Chased by lightening!

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

Kristen Hester
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Kristen Hester »

I am so happy you did not loose your story!

This week I had trouble with my laptop. The Dell people thought it was my hard drive and when testing it they reset my computer to Friday. It was Tuesday when they did this. I lost everything I had written over the weekend--about 4 chapters. It turns out my Instawrite CD program was causing the problem so when I was trying to save my story to disc, the computer would shut down. I only had to remove the program and save it to disc the normal way. If they'd only figured this out before I lost a weekend worth of work!

I change my characters' names often. Do you have a "Find and Replace" feature on your word processing program? It is very helpful and then you don't have to hunt and search.

Speaking of characters, is KatieScarlet after my favorite character, the famous O'Hara?

My Profile

Teach your child like he will be here forever but love your child like it is his last day.
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

Woowoo, Linda! Sounds like that could be a story itself! Glad you're in, my friend!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
KatieScarlet
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by KatieScarlet »

Kristen: Yep :P KSO herself.
I'll look for that change feature on my computer. It hasn't been apparent before.

Joanne: Thanks. I hope all who are racing to the finish line make it too. :)

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”