To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

BeachGrandma
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 am

Shelley, WELCOME, WELCOME, AND WELCOME AGAIN!!!! Just so you know, we bolted the screen door on the porch so you can't leave. :lol:
And your little doggy is as welcome as can be. Midgie can play with Ole Blue but I have to ask you a personal question. (c'mon over here in the corner so I can whisper it to you. OK. Is there a chance that Blue and Midgie might get uhhhh, ummmm, errrr, aaaaah may become a little too friendly? We already have a buncha cute little puppies that the farmer down the road gave us and besides that, I'm not sure how patient a daddy Ole Blue would make at his age. He's the gentlest dog on earth but if he had to get a job supporting 8 little babies, he's likely to vamoose in the middle of the night. Dependability isn't necessarily his strong suit. So if you could tell me if Midgie is uhhhhh, ummm, you know, that would put our collective minds at rest. Either way, we'll work something out because we want you to stay. :hugs2 We're so glad to see you and hope you'll post often so we can get to know you.)

Edy, I fell asleep at the keyboard again last night and woke up with
T Y 7 8 in little squares across my forehead. I do this so frequently that John suggested I get a neck brace to keep my head from falling forward while I snooze. I'll bet none of you have square wrinkles on your face, do you? :heehee

My dh, Big John, is back from McDonalds where he had breakfast with the 11 other disciples. Well, they only get coffee there because they don't like McDonalds' breakfasts but don't tell them I told you. So now he's gonna fix waffles and bacon, juice and coffee for our breakfast, so I gotta run. I like watching him. hehehehehe :rolling It took me a lotta years to get him to this point where he likes cooking breakfast. :roll:

Later, y'all. BTW, we need to talk about whether to keep this thread or go back to the old one. I hope all of you will post your feelings about it. You too, Shelley, since you're familiar with our porch.
Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:36 am

Teresa, you must have been posting while I was preparing to post. I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner. We're glad to see you! Is that your picture on your avatar? We hope you'll come back often and be a part of us. What I said to Shelley I mean for you, too. We love guests and we love new porch members! So please feel right at home! :hugkiss
Mariane Holbrook

Evensong

Postby Evensong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:47 am

OK, y'all have dun dun it now! :shock:

Edy took us to the heights with that fabulous violin of Ole Bull's and George took us to the depths with his pepper seeds, Shelley (and Midgie!) and Teresa are official 'suthunahs' who have their own rockin' chairs, and dub's gone and fixed the termite problem! Mariane, you've kept such good care of the puppies and they feel so much at home, Verna your greetings to all of the porch gang is just too heartwarming, ...so-o-o-o this new thread is officially.....(drum roll, please :nerd2 )

.....NOT worthless! :orangeyes :mrgreen:

:party :clap :grouphug :superhappy :music2 :grouphug :thumbs :welcome

There's no throwing this one out now, folks! :heehee
Last edited by Evensong on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings, Linda Owen
“...We have seen His glory....” John 1:14 (NIV)

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=8963

Verna

Postby Verna » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:50 am

Teresa and Shelley and Midge, you all are official "porch pals" now. And yes, Teresa, I've been enjoying your writing.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:35 am

More porch chairs!!! We need more porch chairs now!! We're a growing group!

Let's see now...we've got Southerners, Easterners, Notherners, Westerners, dogs, little puppies, cats, lizards, parrots, and more... :D

This alternate porch is only two days old and we're out-growing it already. We can't allow a standing room only situation to happen. :shock:

Now...where did I put those blueprints for the second level? :?

:mrgreen:

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:38 am

Evensong wrote:OK, y'all have dun dun it now! :shock:

. . . and George took us to the depths with his pepper seeds . . .

:sorry

:shock: Hey . . . Wait a minute. It's not my fault, honest. It was . . . uh . . . I cannot tell you her name 'cause I'm not a snitch but her initials are DEB PORTER. You didn't hear it from me, okay. :mrgreen:

Honest . . . it was her. If she hadn't of said what she said my mind wouldn't have went where it went. Maybe. :angel2

<><
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Evensong

Postby Evensong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Inkpen wrote:
Evensong wrote:OK, y'all have dun dun it now! :shock:

. . . and George took us to the depths with his pepper seeds . . .

:sorry

:shock: Hey . . . Wait a minute. It's not my fault, honest. It was . . . uh . . . I cannot tell you her name 'cause I'm not a snitch but her initials are DEB PORTER. You didn't hear it from me, okay. :mrgreen:

Honest . . . it was her. If she hadn't of said what she said my mind wouldn't have went where it went. Maybe. :angel2

<><

Well..... :roll: ...OK, George, we fergive ya, but if any pepper plants start sproutin' 'round our new ole porch :oops: , yer in fer sum BIG trouble buddy! :nono2 :heehee

We got this 'ere new 'classy'-fied porch now, ya know! So slick yer hair back and dust off yer britches, we gotta make sum good impressions on these folks! :shiney2

:helpwobble
Blessings, Linda Owen

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:13 pm

ready2go wrote:More porch chairs!!! We need more porch chairs now!! We're a growing group!

Let's see now...we've got Southerners, Easterners, Notherners, Westerners, dogs, little puppies, cats, lizards, parrots, and more... :D

This alternate porch is only two days old and we're out-growing it already. We can't allow a standing room only situation to happen. :shock:

Now...where did I put those blueprints for the second level? :?

Don

Oooo . . . I got a few extra chairs. Can I bring my pet rock. He's the cutest thing. I named him . . . Rocky. I bought from a pet store in Boulder, Colorado. When he got older I decided to have him neutered but the vet there was no need since he was sterile just like his father. :shock: (Don't ask me) A chip off the old block I guess. He's not very active though. I can't even get him to roll over without helping him. And fetch . . . forget it. Not happenin'. He just sits there an looks at ya. I soon learned not to run the bath water too deep after giving him his first bath. Bless his heart he sunk like a rock. But he's my little buddy. :mrgreen:

<><
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

raineysangel
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby raineysangel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Oohhh I knew better than to run back by here. You people are so welcoming and I love hanging out on the porch. My house; however, is feeling neglected today. Just one more post and I'll commit to three more chores before even thinking of walking back by!

Ms. Mariane, the boy in my avatar is my baby-boy, AJ. His big blue eyes are so full of a mixture of mischief and innocence in that photo. That was only 2 1/2 yrs ago and he has changed so much. He is now in high school, 5'7", and starting to develop muss'cles through football workouts. He still carries fountains of mischief in those baby blues.

There is really no need to get me a chair. I'm never able to sit still for very long, unless I'm reading. I can't even write more than 200 words without getting up to pace a little.
Teresa
HerWhitewashedHeart
At My Table

"But kids like us grow up and need our own relationship with God, forged in the heart through time and experience, not draped around us by the church we attend. We need to know God for ourselves, not secondhand." Frank Peretti from his introduction in The Visitation.

Evensong

Postby Evensong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm

:rolling :rolling

Don, would ya hide Inkpen's chair or somethin'? His pet rocks are gonna take over the porch! :roll:
Blessings, Linda Owen

Evensong

Postby Evensong » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Teresa, there's nothing like those sweet boys are there! But they sure do grow up fast! Love that avatar...what a precious face!! :D
Blessings, Linda Owen

Pam-MN

Postby Pam-MN » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Uff Da.....it was 17 below zero this morning in my neck of the woods in Minnesota. But I got the car warmed up, and I'll bring Sour Cream Pumpkin Pecan bread for the party on the porch. Hope y'all don't mind a little left over Christmas baking from my freezer.

I've been absentee for far too long. I've missed y'all.

However, lots of life changes going on. I'm now working full time in a different office (that's a God-thing), my mother passed away in May, my Dad is still hanging in there (at age 92) but is (from my observations recently) losing interest in "hanging in there", and my daughter is currently on a Science Field Trip with a group of 14 students and 4 adults in Death Valley, California.....burrrr... winter camping. She'll be back January 20th.

After I got my car warmed up, I had to take my poodle in for a check-up. He's been having many issues. But the diagnosis was "stress-induced colitis". I didn't know dogs could get colitis. Poor guy. Now I'm making my own low-residue doggy food with boiled rice and chicken and cottage cheese. :roll:

Sorry, I can only sit on the porch and "visit" during my lunch hour which is now over. So I must scoot back to work.

I'm so glad this porch extension has been added. And I'm glad that -- since I live south of the north pole (not by much, though) -- that I can be a southerner, too.

Hugs to Y'All!
Pam

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Inkpen wrote:Oooo . . . I got a few extra chairs. Can I bring my pet rock. He's the cutest thing. I named him . . . Rocky. I bought from a pet store in Boulder, Colorado. When he got older I decided to have him neutered but the vet there was no need since he was sterile just like his father. (Don't ask me) A chip off the old block I guess. He's not very active though. I can't even get him to roll over without helping him. And fetch . . . forget it. Not happenin'. He just sits there an looks at ya. I soon learned not to run the bath water too deep after giving him his first bath. Bless his heart he sunk like a rock. But he's my little buddy.

Hmmm...a pet rock named Rocky. That's a good name, very masculine, and so original too. Sure a lot better than "Agate", or "Topaz", or "Amethyst". Does he come when called, or does he just obey sit and stay commands? :mrgreen:

Evensong wrote::rolling :rolling

Don, would ya hide Inkpen's chair or somethin'? His pet rocks are gonna take over the porch! :roll:

Are you saying that his pet rock might have little pebbles? I thought...oh well, never mind. :shock:

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:31 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:
I just noticed that Deb's birthday is January 23! That's the day I get to tape 24 hours of the old Randolph Scott westerns from the Dish Network's western station. I can't wait.

Ohhh...can I watch them with you? Can I please? Randolpf Scott movies are one of my favorites. He had a great looking horse too! 8)

In my book he's right up there with Roy and Trigger, Tonto and Scout, The Lone Ranger and Silver, Hoppy and Topper, plus Gene and Champion.

"Happy trails to you...until we meet again"

Do I know my westerns or what? :mrgreen:

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Mariane, just look what you started. We have the funniest guys on this porch! I'm glad you carry the key ring locking everybody up so no one can escape.

You all charge my batteries. I love a great sense of humor, multiplied is just that much better.

And, no fair deleting posts (y'hear, Mariane?) or we'll have to start hitting the "quote" button to make deletes impossible. :joker2 So there!

And, thanks to Linda, we are now christened "NOT worthless!" :thumbs
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler