To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Need Help--Very Short Testimonies

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: itsjoanne, RedBaron, Shann

China rose
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby China rose » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:49 am

I spent hundreds of dollars on a 'creative writing' hobby course, the reason being simply to provide myself with the accountability of completing regular writing assignments and a distant tutor to give feedback. That really hurt the bank balance! Honestly, the accountability and feedback I've received at FaithWriters have already far outweighed that of the correspondence course I did. To contribute a little to the maintenance of this site and therefore this community of FaithWriters is the least I can do. And besides, it is such a small regular deduction from my bank account that it doesn't hurt anyway.
Suzanne

steady
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Testimonies

Postby steady » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Hi Deb,

I posted the following just prior to reading your note on testimonies for the 500. If you still need some, use what you want of mine if it fits your criteria.

Hello! Just wanted to let you know that I joined the 500. I made this decision after spending about five weeks perusing the forums, writing for the weekly challenge, and reading so many incredible entries in the weekly challenge. When one considers the fact that a frightening percentage of the internet is given over to trash, it really is important to support a site that is used to the Glory of God! Thank you for this opportunity and the encouragement to write, write, write! :0)
http://www.anun-civilwar.blogspot.com

Man tries to whittle away with words, wounds that have no ears; when the only salve is the passage of time and the healing balm of tears.

Matthew 4:19 And He said unto them, "Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men."

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:12 am

Steady, thanks for that encouragement. :D

And Pup, your new piccy is sooo cute. (poor little fellow--wonder what he did?)

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:11 pm

FW's and its members have truly been a blessing in my life, and without a doubt, will do the same for others that find this jewel in cyberspace. A passion for writing burst into my life because of this wonderful place. So by gladly becoming a 500 member I'm helping to hold on to the good thing that I've found and ensuring that it is around for others to find in the future.

<><
George
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Mid

Postby Mid » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:40 pm

FaithWriters goes far beyond being a great writing site for Christians--it is a community of dedicated, passionate, and loyal members, who reach out and support one another, whether old or new. My skills have improved, and my writing has taken on a deeper meaning in the short time I've been here. I joined the 500 Club, because I wanted to give back to show my appreciation. It is my hope and prayer that FaithWriters will exceed Scott's vision and bring blessings to many more.
Make every word count~Mtt.12:37

New Website
The Israel Connection
Twitter

inspiration2jms
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Why

Postby inspiration2jms » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:46 pm

Unfortunately, I am not a 500 member. Although I think that it is well worth it and provided at a reasonable cost, I am unable to afford it at this time. We often live on less than $90 a week in the winter months. However, I have found that this is a wonderful place to visit when I am feeling frustrated, depressed or just need to connect to others that share my faith.

Also, as a minister, there are times that I can come here and as I am drifting through the stories I can almost hear the Lord whispering in my ear, urging me to look at a particular submition. It has happened that I have found the theme to some of my services here when they are most needed.

A wonderful service that I will take full advantage of when I am able.
If a person shows you who they are, Believe Them!

Who cares what they call you, it's what you answer to that counts.

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Inspirations, you've blessed and encouraged me today. Thanks so much. I really hope that FaithWriters will continue to bless you.

Love, Deb

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:31 pm

Now that's the sort of testimony I love to hear!

That's great.

Love, Deb

Previous

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion