Shifting Gears for Writing Cash 1/26/09

For Platinum 500 Members -- articles to help you hone your skills and Glenn Hascall's Ultimate Writing Guide

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Shifting Gears for Writing Cash 1/26/09

Post by Writetrack »

Although I usually only post a small part of the question posed to Glenn, I decided to go ahead and post the entire question this week because it is one that was originally posted on the FW message boards. This week's topic deals with not only breaking in to the Children's Stories market, but also what publishers look for in an author.

Q: Okay so I love to write Christian romance but there is not a big demand for it. Besides I'm not very good at it-- well at least I don't think so.

However I do feel that I may have a knack for Children's stories. Not older ones but younger ones. I love kids and the stories I write for my classes are usually well received from kids and adults alike.

The problem is, I really need to earn some cash with my writing and I don't know where to start. Also I am not an artist and in a children's book you really need pictures.

I'm thinking maybe I can write articles or stories in children's magazines and handouts too.

… Can you help me?

To read Glenn's answer, read the whole article here:
SHIFTING GEARS FOR WRITING CASH

You must be a 500 member to access this article. For more information on becoming a FaithWriters 500 member, as well as a list of all the wonderful benefits you receive when you join, click here:
FAITHWRITERS 500

Return to “Writing Articles and Ultimate Writing Guide”