To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Editor

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

Dixieland57
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Editor

Postby Dixieland57 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:45 pm

I work with an editor and am so thankful for her umbrella. She is able to see things that I'm, at times, unable to see. I appreciate her expertise. Of course, it does help that she is very gracious and tactful. :)

Michelle Lowrie
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby Michelle Lowrie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm

I post my secular pieces on Writing.com. Writers there tell me that my poem is great, rile me out for a typo or misplaced punctuation mark and recommend that I pay closer attention to detail if I ever want any of my pieces to catch an editor's eye.

All I can do is laugh. My father was an editor. I know what they're there for. So, I don't let the typos and misplaced punctuation marks get the best of me, and I don't let those folks on Writing.com get the best of me either. They're the best literary editors I've got (and they don't even know it).

Deb like "Uncompassionate People." It's in the July issue of FaithWriters. My involuntary voluntary literary editors over at Writing.com still think it needs more punctuation before an editor will look at it.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:40 am

ROFL! The old pencil envy hits most people sooner or later. :wink:

Of course, moderators, site administrators and Deb P's are all so beyond that kind of thing. We got big pencils right from the start. :P I was particularly blessed. I had my pencil specially designed by the members(right down to its little sharpener). That was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:50 am

Well, my pencil grew on it's on -and later it changed colors to the mod pencil :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Michelle Lowrie
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby Michelle Lowrie » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 am

Oh! Thank God you clarified that. I was afraid it had joined a gang, and we certainly don't need that in here. :D

Actually, in real life I am very particular when it comes to pencils and refuse to use anything but Ticonderoga. I give away al the free pencils my son gets from school. They're worthless.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:26 am

And about the actual topic - editing is SO important - and the biggest thing I've learned -it's almost impossible to really edit your own work.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion