To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

I leaped into the 500

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

Soren2007
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

I leaped into the 500

Postby Soren2007 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi all!
“Get to work. Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair.” ~Dillard.

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Very cool!!! :) welcome!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:06 pm

Yay! Welcome to the 500! :P

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 pm

Cool!! Welcome!

glorybee

Postby glorybee » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Soren, I'm the person who selects pieces from 500 members for the Front Page Showcase, and I'm also one of the assistant editors for FW Magazine. I'd love to look at some of your pieces; unfortunately, I don't know your name!

My list of 500 members is arranged alphabetically by first name, and I'd rather not scan the whole list of 500 names for "Soren" as a last name--especially since I don't know if that even is your last name! LOL

If you'd rather not post it here in the public forums, please feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM.
Jan Ackerson

Soren2007

Postby Soren2007 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 pm

glorybee wrote:Soren, I'm the person who selects pieces from 500 members for the Front Page Showcase, and I'm also one of the assistant editors for FW Magazine. I'd love to look at some of your pieces; unfortunately, I don't know your name!

My list of 500 members is arranged alphabetically by first name, and I'd rather not scan the whole list of 500 names for "Soren" as a last name--especially since I don't know if that even is your last name! LOL

If you'd rather not post it here in the public forums, please feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM.

Ah, the 'all-clear hinting' & 'brick throwing' have let my cat out of the bag anyhow. I picked the name before I knew what all went on here. I've enjoyed myself greatly these last couple of weeks and couldn't resist plunging into the 500. My name is Tom Skene, and Soren Kierkegaard (SK) is my favorite writer and wrote under many pseudonyms, so I thought it an appropriate tribute...in review it probably would have been best to pick Skene as a name, but I'm enjoying being Soren Jr. for now!

As for reviewing my work, I'm new overall and don't have much out there. I did see that March has a subject of Justice and I touched on this in my last Challenge entry 'Jonah: Witness on a Hook', commenting that he wanted "justice over love" and the whole poem revolves around the topic. Ah, but it wasn't a Top 5 in Beginners, so it may need some work. I actually placed 15th in Beginners last week with 'My Sister, Socrates', which was my first entry ever! How exciting to place at all with so many good writers here. Haven't seen whether I made the top 15 this week, but it was a fun poem to write regardless.

A question for you...I deleted my first IM and I'm afraid I didn't know how to handle IM and deleted a message I shouldn't have. Would you do me a favor and send me a test IM? So lonely with '0' right now! :cry: Also, can I retrieve a deleted message? (never read it, at least I don't think so! sure hope it wasn't an offer. :!: ).

Thanks for the welcoming and for this website and community being in existence at all. I'm an overflow of ideas person who needs to work on tidying up his writing, so let me know how I can be of assistance to FW. I have a whole lot of articles that need editing prior to publishing in the Articles section, but will be adding more soon.

~Tom
“Get to work. Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair.” ~Dillard.

witness4Him
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby witness4Him » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Welcome to the 500.

Return to New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)