesus beckons me to come. If he withdrew himself a little, it is but to make me prize his presence more. Now that I am grieved and distressed at being away from him, he will lead me yet again to that sheltered nook where the lambs of his fold are sheltered from the burning sun.
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word