How many have entered?

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

CrimsonMoon
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

How many have entered?

Post by CrimsonMoon »

Hey, I was just wondering if we could have a total number posted after the deadline. Just curious to know if it is a one in 200 chance, one in 500 chance, or one in 1000...you get my point, lol.

The suspense shall surely kill me. When I did hte writing challange it was hard to wait a week. I do not know how I will wait 5 months. If I am dead - and I won - please donate all proceeds to The Dead Writiers Society for writers who died of suspense, writer's block, sysopsis sorrow and other writing maladies.
I have but no other reason to live, than to fight for my King.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Check out my blog: Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Visit my Website: JC Lamont
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hey JC! Good to see you back on the boards.

You will all be very happy to know that there are nowhere near 200 entries.

At this stage, there are around 39 entries, which I think is fantastic. I know of at least two or three that are still to be submitted, so all up, there will probably be around 42 or so in this year's Page Turner.

I'm really thrilled with that. It's enough for a great competition.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by Writetrack »

So does it really take 5 months to read through only 42 entries?

Come on! One month should be plenty of time! I don't think any of us can possibly wait 5 months. :roll:

:mrgreen: :lol: 8)
Motherof8
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I'm in...

Post by Motherof8 »

It was a last minute crunch. Around here finding the time to do anything conclusive and concrete is a miracle.

Some things I discovered that may help others. The new Word 2007 software is not accepted on the entry form. You have to SAVE AS a 97-2003 Word doc before inserting it in the Browse key.

My word count showed 500 words on my synopsis but the form's word count showed 515.....just more time devoted to clarity. :)

Enjoyed the process and the opportunity.

:)
Hoomi
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Hoomi »

I finally took a look at the contest guidelines today (talk about waiting until the last minute), and considered trying to jump in.

My current work in progress, though, has about a three thousand word first chapter which has been shared as a short story already, and while there are heavy religious themes in the Eridanus stories, I'm still wondering how the flipped-around perception of God presented in the narratives will sit with a Christian audience.
“It is the artist who realizes that there is a supreme force above him and works gladly away as a small apprentice under God's heaven.” ~ Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
puppylove531
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by puppylove531 »

Lynda - you crack me up. Those were my first thoughts too (5 months to read 39 entries??). I have to say when we get those little posts from Deb that talk about how all the judges have submitted their tallies.... I just want to beg or scream. Put us out of our misery and tell us, please!!!!!! (Can you tell the BOB results have been calculated but they won't be announced for two more days??) LOL

But I guess in the long run it is good because that gives me a few more days to fantasize about being the winner. ha ha

Love, Teri
Teri Wilson ~ Romancing the pet lover's soul

www.teriwilson.net

Coming Soon - Do You Hear What I Hear?, Book One of Hoofbeats & Heartstrings

Hoofbeats & Heartstrings - Read a book, fall in love, save a horse!
Hoomi
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Hoomi »

Heh... I'll have to see if I can put together a decent synopsis this morning while at work - PLUS getting my regular column for Collector Times written so my editor doesn't go into meltdown wondering where all her writers are.

If things stay quiet here at the Bomb Factory this morning, I'll see what I can do.
“It is the artist who realizes that there is a supreme force above him and works gladly away as a small apprentice under God's heaven.” ~ Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

When I pestered Deb last night, she said she had requested the cut off to be midnight FW time -which is EST.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Hoomi
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Hoomi »

Cool; that gives me a few hours, at least. I need to go run some errands this afternoon, and then I'll get on the computer and see what I can hammer out.

I'm certainly not holding my breath, but what the heck. My chances of actually winning may not be great, but they'll be much better than if I didn't enter at all.

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”