These lessons, by one of our most consistent FaithWriters' Challenge Champions, should not be missed. So we're making a permanent home for them here.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I also wanted to do the fun excercise. Here are my rewrites.
1. As quiet as a mouse. As quiet as…a melted ice cube.
2. As cute as a button. As cute as… I want to be.
3. As black as night. As black as…emptiness.
4. As dumb as a bag of hammers. As dumb as… a bungie jumper.
5. As strong as an ox. As strong as… cheap perfume.
6. As ugly as sin. As ugly as… unforgiveness.
7. As pretty as a picture. As pretty as…a rainbow.
8. As poor as a churchmouse. As poor as…a struggling artist.
9. As neat as a pin. As neat as… snowflakes.
10. As thin as a rail. As thin as… grandma's skin.
I had something really memorable to write here but I forgot what it was.
Jan, just so you know -although I don't usually post, I always read your 'teaching threads' and ALWAYS learn a lot Hope you continue...Here's my attempt:
1. As quiet as a mouse. As quiet as… a corpse in a casket.
2. As cute as a button. As cute as…a kitten struggling to stay awake.
3. As black as night. As black as… the midnight of his desserted soul.
4. As dumb as a bag of hammers. As dumb as… a prideful professor.
5. As strong as an ox. As strong as… the stench of unrighteousness.
6. As ugly as sin. As ugly as… the heart of Hitler.
7. As pretty as a picture. As pretty as… a new bride clothed in white.
8. As poor as a churchmouse. As poor as… a child with no mother.
9. As neat as a pin. As neat as… a surgeon's freshly scrubbed hands.
10. As thin as a rail. As thin as… the line between better and best.
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown
Hmm this is not as easy as it seems. But, here goes:
1. As quiet as falling snow in a water globe.
2. As cute as the grin on the face of an orangutan.
3. As black as a shadow in a cold abyss.
4. As dumb as a disconnected keyboard.
5. As strong as necessary with a pinch of vim tossed in.
6. As ugly as your heart would otherwise allow.
7. As pretty as to make any other pale in comparison.
8. As poor as to make her/him sacrifice everything to get it.
9. As neat as the mid-night skyline of New York City.
10. As thin as an elephant with a delusional image disorder.
Looking this over, I think I could have done better, but it was a challenge, non-the-less and really got me to thinking what the real intent of the word is in context to what the writer is trying to say. Does that make sense
Better close for now
Thanks again, Jan, for the classes. I can't wait until we get to the S's and take on symbolism.
Patience for another is called love
Patience for yourself is called hope
Patience for God is called faith.
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
1. As quiet as the clouds floating above.
2. As cute as kittens nestled in a basket.
3. As black as tar.
4. As dumb as a block of wood.
5. As strong as Mt. Rushmore.
6. As ugly as an eight headed monster.
7. As pretty as a sunset over Lake Superior.
8. As poor as the rich man is rich.
9. As neat as a sailor's dress whites.
10.As thin as a sheet of paper.
Man, it was tough to think of some of these. They may not even be fresh.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Does God exist? Build a writers website Does truth exist? Website online in minutes