To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Wilderness Between

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Inkpen
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

The Wilderness Between

Postby Inkpen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:20 pm

This morning I rose before the rising sun and felt the earth beneath me. The morning breeze of God's creation cleared the fog from my thoughts as the horizon filled my eyes. The amber glow began where the heavens touched the earth and rose upward in transition to the darkest blue. My eyes beheld two extremes yet I could not pin point the divide between them.

Before I came to know Christ there was no division in my life. I walked in darkness and called it light because I did not know the Light. When I came to the saving knowledge of Christ, I saw the darkness for what it was because the abstract was now before me. A decision was now before me.

In the beginning it was easy - go to the light, stay away from the dark. But when we allow our faith to evolve into religion the dividing line can fade. We plainly see the light and the dark but the separation between them cross fade to the point where we can no longer can tell when have crossed the line. We wander the wilderness of the pastel sands between, becoming unsure of our direction.

When our watered down faith runs its' course the prodigal within us comes to him or herself and once again gaze upon the horizon and remember the former days of our youth in Christ. We remember who we are. We rise from the pigs wallow of our religion and see it for what it is. Humbled, we walk toward home only to find our Father running toward us, crying out to His servants to put a robe on our shoulders and a ring on our finger. The thoughts of our self-made delusions that grew fat in our minds have become our fatted calf this day. It is then that we see where we failed. We stopped walking toward the brightest light for the brightest light is the purest of them all.

Here I stand, the earth beneath my feet. The sun rises above the earth as the darkness of endless space flees from its' presence. The warmth of the sun's rays penetrate the chilled morning air to bathe my face. Once again I see the Light, and choose.

<><
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

lthomas
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby lthomas » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Beautifully put, George. Exactly what I needed to hear today. Thanks for sharing.

Loren
"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." From "As You Like It." Wm. Shakespeare.

Anniel

Postby Anniel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 pm

George, the beginning of this would lend itself to a beautiful poem.. please.

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Anniel wrote:George, the beginning of this would lend itself to a beautiful poem.. please.

Believe it or not I started out with a poem but it felt forced. So I dropped back ten yards and punted, typing whatever rose to the surface from my walk that morning.

<><
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Return to Encouragement from the Word