To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Articles FOR Children

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

JackieG
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Articles FOR Children

Postby JackieG » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:52 am

I put out a free publication (paper, not online) every month that goes all over the US. (350 copies) I expect to get some of my material here at FaithWriter's.

I have a teen's page and a child's page. Does anyone know if there is a category here just for writings TO children, not ABOUT children? I usually have a coloring page and then a poem geared to grade-school children or some usful information with a moral. I prefer articles, etc. with as little as 100 and not more than 650 words.

Also the teen slot here is mighty slim. I have tried to find a general writing list, but so far all I find is the newest general listings. Where are all those for sale listings?
Philippians 4:8 "...whatsoever things are of a good report...think on these things."

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 am

Jackie, I know that teen oriented material is very slim. It is getting a little better though. Todd Tribble writes some very good material for teenagers, as does Dan Blankenship. Not necessarily free reprint material though.

We have an occasional children's section in FaithWriters' Magazine, The Tree House, but once again, it's a fairly slim section. You are most likely to find stories for children mixed in with the Short Stories section.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

KarenE

Postby KarenE » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:36 am

Jackie, I have a couple of children's stories that you could use. :) And I have quite a few Word Searches based on themes of the Bible that I made for my kids a couple of years back. You are welcome to those as well. :) Added to that, I have some very cute photos of kids that I'd be willing to let you use as well, if you are interested. :)

Love, :)
Karen Elengikal - K3

Heaven Scent
Kidz Battle Zone
Godinspired PhotoArt
Website Design
My FW Profile

Soaking in the GLORY - Releasing the FIRE!

BirdieCourtright

Postby BirdieCourtright » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:42 am

Ooooh, Karen! I love your tagline!

KarenE

Postby KarenE » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:37 am

Hi Birdie! Thank you. :) It's from an old Challenge entry: http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article-level3-previous.php?id=4554

There's nothing like having Him capture our hearts!!!

Love, :)
Karen Elengikal - K3

Heaven Scent
Kidz Battle Zone
Godinspired PhotoArt
Website Design
My FW Profile

Soaking in the GLORY - Releasing the FIRE!

JackieG

Postby JackieG » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21 am

Karen and Birdie........I pm'd both of you but have not gotten a reply. If you are still interested.....pm me.

~Jacquelyn
Philippians 4:8 "...whatsoever things are of a good report...think on these things."

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion