Hmm this is not as easy as it seems. But, here goes:
1. As quiet as falling snow in a water globe.
2. As cute as the grin on the face of an orangutan.
3. As black as a shadow in a cold abyss.
4. As dumb as a disconnected keyboard.
5. As strong as necessary with a pinch of vim tossed in.
6. As ugly as your heart would otherwise allow.
7. As pretty as to make any other pale in comparison.
8. As poor as to make her/him sacrifice everything to get it.
9. As neat as the mid-night skyline of New York City.
10. As thin as an elephant with a delusional image disorder.
Looking this over, I think I could have done better, but it was a challenge, non-the-less and really got me to thinking what the real intent of the word is in context to what the writer is trying to say. Does that make sense
Better close for now
Thanks again, Jan, for the classes. I can't wait until we get to the S's and take on symbolism.