To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Starting OVER on non-fiction

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderator: Deb Porter

Hoomi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Hoomi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:07 pm

As of this moment, I doubt I'll dive into next year's Page Turner, mostly because I'm not sure about writing non-fiction.

I think I do fine with non-fiction essays, but I'm not sure about taking a non-fiction concept and expanding it into a book-length project.

Of course, time will tell. Five months from now, God may smack me upside the head and motivate me to enter the contest just to get me started on some project I'm supposed to do.

It's funny how it works that way.

It makes me think, too, that maybe He has a better idea for your project as well, Joanne. (*flashes for a moment to the scene of the Heavenly Throne and God saying, "Of course I have a better idea! I am God, after all!"*) I'm betting you'll find yourself redirected and burning up the pages before you know what hit you.
“It is the artist who realizes that there is a supreme force above him and works gladly away as a small apprentice under God's heaven.” ~ Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

Marta's Pod, the sequel to Cardan's Pod, on Kickstarter now.

Return to Page Turner Writing Contest