To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

denouement

These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, glorybee

glorybee

denouement

Postby glorybee » Tue May 06, 2008 6:10 am

Sally--hilarious! I love the line: Can't you just--you know--smite her? I wondered why I hadn't seen that story before, then I saw the date--it's from probably only my 2nd or 3rd week at FaithWriters! I do't think I had figured out yet how to comment (or gotten up the nerve to).

Anyway--yes, the resolution is super, as is the rest of the story. This is a perfect example of writing a small story. You could easily have been tempted to write about Maud coming to live with them, perhaps complaining about her room and antagonizing the dog...instead, you went with one moment in the garage.

Perfect.
Jan Ackerson

triumfunt
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Old Yeller

Postby triumfunt » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am

One of my favorite tear-jerker movies, Old Yeller, ended with his pup... running through the fields. If the hero has to die, it is so refreshing, and encouraging to see his legacy, and believe the "good" will carry on in his offspring.

Is that tidying it up too much?? To me it is hopeful and realistic. Even wanting our own children and grandkids to step up a notch higher than we were able to do...

I love this concept and can see how it can be misused like a 30 minute sitcom on TV always seems to have to make nice at the end...
I wish I had laughed more. I wish I had smiled more. I wish I had thought of others more. I wish I had been a better listener. There is NOW and that is all I have for sure..!

triumfunt
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Too much?

Postby triumfunt » Tue May 06, 2008 12:06 pm

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=19302

I just found a piece I did about evangelism... I had no way to end it with Daisy knowing how she had impacted my life ... except to find her in heaven ...
I wish I had laughed more. I wish I had smiled more. I wish I had thought of others more. I wish I had been a better listener. There is NOW and that is all I have for sure..!

sirwilliam57
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby sirwilliam57 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:12 pm

I hate to have to go back so far, but "A Soul's Last Breath" not only had my best opening, but if you count the last four paragraphs as my conclusion, I think it fits the bill here. Link is below.

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... hp?id=9619

Thank you.
...fiction never exceeds the reach of the writer’s courage

JESUS IS LORD!

Wm. Price

My Profile: http://sirwilliamslilblogaboutblogables ... gspot.com/

ScarletFury

Postby ScarletFury » Tue May 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Wow..my name on the first page...I'm famous! lolz.

Demi's Honor

This is the only one I can think of that fits "resolution". :? Does it 'fit'?
Sara Harricharan

Return to Jan's Writing Basics