To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Verna
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Verna » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:57 pm

A welcome back to Pam. We've missed you. We're glad you got a job that is right for you. It's close to 50 degrees here today, and we think that's cold.

Edy, we do have the most fun people and a whole lot of caring.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:04 pm

George, you crack me up! :heehee I wanna be like Rocky when I grow up. ;)

Hi, Pam. I've been thinking about you and Alaina this week. I'm glad you checked in today. :) Anything special planned this weekend since you'll have the house to yourself?

Linda, how's your back?

Verna, even though in comparison 50 degrees is warm to some of us right now, I agree that it's still cold. I don't thaw out myself until it's about 75. I've already been saying that I can't wait until summer. 8) But for now, I'm wearing two to three layers and appreciating my new heated throw that I turn on for just a few minutes or so at bedtime. I love getting into a preheated bed. :)

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:18 pm

PAM PAM PAM!!!

My goodness, I feel like I'm starting a grocery list! It sure is good to see you, my sweet friend, Pam! We've missed you but do understand what a year you've had! Just drop by during your lunch hour whenever you like and you'll always receive a warm :grouphug

George, I wanna be like you when I grow up, too. If you send me a pet rock in a box, I'll send you a grain of sand in a bottle. That way we'll both be lucky or nuts, whichever comes first. :rolling

OK let's vote:

If you want to return to the original Southern porch after the carpenters repair the boards that Blue chewed through, then type "I WANT TO RETURN."

If you want to stay here on the extension but leave the other one open by putting a poll at the end so it won't close, giving us easy access, then type
"I WANT TO STAY ON PERMANENTLY AT THIS WORTHLESS SITE."

And no, you can't vote twice and no, it doesn't prove you're a Republican if you want to return to our original site or that you're a Democrat if you like this worthless site.

At the count of 3, you may begin voting.

"Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
'How great Thou art, how great Thou art..."

Mariane Holbrook

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Inkpen wrote:I cannot tell you her name 'cause I'm not a snitch but her initials are DEB PORTER. You didn't hear it from me, okay. :mrgreen:

Ooooooh!!! What a tattletail!

Yes, I confess. The conversation would have remained far more genteel if I'd not discussed the big event happening at our house near my birthday.

Sorry. :oops:

:wink:

Love, Deb
Breath of Fresh Air Press

FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Inkpen wrote:
Oooo . . . I got a few extra chairs. Can I bring my pet rock. He's the cutest thing. I named him . . . Rocky. I bought from a pet store in Boulder, Colorado. When he got older I decided to have him neutered but the vet there was no need since he was sterile just like his father. :shock: (Don't ask me) A chip off the old block I guess. He's not very active though. I can't even get him to roll over without helping him. And fetch . . . forget it. Not happenin'. He just sits there an looks at ya. I soon learned not to run the bath water too deep after giving him his first bath. Bless his heart he sunk like a rock. But he's my little buddy. :mrgreen:
<><

George, you didn't have to chase all the way to Boulder, Co. to find a nice pet rock.

It's my understanding they can be bought in Rockville, MD - the whole town is full of 'em.

Then there's Red Rock, AZ - if color is an issue.

Of course there's Little Rock, AR - but only for the smaller species (they don't eat as much).

When your pet rock is no longer enjoyable, just toss 'em into a gravel pit. 8)

:mrgreen:

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Deb, knowing what's happening at your house around the time of your birthday makes buying you a present that much easier. :lol:

(Remember, dearheart, you started this!) :heehee
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:OK let's vote:

If you want to return to the original Southern porch after the carpenters repair the boards that Blue chewed through, then type "I WANT TO RETURN."

If you want to stay here on the extension but leave the other one open by putting a poll at the end so it won't close, giving us easy access, then type
"I WANT TO STAY ON PERMANENTLY AT THIS WORTHLESS SITE."

And no, you can't vote twice and no, it doesn't prove you're a Republican if you want to return to our original site or that you're a Democrat if you like this worthless site.

At the count of 3, you may begin voting.

WORTHLESS? Mariane, you're getting into trouble, again. I choose option #3 (and I don't think that makes me an official Independent, just naturally independent. :hide )

3. "I WANT TO STAY ON PERMANENTLY AT THIS TREASURED-KEEPSAKE SITE."
I do: "... want to stay here on the extension but leave the other one open by putting a poll at the end so it won't close...." but you probably already knew that.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:20 pm

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Edy, I didn't say "3" yet, so your vote is premature. Sorry, sweetie. :heehee Besides, there was no option #3. First, we have to undo Linda's designation that this is a worthless site and we should not say anything here that's worth keeping after we depart.
(Roberts Rules of Order, page 94. Section 143)

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:41 pm

How did you get to be such a stinker, anyway! :lol: Probably because you can't help making us laugh even when you need a spanking.

Now, go sit in the corner. Blue will keep you company until you promise to be good.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Rockyyyyy! Man . . . I can't believe you pooped on our new porch. :oops:

You guys watch where you step. Rocky has . . . Oh wait a minute . . . my mistake. It's just pea gravel. :shock:

Don, I was going through Colorado anyway. We found Rocky abandoned on the side of the road up in the Rocky Mountains. Hence the name Rocky.

When we stooped, the poor thing was so scared that he wouldn't come to us, I had to go pick him up. He seemed to be well cared for because there wasn't a flea on him anywhere.

We ran ads in the paper, in the lost and found, for over six months but no one responded. So ol' Rock got a new home. :P

<><
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Okay, I'm calling out the National Guard for reinforcements. You must have missed this one, Mariane:
Evensong wrote:OK, y'all have dun dun it now! :shock:

Edy took us to the heights with that fabulous violin of Ole Bull's and George took us to the depths with his pepper seeds, Shelley (and Midgie!) and Teresa are official 'suthunahs' who have their own rockin' chairs, and dub's gone and fixed the termite problem! Mariane, you've kept such good care of the puppies and they feel so much at home, Verna your greetings to all of the porch gang is just too heartwarming, ...so-o-o-o this new thread is officially.....(drum roll, please :nerd2 )

.....NOT worthless! :orangeyes :mrgreen:

:party :clap :grouphug :superhappy :music2 :grouphug :thumbs :welcome

There's no throwing this one out now, folks! :heehee

SEE?! Linda already did your requirement: "First, we have to undo Linda's designation that this is a worthless site...."

Linda christened us as NOT worthless! So now we're posting at a treasured keepsake site, sorta like Mount Rushmore.

So, my #3 choice should be in order, according to MY copy of Roberts' Rules. :bow
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Busy on the porch today! Glad to see new folks, too.

I'm typing with a parrot on my shoulder who is just delighting in twisting his head around so he's right in my face. I guess it's worth it, though. He's making smooching sounds. :lol:

Y'all behave. That means you, George. :wink:
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

Verna

Postby Verna » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:12 pm

OOps, I was trying to get out of the way of Betty's parrot, and I tripped over Rocky!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Betty, you make me homesick for my parrot, Fergie. I miss him so much, ever since we sold him because he took a chunk outta our dog's nose. :heehee

OK, Edy, you've done straightened us out on the voting process. So here we go again:

When Scott finishes fixing FaithWriters, vote:

I WANT TO GO BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL SITE

I WANT TO STAY HERE AT THIS NEW SITE (worthless as it is, hehe)

You may cast your ballots NOW. Even visitors may vote. Edy, you CANNOT vote your usual 20 times!!! :rolling

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:22 pm

So far, we have one vote for STAY HERE. (Compliments of Edy)

Mariane Holbrook

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler