To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

How God Provides - Winners Here Now!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

How God Provides - Winners Here Now!

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am

Thank you to all who entered. Our sponsor was very grateful for all the great entries. Anytime we tell the world "How God Provides" for us we are testifing to His greatness. God will use all of the good seeds these articles have planted on the internet for His Glory! You are all winners. :thankssign

First Place - $150 in paid writing assignments, entry posted on 100 Christian blogs
and to Harriett Ford

How God Provides What Santa Cannot
By Penny R. Koontz as told to Harriett Ford

Little did I know that God would provide in such a startling way that Christmas of 1991, nor could I have dreamed He would change the course of my entire life.

The homeless shelter was in a remote area of Texas, pitch black at night except for the light of a lonesome train passing by. I had just taken over the property, planning to serve God for one year to thank Him that I could walk again after polio's crippling effects.

With 42 youngsters, 30 adults, no money, and few ornaments, our holiday season looked rather bleak.

“Miss Penny, how will Santa find us way out here?” The children asked while decorating the tree.
“Let's sing,” I suggested. A few weak voices began singing a carol. “Come on,” I urged, “Put your heart into it.” They upped the volume, and just as I was getting into the inspirational words of the song, all singing stopped. I turned to see Santa in full costume walking through the door. He whispered to me as he passed by, “Heard you might need a Santa. I'm on my way to a party and thought I'd stop here first.”

Mr. Claus delighted the children, taking them one at a time on his knee and hearing their Christmas wishes. But to my dismay, each child asked for a bike. After he left, the reality of somehow making 42 bikes appear hit me. “Lord, how will I ever get that many bikes when just getting enough food for these people is stretching my faith?”

I certainly knew good Bible verses about how God provides abundantly and exceedingly. But I would never have guessed how specifically God, and not Santa, was about to show up.
Soon articles started appearing in the newspaper. Word spread. People brought warm clothes, toiletries, and other items, and yes, the bikes started arriving to be assembled in our “secret workshop.”

Christmas morning arrived and oh, the bikes…bikes everywhere. Eventually exhausted after all the gift-giving, laughter, ribbons, and tears of joy, I decided to head for my room for a needed rest.

As I headed out on the dirt path, I heard little feet running behind. “Miss Penny, Miss Penny!” Five-year-old Cedric caught up to me, his cheeks streaked with tears. I knelt on the dirt drive to see what troubled him.

“What is it Cedric? Why are you crying, honey?” I asked.

“I didn't git me no bike! I told Santa I wanted a purple two-wheeler, but Santa didn’t git me no bike!”

Dismayed, I groaned inwardly, how could we have been off by one bike!
Looking into those tear-filled eyes, I asked, “Cedric, honey, did you ask Jesus for a bike?”

"No, Miss Penny, I asked Santa.”

“Well, that explains it," I said. “You see, Santa Claus is a story about Christmas. He's a one-day wonder. But Jesus is the true Gift and the gift-giver. He hears you when you pray. What I am telling you are quotes to live by, so let’s talk to Him about this."

Cedric got on his knees beside me and made quite a noisy plea to Jesus ending with a request for a purple two-wheeler.

After the amen, I looked up to see dust from a pickup heading along the drive toward us. It pulled to a stop and a man stepped out.

“Sorry I'm late,” he said, “I meant to come yesterday, but our children made a surprise visit. Can anyone use this?” He lifted a brand new purple two-wheeler from the pickup's bed and placed it right in front of little Cedric.

Woman of 'great faith' that I am, I stood there absolutely speechless and simply watched as God made Himself real to a delighted child. I never got the name of the man.

The joy of that moment is as fresh in my heart today as it was that morning. And because of that joy, I have continued ministering to homeless adults and children at Jacob's House at Thunder Ranch, helping more than 8,000 individuals and hundreds of youngsters find a future with hope.

I am praying for all who read this story that you also get your purple bike, whatever it may be. Healing for your body, peace for your mind, and comfort for your heart . . . that only Jesus can bring.

Harriett Ford
Gold member # 53151
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164443
http://www.harriettford.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/harriettbarnettford

Second Place - $75 paid writing assignment to Phyllis Stokes

How God Provides Rest

Bamm! The metal door slammed shut just as Michael dosed off to sleep. He sat straight up in bed. I could see he was trying to figure out where he was. Over a year had passed since the fire. Michael was still recovering in the nursing home, slash rehabilitation center from anoxic brain injury. At 33 years old, he was like a child again in some ways; in others, as stubborn as an old man.
Propped up in a tattered speckled recliner in his room, I had been waiting for him to dose off long enough for me to slip out for the night. It was easier to leave while he slept—for him and for me. He had been half asleep, fully clothed, including his coat.
“Son, let’s go ahead and get you washed up and in your PJs for the night.”
“Whhy, mom-ma?” Confusion framed his expression. “Where… aam I?” His words came out slower since the accident. He paused and looked around as if seeing the room for the first time.
“I doon’t… live here!”
I cleared my throat trying to remove the pain I felt for him from my voice. “Son, this is where you live for now.”
“But whyyy can’t I live wheere yoou live?”
He didn’t realize, we were both far from home. We had come to the area seeking a place that specialized in brain injury. Strangers had temporarily taken me. I was always searching for an inspirational word to get through one of his moments.
“Things will work out soon, son.”
He wrapped his overcoat tight and crawled back into bed.

Michael’s mind constantly perceived the noise outside his room as danger. He consistently declined therapy, food, showers and medication. There was conversation about moving him to the nursing home section because he was no longer participating in therapy.
I needed to get him home where he could spend his energy healing instead of protecting himself. I spoke with the department heads. They agreed to discharge, but warned me that accessible housing was rare find in the area and could take a year.
“We don’t have a year!” I objected, desperate to get some form of normality back.” I was thinking in time for Christmas.”
“But this is October 1st,” said the discharge planner.
“I know. I will find it myself if I have to.” I began looking immediately… and found nothing. If anything could help me stay positive, a good bible verse could. I kept my bible close and reminded myself often of how God had provided for us so far.

One morning I found an ad that caught my attention. Open House Today, New Apartments with 1, 2 and ½ bedrooms available. That’s strange? I picked up the phone to call, mostly out of curiosity. The realtor, Dawn answered.
“I think you made a typo in your ad.” I said.
“Thanks for bringing that to my attention.” She chuckled. ‘So, are you coming to the open house?”
“No. I’m looking for an accessible apartment. I just called to tell you about the mistake.”
“We have accessible apartments.”
“Are you serious?!!!”
“4 units.”
Scribbling some directions on a crumpled napkin, I hurried out the door. Dawn told me the first contractor abandoned the project and a new contractor had just decided to finish it.
“When will they be ready?”
“Around the first of the year.”
“Hmmm…. Any chance you would allow someone to move in earlier?”
“How early?”
“December?”
“But, we’ll still be doing construction in December.”
“I really needed a home for my son… as quick as possible.”
“Well…you’ll need two month’s rent plus the deposit.”
Knowing it was more than I had, I continued my appeal. “I’m really trusting God to make a way for us.”
Her forehead wrinkled. Clearly, she didn’t understand my Christian dogma.
“I guess I could talk to the owners.”
In a few days, Dawn called. “The owner will let you move in December and since we will still be doing construction, there’s no first month’s rent.”
Hers words were fresh air in my lungs. We moved into our apartment on December 1st. It wasn’t until later in the evening when I knew Michael finally felt the peace that comes from being home.

I was reclining in the speckled chair when I heard him coming toward the living room. He rolled himself to threshold and peeked around the corner. I looked up to see him completely undressed, down to his underwear. He smiled.
“G-good night, mom…ma.”

Phyllis Stokes
Member #16165
Platinum Member 500
http://oneroadleadshome.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/phyllis.walkerstokes/notes

Best Silver - one year Gold membership to Edith Edremoda

HOW GOD PROVIDES – A MOTHER’S PRAISE
A pool of crimson liquid flowed on the bathroom floor,
A wife cries out in pain,
“Oh Lord please not again,” she prays,
Three times before she had lost them,
Unable to carry them to term,
What does that make her?
A woman with flaws?
Each time she lost them; she cried in pain and prayed in faith,
Drawing strength from inspirational bible verses,
Believing that the next time, he or she will stay,
Alas! It was not to be,
Insults and jeers from people,
Questioning the Christian Dogma, ‘that God is forever faithful’
They say she is not a woman,
In-laws laugh and scorn,
Friends sneer from behind,
Now finally, the fourth time, he stays beyond six months,
She believes and hopes,
But again she bleeds because of medical reasons,
‘Lord please let him stay’ she prays.
Weeks later, she is told she is fine,
But still fear grips her heart,
Three months left, will he stay?
Living daily on inspirational words from the bible she waits,
One, Two, Three months pass,
Finally the time has come,
The pains of childbirth grips her,
With joy she embraces it,
Today the Lord will make her a mother,
The loud cries of her baby,
Wipes away her tears,
After three miscarriages, behold the Lord has blessed her with a child,
Her grateful heart sings in joy,
Taste and see how God provides,
For those who trust in him.
Holding her son for the first time, she christens him,
“AYIRIORITSE” meaning Praise be to God………

Edith Edremoda
Member # 63450
Silver
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164124
http://edithedremoda.wordpress.com/2013 ... rs-praise/
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorEdithEdre

Original Contest rules and all entries below here.

Important - To enter this contest you must first go here http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.html
to learn the guidelines for these contests in general. Please check it out even if you have entered these contests before. Watch the short videos on link building, we have made it super simple. Then you can come back to this forum and get the specifics to enter this contest.

Today we start a contest that will promote a Christian website and ministry. http://www.howgodprovides.com/. We envision some very heartfelt articles for this project.

Guidelines

1. 750 words or less
2. Post the article in our regular articles section and two other places.
2. Use and link three to five keywords from our list

Specific Keywords selected by our sponsor for this contest

a) "How God Provides" - THIS KEYWORD PHRASE MUST BE IN ALL POSTS. It is suggested that it be used in your title and in the body also - Example: How God Provides for His Children

b) Christian dogma

c) Inspirational Bible verses

d) Good Bible verses

e) Inspirational words

f) Meaningful quotes

g) Quotes to live by

URL/Page the keywords need to point/link too is - http://www.howgodprovides.com/

3.FIRM Deadline is 12:00 pm (est)New York Time 11-29-13.

4. The sponsors website title "How God Provides" gives you a rich environment to write a heart felt article. How has God provided for you personally when you needed it the most? When you did not expect it?

Catchy title, imaginative and unique article that will hold a readers interest and get them to click on one of the links to our sponsor. Dialogs are great and a lot of fun to write. Read the winner in God Speaks to get a great idea on dialogs viewtopic.php?f=92&t=36826.

Review the winning articles in the other contests. They are always listed as the first three articles in closed contests that indicate "Winners Here Now". viewforum.php?f=92

Questions like - How to create contextual links and where to post my articles and others are answered in the following link. If you have competed in these contests before you will notice there is not a list of pre-linked keywords. This is because it is so simple to link words to a URL in the Regular Articles Rich Text Editor. Watch the video on linking here - http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.html.

Here is the regular article rich text editor - http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/submitRTE.php

Prizes

Best Gold or Platinum member entry: Two paid writing assignments up to 1,000 words each commissioned by HowGodProvides.com at paid at $75.00 each ($150 total) Plus FaithWriters will post the winning article on 100 Christian Blogs.

Second Best Gold or Platinum member entry: One paid writing 1,000 word or less assignment from HowGodProvides.com for $75.

Best Silver entry: One year Gold membership at FaithWriters.

God Bless, Mike
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: NEW CONTEST - How God Provides - Blog Contest

Postby tomoral » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:13 am

How God Provides For This Bird In The Air

As Christians most of us are familiar with one of the most inspirational Bible verses ever written:

“Look at the birds in the air. They do not reap or sow or gather into barns, yet God provides for them. How much more valuable are you to God?”

Before I came to know Christ, I lived my life pretty much as a bird in the air. I didn't sow much of anything, yet God always provided me with much more than I deserved to reap. I grew up poor in the way of material things, but as I remember it now God always made a way for me. I never went hungry, I was never homeless, and always had every necessity in life.

The most amazing thing is that I wasn't even a Christian at the time. I lived a sinful life. I know now God had great plans for me, and He knew I would one day find my way to Him. He knew what my future held for me. I did not. Had I known that one day when I was facing almost certain death God would come and save my life as well as my soul, I would have never believed it.

Cancer almost took my life four years ago. When I was given this dire prognosis by the doctors I thought my life was over. After years of living a sorrowful life and wishing I could die, I suddenly wanted to live. So I began to pray, and Jesus came to me in the middle of the night as I lay in the hospital. His gentle voice spoke to me, whispering inspirational words such as 'I love you, Lynn,' and 'I am with you, so do not be afraid.'

That was the point in which my life took a most glorious turn. I found the love I had been searching for all of my lonely life. Forgiveness for a sinful past was mine through a beautiful relationship with Jesus Christ. A heart that was once full of resentment and anger filled up with love and compassion for everyone around it. That compassion even spilled over to those who had treated me badly in the past. They simply do not know Christ.

God not only gave the will to live and the ability to love, He also gave me a strong desire to become a writer. I have found my calling at long last to write what a miracle I am and how God provides for those who choose to follow His way of life. I never thought I could be a writer, but here I am, writing for all the world to see what my Savior had intended for me to be all along.

These days I have all I ever wanted, and more. I don't have much money, but I have all I need. I don't have a new car, but I don't need one. My old one runs like a top. I don't own a fancy home, but I have a nice place to live. I can't think of anything I need that God has not provided for me.

Yes, this bird in the air is now a sparrow that has found a house. A house in which my soul lives, loves, thrives, and reaps. Dear Lord, how it reaps! My house is built on a solid foundation. My faith is my foundation, and God will always provide a way for me as long as I trust and believe in Him. God Bless!

Lynn Gipson
ID# 57394

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=163943

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

http://lynntomoralgipson.wordpress.com/ ... n-the-air/
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Stacy Moore
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Stacy Moore » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 pm

How God Provides

God is the answer to every need we have. He has a plan and purpose for everyone's life. Whether the need is emotional, physical, spiritual, or financial. God provides all these types of needs and I have persoanlly experienced Him supply each one. An inspirational Bible verse is Phillipians 4:19 "And My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

There have been times that I was emotionally a mess. Times when I let my emotions control me. I would let my self get down and depressed thinking everything is hopeless. I couldn't seem to feel excitement or joy for anything. Then God intervened through an inspirational word from a friend or family member, a song on the radio, a sermon at church, or act of kindness from a stranger. A verse that helped me get through some of the darkest times in my life was Psalm 55:22 where it says, "Cast your cares upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be forsaken."

God provides for our physical needs as well. Our bodies need nourishing food and water to survive. God has blessed me with those needs. I have also prayed for healing when sick and protection for me and my family and witnessed the fruits of those prayers. God wants us to prosper and be in good health even as our soul prospers. ( I John 3:2) God cares when we aren't in good physical health. We are more effective for the cause of Christ when we are not weak in our physical bodies. Just as parents are unhappy when their children are sick, God wants to see us whole body, soul, and spirit. (1 Thessalonians5:23)

Spiritually, God provides what we long for in our spirits. We are spirit beings and God is spirit. It is through our spirits that God communicates to us through the power of the Holy Spirit. There is a desire within everyone that only God can fulfill. We can try to fill that void with a lot of different things that will never satisfy. We can try to work our way happy. We think that if we are wealthy then contentment will be reached. If we marry the right person then they will give us what we are longing for. People also believe they can shop their way to peace. All these things are temporary. God offers everlasting peace that passes all understanding.

God also knows we have financial needs. These needs he longs to supply us with. God's Word says that if we will seek His Kingdom first then all these things will be added to us. (Matthew6:33) What is "all these things" these are all the things we need in life, including the finances we need to thrive. It is important to realize that we shouldn't put money in a wrong place in our lives, but if we put God first then he will supply our needs. This includes financial needs. We need money to support our families and to help others. It is also important that we don't have a greedy spirit in regards to money, but we also give to those in need. In Luke 6:38, "Give and it shall be given to you: good measure, shaken together, and running over will be out into your bosom, For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

God provides for us in ways we could have never hope for or imagine. God is a powerful God. There is no need that he can't handle. There is no problem too big or too small. He is a Miracle Worker, Healer, Deliverer, Provider, Way-Maker, and a Mountain Mover. If God be for us then who can be against us!

Stacy Moore
marbletilemoore@gmail.com
ID#61867
Silver

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164032

http://stacy-moore2.zapd.com/thu-oct-24-2013

http://smoore7695.blogspot.com/2013/10h ... ovide.html

potterswheelministry
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby potterswheelministry » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 pm

How God Provides for us Even When We Doubt!
By: Cynthia Peoples

It was March 5th, 2001. I saw Dr. Nawar walking down the hospital corridor headed in my direction. I could tell by the look on his face the news wasn’t good.
“He’s got a baseball size tumor in his stomach”, he said. And I hit the floor.
“No, you don’t understand,” I cried, “He’s the very best thing that has ever happened to me!”

18 months later, my husband, William, lay on the hospital bed that Hospice had placed in our living room just two weeks earlier. His breathing became labored and he sounded like a fish out of water gasping for air. I pulled my chair up closer to his bed and grabbed his hand.
“I love you hon,” I said as I leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. He couldn’t answer me but he squeezed my hand and one single tear fell from his eye….and he took his last breath.

I had no idea how I was going to survive without him and didn’t even want to for so long! Then finally I remembered how God had provided for us during that difficult time and how people would always ask me, “How do you do it?”
And I would reply, “God gives me the strength to do what I have to do every day.”

I eventually had to give up my nursing classes and my job so I could care for him 24/7 and had no idea how we were going to make it financially. I remember each time I sat down to pay our bills I would take out my checkbook and ask God to bless it and supply our needs and He did…..ALWAYS!

But there were so many times during that time that I doubted God’s provision. But He never failed me then and still doesn’t to this day! I’ve never gone without a roof over my head, clothes on my back, or without food! And sometimes it takes a tragedy such as the death of a loved one to realize that we have our priorities all mixed up! God gives us the very breath we breathe every day and we should rejoice and be glad in it! We may not always have what we want, but God does provide us with what we need when we need it.

The website www.howgodprovides.com is an excellent site to overcome doubt of God’s provision or any other struggle we may be facing throughout our day. They offer a variety of good bible verses and articles and stories filled with inspirational words to encourage and support all believers.

God’s word should be our roadmap to follow along our Christian journey day by day. And good positive thoughts can replace negativity, fear, and doubts as we let the Holy Spirit guide us along our way. God uses a variety of different avenues to bless us, encourage us and strengthen us as we strive to grow in Him and through Him. And sometimes even simple quotes to live by like the ones you can find at www.howgodprovides can feed and lift our spirits. We only have to allow God to help us overcome doubt by replacing it with spiritual food.

And sometimes just remembering a simple quote to live by can help and remind us to stay focused on Christ as we go through each and every day, one day at a time, and sometimes one step at a time!

So when in doubt concerning God’s provision just look to His word and realize that you are never alone. God is with you, He loves you, and He will provide for you!

Cynthia Peoples
Member#63304
Platinum
http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my website.php?id=63304
http://cynthiagalepeoples.blogspot.com
posting

Edithedre
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Edithedre » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm

HOW GOD PROVIDES – A MOTHER’S PRAISE
A pool of crimson liquid flowed on the bathroom floor,
A wife cries out in pain,
“Oh Lord please not again,” she prays,
Three times before she had lost them,
Unable to carry them to term,
What does that make her?
A woman with flaws?
Each time she lost them; she cried in pain and prayed in faith,
Drawing strength from inspirational bible verses,
Believing that the next time, he or she will stay,
Alas! It was not to be,
Insults and jeers from people,
Questioning the Christian Dogma, ‘that God is forever faithful’
They say she is not a woman,
In-laws laugh and scorn,
Friends sneer from behind,
Now finally, the fourth time, he stays beyond six months,
She believes and hopes,
But again she bleeds because of medical reasons,
‘Lord please let him stay’ she prays.
Weeks later, she is told she is fine,
But still fear grips her heart,
Three months left, will he stay?
Living daily on inspirational words from the bible she waits,
One, Two, Three months pass,
Finally the time has come,
The pains of childbirth grips her,
With joy she embraces it,
Today the Lord will make her a mother,
The loud cries of her baby,
Wipes away her tears,
After three miscarriages, behold the Lord has blessed her with a child,
Her grateful heart sings in joy,
Taste and see how God provides,
For those who trust in him.
Holding her son for the first time, she christens him,
“AYIRIORITSE” meaning Praise be to God………

Edith Edremoda
Member # 63450
Silver
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164124
http://edithedremoda.wordpress.com/2013 ... rs-praise/
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorEdithEdre

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Moved here by Mike.

In January 1976 I drove to school Lynchburg, VA. I saved a $150.00 for school, and I had a full tank of gas. I thought I was ready for school, anything else that I would need would be by faith. I would need to drive 320 miles. When I got to Lynchburg I had used ¾ tank of gas. It was late maybe 7 pm, I was not sure what to do so I call the school, and they suggested I go to a motel for the night. Now I was beginning to worry, I had $150 to my name, and did not know what I needed to get into school. I only had a ¼ tank of gas left. I went to the motel that cost was $10.00 a night. I never paid $25.00 a month. I laid in bed that night praying, and complaining. "Lord" I prayed, "I only have $150, and now I have less money, and I don't know what I am going to do, if I stay in the motel very many nights I will be broke." Worried, and not sure what I would do. I pray again, help me Lord.
The next morning I was lying in bed praying, then it seems like the Lord said to me. I drove 320 miles, and still had a ¼ tank of gas. I thought to myself, you big dummy, God did not call you to go to school to die, He will take of you. Trust Me, I will take care of you. So I said OK I will try.

The next day I drove to the school to enroll. They said I could stay at the school dorms in the downtown for $1.00 a night for two nights. God was already working on my behalf. I ate at the dorm, and I talk to the other students about where I could find a place to live.

God led me to the right student, because he said I could rent a room dirt cheap. I said dirt cheap to me was $25 a month. I went to check it out, and the student was right. Tom was the man I went to see.

Tom was a bachelor living in a house by himself with about 6 bedrooms. I talk to him about a room. He asks how much I could pay, I said I don't know, you tell me how much, and I will tell you if I can pay. He said, “will $25 a month be too much.” I said, “No, I will take it.”

In two days God provided me with everything I needed to get started in school.
Warren M Rice
Member # 41121
Platinum
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorWMR
https://plus.google.com/u/0/102655562406777170242/posts

Caleb Cheong
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Caleb Cheong » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 pm

How God provides for my family.

It was a sultry Friday afternoon at the basement of a block of flats in Woodlands, Singapore. I was reflecting on how life had been despite the loss of a well-liked job recently. Overall, life had been reasonably satisfactory, and every need had been met through past savings. But, there was this bugging feeling that how this provision was going to be sustained. Well-meaning friends preached to me that ‘God helps those who help themselves.” Others even lectured me on a popular adage ‘there is no such thing as a free lunch’, compounded by “ no one owes you a living.

Suddenly, the cacophony of these inner voices was drowned out by the ringing of my mobile. It seemed like a rude interruption to my internal dialogue when I answered the call.

“ Hi! Is that Caleb? I’m Anna. Dave's mentioned that you’re free to teach as a supply English teacher, right?”

“ That’s right! “ I paused for split second as the news sounded too good to be true. “ When do you expect me to start?”

“1st April, this coming Monday, how about that?” Surely, this couldn’t be an April Fool Day for me, I was amused and even slightly bemused by all the excitement.

“Yes, that’s fine for me. I’ll take up the assignment. ” I floated out of a reverie and back to the real world.

I had remembered stating that this was a crisis that I must come to grips with. There must be an important lesson to learn that I did not want to miss it again. Previously, I quit a teaching post prematurely. But, this particular time, I want The Lord to guide me, and I am still following Him. I have determined to view life circumstances as being engineered by Him as “the step of a good man is ordered by the Lord.” (Psalm 37:23)

For the past weeks, I had been participating in a parenting skills course organized by my church. To acquire some tips to touch base with my two teen-age daughters and hone the skills essential to a father was my ultimate concern. Networking for a job was farthest from my mind. Providentially, my regular group discussion partners turned out to be Dave and his wife Sally. During the discussions, we were so engrossed with the topics which bombarded us that we hardly interacted deeply with each other. It must be God’s provision that the question of our vocation popped out of the conversation at the end of the course. He explained that he was a Math teacher in a neighborhood secondary school, and declared to me that the school was sourcing for an adjunct English teacher to coach the weakest students. Dave affirmed me that I was the person they had been looking for as the previous substitute teacher was not a trained English teacher and he had given up ‘baby-sitting’ the students. I had not revealed to anybody about my plight, yet our God provides for my financial need through Dave. Jehovah-Jireh-The Lord -Will Provide (Genesis 22:14).

It’s no wonder that Jesus reminds us that our “Father knows the things that you have need of before you ask Him” (Matthew 6:8) Peter penned these words: “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7). What an apt reminder that in times of hardships, difficulties, and anxieties we have Someone who cares deeply for us. We can turn confidently to Him in our time of need for God will surely provides

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me – Don Moen

There is no need to fear, our God who provides is always near.

Incidentally, if you find the Bible verses and the quotes in this testimony meaningful and encouraging, you may visit http://www.howgodprovides.com/ which provides you more articles about how God provides for His people, more inspirational words, and [quote]quotes to live by. Perhaps, you want to deepen or understand the Christian faith better, Christian Dogma will be the right place for you. http://www.howgodprovides.com/christian-dogma-what-must-all-christians-agree-on/

Caleb Cheong Member # 12559 Platinum

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164424
https://www.facebook.com/HowGodProvides ... 7084294120
http://calebcheongzjl.blogspot.sg/
Last edited by Caleb Cheong on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Posted here by Mike

How God Provides What Santa Cannot
By Penny R. Koontz as told to Harriett Ford

Little did I know that God would provide in such a startling way that Christmas of 1991, nor could I have dreamed He would change the course of my entire life.

The homeless shelter was in a remote area of Texas, pitch black at night except for the light of a lonesome train passing by. I had just taken over the property, planning to serve God for one year to thank Him that I could walk again after polio's crippling effects.

With 42 youngsters, 30 adults, no money, and few ornaments, our holiday season looked rather bleak.

“Miss Penny, how will Santa find us way out here?” The children asked while decorating the tree.
“Let's sing,” I suggested. A few weak voices began singing a carol. “Come on,” I urged, “Put your heart into it.” They upped the volume, and just as I was getting into the inspirational words of the song, all singing stopped. I turned to see Santa in full costume walking through the door. He whispered to me as he passed by, “Heard you might need a Santa. I'm on my way to a party and thought I'd stop here first.”

Mr. Claus delighted the children, taking them one at a time on his knee and hearing their Christmas wishes. But to my dismay, each child asked for a bike. After he left, the reality of somehow making 42 bikes appear hit me. “Lord, how will I ever get that many bikes when just getting enough food for these people is stretching my faith?”

I certainly knew good Bible verses about how God provides abundantly and exceedingly. But I would never have guessed how specifically God, and not Santa, was about to show up.
Soon articles started appearing in the newspaper. Word spread. People brought warm clothes, toiletries, and other items, and yes, the bikes started arriving to be assembled in our “secret workshop.”

Christmas morning arrived and oh, the bikes…bikes everywhere. Eventually exhausted after all the gift-giving, laughter, ribbons, and tears of joy, I decided to head for my room for a needed rest.

As I headed out on the dirt path, I heard little feet running behind. “Miss Penny, Miss Penny!” Five-year-old Cedric caught up to me, his cheeks streaked with tears. I knelt on the dirt drive to see what troubled him.

“What is it Cedric? Why are you crying, honey?” I asked.

“I didn't git me no bike! I told Santa I wanted a purple two-wheeler, but Santa didn’t git me no bike!”

Dismayed, I groaned inwardly, how could we have been off by one bike!
Looking into those tear-filled eyes, I asked, “Cedric, honey, did you ask Jesus for a bike?”

"No, Miss Penny, I asked Santa.”

“Well, that explains it," I said. “You see, Santa Claus is a story about Christmas. He's a one-day wonder. But Jesus is the true Gift and the gift-giver. He hears you when you pray. What I am telling you are quotes to live by, so let’s talk to Him about this."

Cedric got on his knees beside me and made quite a noisy plea to Jesus ending with a request for a purple two-wheeler.

After the amen, I looked up to see dust from a pickup heading along the drive toward us. It pulled to a stop and a man stepped out.

“Sorry I'm late,” he said, “I meant to come yesterday, but our children made a surprise visit. Can anyone use this?” He lifted a brand new purple two-wheeler from the pickup's bed and placed it right in front of little Cedric.

Woman of 'great faith' that I am, I stood there absolutely speechless and simply watched as God made Himself real to a delighted child. I never got the name of the man.

The joy of that moment is as fresh in my heart today as it was that morning. And because of that joy, I have continued ministering to homeless adults and children at Jacob's House at Thunder Ranch, helping more than 8,000 individuals and hundreds of youngsters find a future with hope.

I am praying for all who read this story that you also get your purple bike, whatever it may be. Healing for your body, peace for your mind, and comfort for your heart . . . that only Jesus can bring.

Harriett Ford
Gold member # 53151
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164443

harriettford.blogspot.com,

facebook.com/harriettbarnettford

bcoulton
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby bcoulton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

How God Provides in Quarters

As an assistant librarian, I run the cash register at the book fair in our library. Elementary students come in to the fair with cold hard cash, starry eyes wanting to buy it all. When they’ve made their choices and come up to me to purchase their books, their money comes in usually one of two forms. Sometimes I am handed a wad of bills wrapped so tightly that I have to forcibly straighten them out with the heel of my hand so they’ll lay flat in the cash drawer. Other students have clearly shaken empty their piggy bank just for the occasion, which allows all manner of change to spill across the counter as they pay for their SpongeBob book. It takes all kinds.

One particular day, I had quite a line of three-foot high customers waiting to buy their items. I noticed that I was running out of cash in the drawer quickly. It seemed that everyone needed change that morning. I felt a little rise of panic with each transaction because I knew that soon, the register's drawer would be empty and I would be stranded. With an ever impatient line of small shoppers, I couldn't exactly stroll around school looking for small bills and coins. I was going to run out of money long before I ran out of customers.

I had almost made it through when one of the last shoppers came up to the register. I held my breath as I rang up the sale and watched the empty cash drawer spring open. I was hoping against hope that he wouldn’t need change. But, to pay for his three dollar book, he placed a crumpled ten dollar bill in my hand. It sounds crazy, but my eyes welled up for a moment because all the money in the register was gone, and I had no other resource to draw from. I needed seven dollars, and I had absolutely nothing to give this little boy looking at me with hand held out, waiting for his change that I had promised him.

At that very moment, another student burst forth out of the crowd. Breathless and excited, he threw a book on the counter and said, “Here, I want to buy this!” Such inspirational words from a second grader. With that, he produced a Ziploc bag – the preferred wallet of every young child – and shoved it toward me.

I saw quarters. Lots of them.

I started to hope.

The price of the book he wanted to buy? Seven dollars.

The total of the quarters he gave me? Seven dollars.

The amount of change that I needed for that other student…..? Seven dollars.

Those quarters never made it into the cash drawer. Incredulous at the miracle playing out in front of me, I simply transferred the beautiful shiny circles from one student to the other. Help had arrived at the moment I needed it, from a place I wouldn't have expected it.

But I sensed a deeper truth. One that related not only to cash flow but to life in general.

If I hadn’t been in need, I couldn’t have seen the provision.

If I'm never without, I'll never recognize the Source of my supply.

None of us want to be there, in the desperate need, not knowing where the next whatever-it-may-be will come from. Being in need is unattractive, uncomfortable, undesirable. Yet sometimes I must to get to the end of myself, my resources, my abundance in order to be reminded how God provides.

Then my eyes are opened, making me aware. I take time to recall inspirational Bible verses that I’ve read, assuring me that God always supplies all I need.

Then I bow my heart in humble thankfulness, being rescued once again.
Then I get to see, really see, the miracle that comes in quarters.

Beth Coulton
Member #25756
Gold
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164525
http://www.bethcoulton.com/2013/11/how- ... rters.html

marcemuss
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby marcemuss » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 am

HOW GOD PROVIDES: Providence and Covenant

Has God ever provided for you in time of need? Are we even asking the right question? When has God not provided? When is there not a need?

Perhaps the center of this whole train of thought should be God’s providence rather than His provisions, His covenant rather than His supply. A covenant is a binding agreement. In the Bible it refers to God’s promise to the human race; and we can trust that promise because of God’s foreseeing protection and care – that’s providence.

When has God provided for you in time of need? There are times when we don’t see a way out, a way through, a way to make it; and something happens so out of the ordinary, maybe even miraculous, that we marvel at how God provides in a time of need. But one of God’s greatest miracles is He works through humans! We have needs every day. We need food, water, shelter, sleep. We have emotional needs: love, compassion, understanding, discipline. God supplies all of that and more for a very needy, unstable, fickle, and often unlovely creation because He made a covenant with us to provide it.

God started His covenant with His creation long before this generation came along. There was a covenant with Noah, which applied to everyone who came after. “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and everything living around you and everyone living after you.” He put a rainbows in the clouds as a sign of the covenant that never again will floodwaters destroy all life (Genesis 9:12-15).

There was a covenant to give the land from the Nile River in Egypt to the River Euphrates in Assyria – the country of all the “ites” (Kenites, Hittites, Perizzites, Amorites, Canaanites, Jebusites, etc.) – to Abram and all his descendants; and those descendants came after he was ninety-nine years old!

And God remembered that covenant through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to the Hebrew people wandering with Moses through the desert. He “Tabernacled” with them. Where they camped, they set up the tent with the Holy of Holies containing the Ark of the Covenant. When they traveled into the Promised Land the tent – the Tabernacle – went with them; with the Ark of the Covenant leading the way. He gave them the land He promised.

God made a covenant with David and all his descendants. “Your family and your kingdom are permanently secured” (2 Samuel 7:16a). That covenant came all the way down to the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, our Messiah, who secured all the rights of the covenants for us through His death, burial and resurrection. WE are the family, WE are the descendants, WE are now God’s children, His chosen ones, not just His creation.

Our covenant maker saw what we would need and provided “The Way.” Michael W. Smith gave us these inspirational words which say it so well in his song, The Hand of Providence:
Providence, Providence, see it laying down the cornerstone,
The Hand of Providence, it's evident, for we could never make it on our own;
Apportioning the power, weighing all that it entails,
Giving us the fulcrum and a balance to the scales.
Providence, ever since any thesis ever entered man
The Hand of Providence has been our best defense.
Tho' His ways are sometimes hard to understand,
From the dying of a heartbeat to another soul reborn,
From in between and circling our thoughts of love and war.
Oh, the Hand of Providence is guiding us through choices that we make.
Oh, the Hand of Providence is reaching out to help us on our way.

Has God ever provided for you in time of need? A better question is when has He not!

M.C.H. Musser
Member #
Gold
http://sheepproducesheep.wordpress.com/ ... eview=true
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164575

debbieke54
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby debbieke54 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:44 pm

NEVER ALONE
HOW GOD PROVIDES FOR HIS CHILDREN

It had been one of those weeks, the kind of week when one felt like resigning from the human race!

As a single mom to three young children, I spent my days racing from one responsibility to the next. Often arriving a bit a late, a bit disheveled, and a lot frustrated, it seemed my life consisted of one very long to do list.

My children once secure and happy, now greeted me as I arrived to pick them up at after-school care with,

“Mom, I’m hungry” or “Why do we have to stay here so long?” or “I’m tired of this place, why can’t we go home after school like we used to?”

They’d fight as we drove to counseling appointments, grumble when we ate fast food for dinner and cry as they drifted off to sleep.

I felt like a hamster on one those little wheels that turn round and round, yet never get anywhere.

Scrambling to make it to my new job on time, the brakes on my aging car gave out. Though I slid safely into work, I knew the car would have to be towed. Besides figuring out transportation for the next few days, my biggest challenge would be paying for the repairs. My children’s father was contributing little and my only other financial resource was my family. This meant once again asking for help.

My grandparents, ever gracious, paid for the repairs, my brother and his wife, ever willing, provided transportation for a few days. It was a happy day when my little yellow Celica was once again parked in its usual spot in the carport.

Crisis resolved, time to move on, or so I thought.

That evening while sitting at the kitchen table, trying to make sense of the impossible budget in front of me, I heard the little avocado-colored refrigerator I’d once been so proud of, gasp its last breath.

Would all this stress and strain ever end?

I cried, I prayed, I searched my well worn Bible. As always, it brought comfort that went straight to my overburdened heart,

“Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 – NASV)

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6– NASV)

The next day, with shaking hand, I signed for my first credit card purchase as a single woman. I’d been granted just enough to purchase a new refrigerator that would serve our needs. Once again, crisis resolved.

Nevertheless, I felt so alone. This was most certainly not how I had envisioned my life. Although I dearly loved my children and lived to make a wonderful new life for them, I felt overwhelmed and lonely. God seemed ever so far away. What exactly did He have planned for me anyway?

I trudged through the last day of the work week with problems to solve, unhappy children to comfort, and one last appointment to meet.

Arriving home exhausted, I shifted hastily through the mail, expecting only bills and throw away ads. However, a colored envelope caught my attention and I sat down to take a look. As I opened the lovely card, a check fell into my lap. It was for $50. While that amount would never solve all my monetary woes, the unexpected gift brought tears.

A friend from my high school years heard about my life crumbling around me and was sending her love and encouragement and a “little bit” to help out. I will never forget the scripture she included in her note,

“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18 – NIV)

I was not alone, a friend, living in another state, was thinking about me. My Lord sent a reminder that He was close by, and my precious children were always right there to tend and to love.

So we carry on, my Lord and I, as God provides for our needs step by step. He never leaves me alone.

Through all the years of my life, God has brought blessing upon blessing to me; yet I consider receiving that card, check, and scripture verse to be one of my most bountiful blessings ever!

~Deborah Kaye McDade~

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164677

redeemedbyJesus
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby redeemedbyJesus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:15 pm

How God Provides in Emergencies!

“Come and see what God has done, how awesome His works in man’s behalf!” (Psalm 66:5 NKJV)

“Come and listen, (…); let me tell you what God has done for me.” (Psalm 66:16 NKJV)

Inspirational Bible verses with inspirational words and meaningful quotes can help any Christian who’s experienced a house fire or other emergency by providing the words needed to share their testimony.

On May 10, 2013, as Steve and I relaxed in our living room, I smelled smoke.Trying to locate the source, I looked around but couldn’t see anything. Suddenly, hearing “zzzt, zzzt” sounds, I carefully examined a nearby lamp and its electrical connections.

Suddenly we were startled by loud jolt of electricity! Steve isolated the sound to a light fixture on the ceiling in our hallway. Seeing the light was out, Steve tried to open the cover but it was too hot! After retrieving an oven mitt, he pulled the cover down, and we looked inside. Steve saw a small flame burning above the fixture; I saw red, glowing light around the edges. Not knowing what to do, Steve dialed 911.

The 911 operator asked questions, then, told us to get out everyone out of the house. Steve put our dog, Skippy, in the back yard, and we quickly walked out the front door. As I stepped off our porch, I heard someone ask, “Do you need help?” I looked up and saw two bicycle-policemen, who noticed the smoke as they were patrolling the area.

“I think I can make it,” I replied. Then the policemen confirmed that everyone was out of the house, they asked a few questions, and directed us away from danger. Within three minutes, two fire trucks, two patrol cars and an EMT vehicle arrived. I was amazed at how God provides, and how quickly they responded!

I sat on a curb watching smoke roll out of our attic. Steve stood, speaking to our neighbor, who later called some of our church-friends. Shortly afterwards, our friend appeared and offered us help and a place to stay.

Soon firemen climbed a ladder, looked into our attic, and discovered fire in the insulation. They sprayed chemicals to put the fire out. Meanwhile an excessive amount of blown-in insulation suffocated the fire, keeping it from spreading.

Next, firemen went inside, removed pictures from the walls, and laid a tarp on the floor. Then they cut a hole in the ceiling and pulled the burning insulation down onto the tarp. Finally, they carried it outside and hosed it down. Soon the fire was out! Our home was still standing, with only minimal damage!

Because of smoke, strewn insulation, and mess, the firemen recommended we stay somewhere else that night. Thankfully, we had arrangements with our friends. The firemen waited while we packed our bags, but soon received another call and had to leave. Yet one fireman wanted return to shut our power off until it was checked out. Agreeing, we left our door unlocked, retrieved Skippy, and walked to our friend’s home.

The next morning, upon arriving home, I called our insurance company. While waiting, and assessing, we began picking up the mess. That afternoon, we received a check--just in time to cover our expenses for another day. Soon our insurance representative called, and he met with us the following day.

Our insurance paid for two more hotel nights while an electrician checked our power and the crew worked, replacing insulation, staining burnt wood, and cleaning. Soon we came home, even while workers finished their repairs.

One day the adjuster said our 1970’s carpet was burned and needed replaced. I had wanted to replace that carpet for years! Through our insurance, God provided new flooring, and we didn’t have to move furniture. One day, men moved our furnishings into a rental truck, and tore out the old carpet. The next day they installed the flooring. By 9:30 a.m. the following day, our furnishings were back—on beautiful new flooring!

We could have lost everything! Yet, God intervened. As each need came, God met it! Though the food in our freezer and refrigerator was discarded, the insurance reimbursed us. Meanwhile our church, the mission, and the food bank provided. Our insurance provided three hotel nights, meals out, repair of an existing light, new light fixtures and paint in our hallway, and new flooring. My parents provided phone minutes; our church family prayed. During this frightening trial, we saw how God provides!

Robin Ulbredtch
Member#63288
Silver
http://www.faithwriters.com/mywebsite.php?id=63288
http://www.robinscreativeexpressions.com
http://www.fromgodsservantsheart.wordpress.com
Last edited by redeemedbyJesus on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

amilli
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby amilli » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 am

Granting Our Needs Instead of Our Wants, is How God Provides

My overfull bladder woke me up, signaling me to go visit the bathroom. Deciding to carry my six year old nephew along with me, who frequently had midnight accidents, I woke him up and we headed to the stairs. We had just completed the first flight of steps when I realized that someone was already in there. So I decided to wait on the landing between the stairs. That's when a “heebie-jeebie” weird feeling suddenly started invading my being. It was a mixture of dizziness, fatigue, and headache that forced me to lean against the wall for support.

“Are you OK?” My nephew shook my shoulder as he stared down at me. I recognized that I was lying on the ground at the foot of the stairs.

“Did I fall down the stairs?” My head felt heavy as I leaned on a storage container nearby; trying to make sense of what just occurred. He gave the confirmation that I feared. I had definitely fainted and fell down the stairs. The throbbing pain on the right side of my head revealed that I had also suffered a blow.

The following morning, after enduring a series of tests, the doctor informed me that everything was all right. Though he couldn't identify what caused the blackout, he did verify that nothing was broken or out of whack. And no – I wasn't pregnant. Throughout my adult years, meaningful quotes always help lift my spirit in difficult times; this time was no different. This unpleasant experience reminded me of just how God provides.

Before my ordeal, I had the opportunity to share a testimony, but I refused. Why? Because I came up with this execrable excuse that God hasn't answered my prayers for a good job and a car, so I would just wait until He did. I now know I was wrong. We sometimes get cocky and think that God was created to serve us instead of the other way around. When that happens, He has to remind us who's the master and who's the servant. Thank heavens there are good Bible verses to keep us in check. One such verse is from Deuteronomy 10:12 (NIV) which says: “What does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord .... to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul .”

It is important for us to understand that God provides exactly what we need at exactly the right time. It is our duty to accept this reality and be grateful for everything He does–everything. We shouldn’t just wait until we get what we ask for in order to acknowledge His provisions. What we are praying for may be placed on hold so that He can give us what we need to survive. It then dawned on me exactly how God provides. He is not merely sitting in Heaven on-call, waiting on us to dial in our demands. He provides what we need on His timing, in His order. He provides spontaneously, blessing us in ways we least expect. He provides daily in the little things, but we are too distracted waiting for our highfalutin requests to be answered, to notice. Ultimately, God's provisions, no matter how simple it seems, can make the difference between life and death. The website, http://www.howgodprovides.com/, proves to be an invaluable resource to explore God's many provision for us.

There I was, thinking I didn't get what I wanted so nothing else mattered. I had disregarded all that God had already provided and is continuing to provide. But then I fainted, fell down a flight of stairs, and walked away unbroken and with my life. This series of events reminded me that our God provides what works together for our good. He knew that a prestigious job and a car would be totally useless if I am a paraplegic or worse off, dead.

This account is my humble testimony.

There are countless other accounts of God's constant provisions, with the ability to motivate and uplift the weariest soul. Visiting the website will allow the privilege of sharing in the experience of thousands, in addition, this site also carries myriad inspirational Bible verses. It is always relieving to have a nice place to hang out, somewhere we can throw down life's heavy burdens and embrace positivity–even if for a couple of minutes. http://www.howgodprovides.com/ is one such place.

Amelia Brown
Member#: 63192
Platinum

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164777

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID ... c=postname

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=37542
Amelia

My writing is a passion, not a hobby!

Swellzee
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Swellzee » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:46 pm

How God Provides in the Fires of Life
by Lindsey Pitts

The text message read, “My truck is stolen.”

What? That can’t be right. We just moved here a week ago! We NEED that truck to move the 5th wheel we are living in!

It was not a great kick-off to our traveling adventure. I went to pick up my husband at the store where he had last seen his truck. He was speaking with the police officer, who was a bit surprised that this had happened here—right across the street from the police station.

As I sat there in that surreal moment, my mind went to some inspirational words a friend had shared with me years ago. She reminded me of the story of how the silversmith refines his silver. He must heat it up to a specific degree or it will be ruined. If it is too hot, he will burn it. If it is not hot enough, it will still have impurities. The story says that God deals with us the same way. He knows exactly what we need to refine our character. He will not give us a burden that is too big to bear—that will burn us. He will not leave us unfinished either. Just as the silversmith refines the silver until he can see his reflection in the metal, God uses circumstances in our lives to refine us until He can see His image in our lives.

So I had a choice. Our truck was gone. I could be angry. I could complain or lash out. Or I could let God use this fire in my life to refine me. I could praise Him that my husband wasn’t hurt by the thief. I could pray and wait, to see how God would provide.

A meaningful quote from the song “Sometimes He Calms the Storm” by Scott Krippayne came to mind. The song reminds us that while “sometimes [God] calms the storm, sometimes He calms His child.” I had no reassurance that we would get our truck back. I knew we were not in a financial place where we could easily resolve this issue, but I also knew that my powerful God IS in that place. God always provides! Even if we do not understand HOW God provides; nevertheless, He always has a plan.

Our fire burned hotter over the next few days as we realized how much we had lost along with our truck. There were so many important (and expensive) items inside of it! But the item that really tested our faith was our file box. It contained all of our important documents—birth certificates, social security cards, and much more.

I frantically called government offices and applied for fraud alerts with the credit reporting agencies. I discovered that with children, there are no preventive measures. If the identity of one of my three children was stolen, we would have to deal with that after the fact. I was distressed. I felt like this fire was burning me.

Then we got a phone call. A man who lived 35 minutes away had seen a bunch of papers in a field next the highway near his home. He and his son spent their whole afternoon in that field and down the highway picking up the papers from our file box that had been tossed out of the truck! Wow! It was amazing to watch how God provides! And He wasn’t finished yet.

Our truck was recovered. It was totally stripped on the inside. But the engine was intact, and our 5th wheel hitch was still there! However, the insurance company said we couldn’t have the truck back. That’s their policy on stolen vehicles. They would give us a check to replace it, about half of what we paid for the truck. We wouldn’t be able to replace it. We were stuck.

Then we got another phone call. The insurance agent had found a loophole. We could have our truck back! And they would give us a check to repair the stripped interior! Wow!

God showed His care for us in amazing ways through this experience. God ALWAYS provides! In the process, He teaches us to trust Him. As one inspirational Bible verse states, “God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NASB)

Lindsey Pitts
Member ID 10417
Silver
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164837
http://sculptorschisel.blogspot.com

amybcrowe1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby amybcrowe1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:38 am

How God Provides When We Least Expect It
by Amy Crowe

I was rolling along the Interstate going as fast as the law would allow when all of a sudden, traffic came to a dead stop. I look ahead and it is at a standstill. Great! Somebody was texting when they should have been looking. I strain to see if I can find out the cause of the trouble because I need someone to blame. I have somewhere to be and this was not on my agenda for the day. There is a Sherriff's SUV a couple of cars in front of me. Maybe he can get this traffic moving again.

Suddenly I see someone running with an urgency I can't explain up to the Sherriff's car. He and his partner get out and run ahead to a van loaded down with luggage. I guess someone's vacation is being delayed. Another man in a suit gets out of a different car and also approaches the passengers of the van, except for one. He has been laid on a backseat and someone is performing CPR. All of a sudden, I feel a need to pray. I feel an urgency for someone to intervene on this man's behalf.

The next thing I know, the Sherriff and his deputy are racing back to their car and an ambulance is coming on the side of the Interstate. They load the man from the back of the car to the ambulance, and the Sherriff provides an escort for the ambulance to help clear the way and get to an exit.

As the man in the suit goes to climb back in his car, I roll down my window to ask if everything is ok.

The man in the suit introduced himself as the pastor of a local church who had gotten out to see if he could be of assistance to the family. He said the man in the ambulance was a husband and father of two girls who was driving his family on a vacation. Up ahead , beyond where I could see, there was a truck that had forgotten to tie down a load and it caused several cars to swerve, including an 18 wheeler to jackknife. Luckily, no one was hurt, but this man in the van experienced a heart attack while sitting at the standstill. Wow, if he had been going 75 miles or more an hour, he could have been killed or could have killed someone else.

The pastor said, "Thank goodness for the standstill. There's no telling how many lives were saved because no one was moving". He gave me his card that had a website on the back, http://www.howgodprovides.com/. He said this site was always helpful to him in his profession to provide others he encountered on a daily basis with inspirational bible verses and meaningful quotes to get them through a tough time.

As other rescue personnel started to arrive and traffic started moving again , I noticed my right front tire was barely limping. I had blown a tire. What if I had been going as fast as I had been before the standstill? Suddenly, I was not even looking for who to blame. I was thanking God for providing me a safety net when I didn't know I needed one. Thank you God for engineering everything that happens for a reason even when we can't see it. I think while I wait on the roadside service to come change my tire, I will check out the website from the pastor's card. Maybe next time something unexpected happens, I may be able to provide someone else with some inspirational words to help them through.

Sometimes, things happen that take us from our normal routine and shake things up a bit. Sometimes it may be an inconvenience. Sometimes, we can't see what may be happening around the bend. When we have an unexpected delay, when we have an illness we can't explain, when we have a problem we can't fix, it is amazing to see how God provides, even when we least expect it!

Amy Crowe
Member # 63307
Gold
http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=63307
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=164883
http://amybcrowe1.wordpress.com/2013/11 ... expect-it/

Next

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities