To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

noonday devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

noonday devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 am

Welcome Dear Friends

It is such a joy to share with you again.

Please send all replies to faithhopeandlovefellowship@googlemail.com

Please forward these devotion to all your friends and groups

Keith

Please view the prayer requests page on site. We pray every Wednesday for 10 minutes for revival in these 4 areas:

Our own Lives
Our Church
Our Community
Our Country

There is no set time for this, just pray. Let us unleash the Power of God

Click link below. Please post your own prayer requests and pray over the requests already there

http://faithhopeandlovefellowship.piczo ... var=000044

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Luke 10

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

39And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Isn't serving the Lord, the best thing? Well sometimes it isn't.

Here in the story of Mary and Martha, we have the prime example that the best thing.. is to sit at the feet of Jesus and learn of Him

Many of you who will be reading this, will be fully involved in service for the Lord and your days will be filled with doing things for the Lord in various ways, whether by preaching the word or visiting the sick or pastoring churches.

What all of us have to remember is that before, we give to people, we must receive from the Lord. We can only give unto others, what we receive from the Lord.

Let me give you the example of these devotions. I only share what God shares with me and so I have to sit at his feet and learn of Him. How much time have you spent sitting at the Master's feet believer? If you have spent more time serving God than sitting at his feet then your priorities are the wrong way round.. amen?

In verse 38, it was Martha who invited Jesus into her house. Then she spent all the time serving. This is the case with many Christians, they invite Jesus invite their lives and then ignore Him, by running around seeking to serve Him.

Mary in verse 39, was sat at the place where she could hear the words of Jesus. Martha who was serving, probably could of caught snatches of His Word, but not heard it in detail. God doesn't want to hear his word in snatches, he wants us to be still and to hear it fully.

I love the response of Jesus in verse 41, he says that Martha is worried about many things. So what is the answer, it is to do like Mary and sit at the feet of Jesus. Mary and Martha were sisters and probably had basically the same concerns, but one choose to sit at Jesus feet and hear his word and one choose to basically ignore Him.

Which one are you believer?

Are you sitting at the feet of Jesus.. listening to Him.. learning from Him or are you letting other things crowd into that personal and close relationship you need to have with Jesus. John 15:1-5 talks about being connected to the vine, which is Jesus. When we lose that connection, we lose our effectiveness for God. Serving God is so wonderful, but sometimes before we can serve we have to listen and learn how to do it.. we will be indeed sitting at the feet of the Master, the one who truly knew How to serve.. amen

Jesus says to you believer.. come and sit often at my feet.. listen and learn from ME.. what an offer that is.. dare we refuse it?

God bless you

Devotion 2
1 Thessalonians 4

9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;

I love these verses. This church was just full of Love

How was this Church full of Love. I love the phrase, that they were taught of God to love one another verse 9

The example of Love given by the Lord Jesus in John chs 13-17, must of been read and re-read by these Christians. What an example of Love Jesus is, he was the fullest expression of Love. He was love in action, love in evidence, love given selflessly.

This church was a living breathing example of the Love of Jesus. Can I ask you is your life a living example of the Love of Jesus?

My prayer is that my/your love would extend and grow more and more and that is would be evident to all men

In verse 9, Paul says he need not write unto this church and share about brotherly love, would he be able to say this about your fellowship?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." – Genesis 1:4

Light might well be good since it sprang from that fiat of goodness, "Let there be light." We who enjoy it should be more grateful for it than we are, and see more of God in it and by it. Light physical is said by Solomon to be sweet, but gospel light is infinitely more precious, for it reveals eternal things, and ministers to our immortal natures. When the Holy Spirit gives us spiritual light, and opens our eyes to behold the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, we behold sin in its true colours, and ourselves in our real position; we see the Most Holy God as he reveals himself, the plan of mercy as he propounds it, and the world to come as the Word describes it. Spiritual light has many beams and prismatic colours, but whether they be knowledge, joy, holiness, or life, all are divinely good. If the light received be thus good, what must the essential light be, and how glorious must be the place where he reveals himself. O Lord, since light is so good, give us more of it, and more of thyself, the true light.

No sooner is there a good thing in the world, than a division is necessary. Light and darkness have no communion; God has divided them, let us not confound them. Sons of light must not have fellowship with deeds, doctrines, or deceits of darkness. The children of the day must be sober, honest, and bold in their Lord's work, leaving the works of darkness to those who shall dwell in it for ever. Our Churches should by discipline divide the light from the darkness, and we should by our distinct separation from the world do the same. In judgment, in action, in hearing, in teaching, in association, we must discern between the precious and the vile, and maintain the great distinction which the Lord made upon the world's first day. O Lord Jesus, be thou our light throughout the whole of this day, for thy light is the light of men.

PM

"And God saw the light." – Genesis 1:4

This morning we noticed the goodness of the light, and the Lord's dividing it from the darkness, we now note the special eye which the Lord had for the light. "God saw the light"-he looked at it with complacency, gazed upon it with pleasure, saw that it "was good." If the Lord has given you light, dear reader, he looks on that light with peculiar interest; for not only is it dear to him as his own handiwork, but because it is like himself, for "He is light." Pleasant it is to the believer to know that God's eye is thus tenderly observant of that work of grace which he has begun. He never loses sight of the treasure which he has placed in our earthen vessels. Sometimes we cannot see the light, but God always sees the light, and that is much better than our seeing it. Better for the judge to see my innocence than for me to think I see it. It is very comfortable for me to know that I am one of God's people-but whether I know it or not, if the Lord knows it, I am still safe. This is the foundation, "The Lord knoweth them that are his." You may be sighing and groaning because of inbred sin, and mourning over your darkness, yet the Lord sees "light" in your heart, for he has put it there, and all the cloudiness and gloom of your soul cannot conceal your light from his gracious eye. You may have sunk low in despondency, and even despair; but if your soul has any longing towards Christ, and if you are seeking to rest in his finished work, God sees the "light." He not only sees it, but he also preserves it in you. "I, the Lord, do keep it." This is a precious thought to those who, after anxious watching and guarding of themselves, feel their own powerlessness to do so. The light thus preserved by his grace, he will one day develop into the splendour of noonday, and the fulness of glory. The light within is the dawn of the eternal day

May God bless you abundantly

Ephesians 3:20

Keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word