After a minor crisis, it is IN!!!!!

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

China rose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

After a minor crisis, it is IN!!!!!

Post by China rose »

It's supernatural interference of one sort or another ... maybe.

Last night, as I was all set to submit, I lost my internet connection. I had everything up, filled in, hit submit and got a message in Chinese to say that the webpage couldn't be found. My connection came back eventually but then I decided to leave it until tonight - it was too late and stormy as well.

Tonight, I got everything set up again and now the silly system keeps telling me that it is an 'incorrect file type'. Huh? I've used microsoft word. Albeit a Chinese version of word, but the content is all in English.

I'm not even slightly expecting to get anywhere with my entry. Even less so now. Sigh.
Last edited by China rose on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzanne
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Keep trying Suz. Let me know if you can't get it to upload in time, and we will make an exception for you. It's okay. I know the problems you have with a reliable internet connection over there, so I'm definitely not going to hold that against you.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

China rose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by China rose »

Deb, you are an angel ... but even angels need sleep. It is almost 11pm down there right now, I believe. I emailed support at FW with a copy to you asking for help. I'm wondering if the problem is my Chinese computer. I'll probably email the whole jolly entry through if it still doesn't work later.

After my last attempt to enter it, I tried to focus on something else but hadn't realized quite how disappointed I was. Went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea to drown my woes and remembered that the kettle just broke. Switched on the heating element of my drinking water machine thingo and realized that the bottle was empty. Replaced the bottle and started again and came back to the computer JUST in case there was already an answer ... and there it was. I'm SMILING again now - THANKS! :D :D :D :D :D

The only thing that would make life even better is chocolate.
Suzanne
China rose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by China rose »

chrisiggee wrote:I'm praying, Suz. Keep trying.
Chrissy, you're still up too? Thanks. Last week I waxed eloquent on the boards in the Kwaussie section about trials and their good to us, even if I deleted most of it later, since it wasn't really relevant to the thread. Guess it's time to put it into practice now, eh?

Kettle's boiled ... well ... hot water machine is hot ... between 'submit' - grrr - 'submit' - grrr - a cuppa, anyone?
Suzanne
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

WoowWOOO Suzanne! So glad it all worked out for ya! Good for you!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
KennAllan
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by KennAllan »

China rose wrote: I'm wondering if the problem is my Chinese computer.
er... aren't ALL computers Chinese these days?

Glad to hear you made it.
ScarletFury
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by ScarletFury »

Wow! That's a lot happening...so glad you got it in! :D
Sara Harricharan

China rose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by China rose »

KatieScarlet wrote:Do you need a tea kettle? I know where I can get my hands on a really good one. Chocolate could be included! :mrgreen:
Thanks, dear Linda! Actually, you know what? My kettle is WORKING again?!?! I put it out but my cleaning lady (sorry to make anyone jealous ... it is all in the name of productivity and boosting the local economy :mrgreen: ) rescued it and took it to the repair shop ... by which stage some electrical connection had already fixed itself! How embarrassing :oops: but it's lovely to have it back again.

As for the Chinese computer, yep, lots of stuff is made here, but western computers usually have western software, whereas ones here have Chinese software. And they're not always compatible. I often run into minor problems with formatting with FW - have to be very careful that the internet thingo is set to 'western European windows' - most of the time it is on 'simplified Chinese'.
Suzanne

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”