To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Christian Books Blog Contest - WINNERS ARE HERE!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Christian Books Blog Contest - WINNERS ARE HERE!

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

A huge thank you to all who entered. Here are the winners.

1st Place - $75 First Prize and posting on 100 Christian Blogs

The Little Reading Room by Dave Walker

At the last minute he dived to one side.The car swerved, attempting to keep Peter in its path and crush him under its wheels.

James' eyes were glued to the page.

With a screech and flurry of dust, it went out of control. It teetered on the edge of the cliff before plunging down the mountain, bursting into .......

"James! Come on. Everyone's waiting for you."

"Coming Mom."

...flames on its way. Peter breathed a sigh of relief. He was shaking from head to toe. Thank You, Lord. That was ...

"Come on, James. Aren't you finished yet?"

"Won't be long."

"Have you got a book in there?"

...a near thing, but You came through just in time, as You always do. As Peter scrambled back onto the road, he took stock of the situation. The people in the car almost certainly died in the flames. That just left those at the hideout in the city. He had to get.....

"James! My iPad is missing. Have you been at Revelation Books again?"

"Faithwriters bookstore have good, wholesome Christian e-books to download, Mom. And some that you won't find anywhere else. You said so yourself." Now where was I? Oh, yes

He had to get back as soon as possible before they shipped the children to another place. Lord, please send a guardian angel to give me a lift.
He had no sooner...

"But not to be read in the loo. Will you please come out. Jenny is wriggling around and trying to cross her legs at the same time. She's bursting."

"Just think, Mom, downloading from this site is helping spread the gospel world-wide. Aren't you glad I'm using it? And the site benefits upcoming Christian writers. You are so clever to deal through Faithwriters." Back to my place..

.....finished his prayer when a truck appeared on the horizon. He waved it down and it ground to a halt beside him. "Need a lift, fella?" A burly truck driver leaned out of the cab....

"Stop trying to butter me up, James. You know that I think Faithwriters is the best place to buy Christian books. And to sell them, too. Why do you think I sell my Christian e-book there? With over 400,000 hits a month, and advertised site-wide in at least four sites, what better place for a Christian author or reader? But GET OUT OF THERE!"

.... Wow, You sure sent a giant-sized angel, Lord. He looked up at the driver. "Yes, please. I'm in a hurry. There is a group of traffickers who are about to ship some children out of the .....

"James, please! I'm bursting! If you don't come out I'm going to wet my pants."

"O.K., Jenny, I'm coming."

"At last! What were you reading that you couldn't even put down to get off the loo? Now, please give me back my iPad"

"That's why I didn't want to come out, Mom. I knew you'd want your iPad, and then I couldn't finish my story."

"Well, you're right.. I do enjoy browsing Faithwriters Bookshop to see what books are there."

"How'd you find this great author?"

"He wrote an article on their website that I really liked, so I looked up his profile and found his list of books."

"Is that how you promote your book?"

"Yes. My profile as a Christian writer is on Faithwriter's site for all to see, and lists any books that I've written. Plus they have something called Free Reads for Reviews, where someone can include my book amongst free e-books they download if they review it on Amazon and Faithwriters. What's more, if anyone wants a hard copy, the link is there to Amazon and ChristianBooks.com."

"Cool! No wonder you keep telling us how good Faithwriters is. That's why I got your code and downloaded this amazing book. Can I finish it now?"

"James! Where are you going with my iPad? James! Come back here."

"Please, Mom. Peter has to catch the traffickers before they ship off the children. I can't leave him now."

"Oh, O.K. You can finish the story in your room. But remember, that iPad is mine. I want to browse through Faithwriters for my next e-book. And I'm changing my password!'

Dave Walker
Membership No. 54613
Platinum member

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161667
https://www.facebook.com/pages/God-in-t ... 4707598599
http://www.godintheicu.wordpress.com

2nd Place and $50

Downloadable Books for Dinosaurs by P.J. Baker

“Mom, can I buy a book for Callum’s birthday? One about Jesus, or dinosaurs?” said my son, Justin.

“Sure honey, we’ll look for one about Jesus first,” I say. We jump into the car and I drive to where our local Christian bookstore is. Or was. There’s a huge red sign in the whitewashed window saying “Closing Down Sale: Over.”

Justin starts to laugh: “have you heard of the internet? You can buy ANYTHING on it. (Whispers) Dinosaur!”

Only 6 years old, and he already thinks he’s smarter than Mom. I hide my smile as we turn around and head home.

An hour later, thanks to Justin, the laptop and Google, we have discovered ebooks. faithwriters.com, a website that sells Christian books.

“Christian ebooks?” I read from the screen. “Umm…”

“Cool! We can download it onto his iPad.”

“IPad? OK. Buying from here supports the development of Christian writers around the world AND we can buy from Amazon at best value prices… Justin?... Justin?” Justin has disappeared but I read on, relentless.

“I can also sell my Christian ebook through the faithwriters ebook store… over 600,000 page reads a month, WOW…great value with a platinum membership… I must tell Susan…and…free ebooks!

I click on Free Reads for Reviews, and I’m downloading the latest Christian Fiction to review when Justin returns.

“Hey, this is Callum’s iPad,” he says. “It’s like a laptop without keys.” He opens the case but struggles to unlock it.

After a few minutes, I take it and unlock it in a second. I smirk. “Guess I’m not the dinosaur anymore!”

He laughs. We find Callum a book about Jesus, and within a minute it’s paid for and downloaded onto his iPad.

“Can’t wait to show Callum the website!” says Justin, running off with the iPad.

“Hey, tell him it’s changing its name to RevelationBooks” I shout after him. But Justin is gone, and I’m on my own. Perfect.

I re-fill my coffee, relax into my armchair and flick to page one. If only everything in life was this easy!

P.J. Baker
Membership number: 62789
Gold
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=162170
http://writerpjbaker.blogspot.co.uk/
posting.php?mode=reply&f=92&t=37173

3rd Place

Christian books on Potty Training?!... Well, Maybe Not. by Nicole C. Calhoun

“My little “big boy” went potty and washed his hands. This time he spent an extra amount of time to clean his hands (he likes the bubbles)... Yep he is growing up.

Well… It turns out…he put all of the towels in the toilet. The adventure never ends…”

These are not the words within a Christian book but something I shared during a week long blog series called Potty Training Adventures. Yep, I wrote a blog on a Christian blog site about potty training. Oh, you had better believe I had a great deal of inspiration for this one. Our two year old son has made this milestone a very interesting one. I thought that sharing it would at least give others hope while tackling this milestone themselves. Hey if nothing else, maybe they would experience a good laugh.

Sure the blog is geared toward Christian women. In fact, the blog is intended to share the wonderful nuggets of wisdom for everyday life; those things the Holy Spirit reveals while we are in study. However this time I wanted to blog about this quirky experience we have endured in potty training. Hey this is everyday life right? Well at least it is for the mothers of young children.

Leave it to me to use a Christian blog to write about something so offbeat, but I would venture to say that I am not alone. I wonder how many other people are as peculiar; come on, who else would choose to write Christian books about everyday life?

Guess what I found out? Christian writers do write about all kinds of subjects. I am normal and do not stand alone!

I found out about Revelation Books, an online bookstore of FaithWriters.com. This online bookstore offers tons of Christian books that cover an extensive array of subjects related to the practical Christian. There is of course both Christian fiction and Christian non-fiction. There are books of poetry, devotionals, special interests and humor. Hmm…I wonder if my potty training adventure blogs would be considered humorous. I guess it depends on who you ask.

In any case, this site is also great because they are helping to promote Christian authors who are just starting out; people like me.

The parent site, FaithWriters is a site that encourages and helps the Christian author by providing opportunities for inspiring authors to post articles. Do you know what this means? It means that someone looking to sell their books on the Revelation Books would also benefit from the article traffic.

Revelation Books has books that can be purchased on Amazon and ChristianBooks.com, as well as titles that are exclusive to their bookstore. They also offer free ebooks. This is like a one stop shop when it comes to finding Christian books.

The best benefit of purchasing or selling your Christian books on Revelation Books is that FaithWriters.com serves as an avenue to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide. I would say this is wonderful because as Christians, this is our entire goal.

I still didn’t find a Christian book on potty training but I would still agree that Revelation Books is a great place to look for your next Christian book.

Nicole C. Calhoun
Member # 62707
Silver

This article is also posted here:

http://nicolecalhoun.com/christian-book ... ining-not/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161808
https://www.facebook.com/NicoleCCalhoun

Original Contest Rules and all submissions below here.

Important - To enter this contest you must first go here http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.html
to learn the foundation and many of the rules for these contests. Please check it out even if you have entered these contests before. Watch the short videos on link building, we have made it super simple. Then you can come back to this forum and get the specifics to enter this contest.

Today we start a contest that will support our members who have books listed for sale in our store, members who have articles on our site in general and FaithWriters. We want you to promote http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/, which is FaithWriters book store.

If you have a book in our store, you really need to enter this contest to help us help you. If you do not there are nice cash prizes too along with promotion of you as a writer.

Guidelines

1. 750 words or less
2. Use and link three to five keywords from our list

Specific Keywords for this contest - Christian ebooks, Christian books, Christian Fiction, Christian Non-Fiction, sell my christian ebook, Christian Book Promotion, Christian Book Marketing, RevelationBooks, free ebooks

URL/Page the keywords need to point/link too is - http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/index.php

3. Final Deadline is now 9-10-13.
4. Catchy title, imaginative and unique article that will hold a readers interest and get them to click on one of the links to our book store. Dialogs are great and a lot of fun to write. Read the winner in God Speaks to get a great idea on dialogs viewtopic.php?f=92&t=36826.

Review the winning articles in the other contests. They are always listed as the first three articles in closed contests that indicate "Winners Here Now". viewforum.php?f=92

Articles should have a three point emphasis

1) Why should I purchase Christian books and Bibles at FaithWriters?
We would like you to expound on the fact that while you can purchase Christian books at many locations, there is a difference. When they purchase through FaithWriters they support the growth of Christian writers and the spread of the gospel around the world (217 countries http://www.revolvermaps.com/target=enla ... 1&ref=null). Plus they can purchase from our wide selection of up and coming Christian authors, Amazon and ChristianBooks.com at the very best prices.

2) Why should I sell my Christian book on FaithWriters?
When they purchase through FaithWriters they support the growth of Christian writers and the spread of the gospel around the world (217 countries to date). FaithWriters receives over 400,000 page views per month and books marketed in our store will be placed in at least four of our site wide ads. Here are a few of those ads - http://screencast.com/t/s1mhxd2V. This is an incredible value that comes with a Platinum membership. For example we charge $150.00 per month for a 468 x 60 banner ad on our main site page. Platinum members have their books displayed in multiple ads on FaithWriters, FaithWriters Magazine, FaithReaders and FaithWriters for kids if applicable for just $10.95 per month. They are also promoted in our newsletter. Additionally you should point out that readers are drawn to FaithWriters by Christian articles. These are the type of people Christian writers are looking for.

3) Promote the name RevelationBooks which is a name we are changing the book store to during this contest. We have reserved the name and will be pointing it to our store, revelationbooks.org. Please do not point the keywords to revelationbooks.org. Point them tohttp://ebooks.faithwriters.com/index.php as indicated above.

UPDATE: You can also mention our new Free Reads for Reviews program http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/readsfor ... tbooks.php

Questions like - How to create contextual links and where to post my articles and others are answered in the following link. If you have competed in these contests before you will notice there is not a list of pre-linked keywords. This is because it is so simple to link words to a URL in the Regular Articles Rich Text Editor. Watch the video on linking here - http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.html.

Here is the regular article rich text editor - http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/submitRTE.php

Prizes

Best Gold or Platinum member entry $75.00 plus posting of the article on 100 Christian Blogs.

Second Best Gold or Platinum member entry $50.00

Best Silver entry $25.00

God Bless and thanks to all you FaithWriters.
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

RethaGroenewald
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Christian Books Blog Contest NOW OPEN

Postby RethaGroenewald » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 am

Books Say and Do More
Sighing, happy with the ending, she read the last sentence and closed the book. I wish there was more. Making a mental note, she finished dressing before meeting her friends.

Relaxed, with coffee and apple pie the eight friends chatted about the latest books they have read. Clearing her throat, Emily posed the question, “Do you think books can say more?”

With a questioning look, Julie turned to Emily, “Do you mean more in spreading the Gospel? That is something I’ve been wondering about. We talk about books we’ve read by Christian authors among ourselves, but that’s not sharing with the world. Is it?”

“We spread the Gospel by buying books written by Christian authors,” Shirley responded. “I also believe we should support Christian bookstores.

Chewing as fast as she could, Tammy waved her fork in the air. Laughing, Emily pointed at Tammy, “We see you Tammy.”

Swallowing the last bit with the help of some coffee, Tammy eagerly revealed the reason for her excitement. “I believe in a one-stop-shop.”

Disappointed, Shirley stared at Tammy, “Is that it? You made us watch you eat and drink in anticipation, so you can say that?”

“Let me explain. We all like to buy books online; we like reading Christian eBooks.” Some heads were nodding. She continued. “Books can say more if you know how. “ Emily wasn’t the only one who sat up straighter, ready to hear more.

“What if I tell you by buying books at one place, I help spread the Gospel and I get more than a book?”

“We’re listening,” they said in unison.

“When I read a good book, especially from a new author, I want to follow the author and read everything written by the author. I used to search online for blogs, articles or other books, written by the same author. Often these searches would lead to nothing. That was so until, I came across RevelationBooks.”

“RevelationBooks? What makes them different from any other Christian store promoting Christian fiction and Christian non-fiction?”

“Shona, it’s much more than a bookstore. RevelationBooks is the bookstore of Faithwriters.com, the home of Christian writers.”

Ticking off the list on her fingers, Emily continued. “FaithWriters.com offers:
• Articles written by Christian writers. These are the same writers, whose books are sold in the RevelationBooks bookstore. In other words, if I read a great book by a Christian author, I don’t need to spend time searching for more. All I have to do is to lookup the author’s profile on FaithWriters.com. On the profile, the list of articles the author has written is displayed. Reading articles on FaithWriters.com, also gives me the advantage of meeting new Christian authors.
• The FaithWriters’ Magazine contains articles written by the FaithWriters 500 group. It also has links to books in the bookstore.
• For those looking for excitement, there are the writing challenges and contests. Through the Blogging Contests, you are introduced to other Biblical based websites and ministries.
• The Christian writers have the advantage of displaying their work, and also improving their writing skills with the Critique Circle.
• And lastly but not the least … RevelationBooks bookstore. The books are displayed on every page, and I mean every page, of FaithWriters.com. This gives convenience another meaning. It doesn’t matter where you are on the website; you can search for a book and link through to the store from wherever you are. These links are not restricted to FaithWriters.com, but are links to Amazon and Christianbooks.com as well.

“Therefore, books purchased at the store allow me to support the Christian authors whose articles I have been reading. My purchases also contribute to spreading the Gospel in more than 200 countries. “

Satisfied with her explanation, Tammy looked up, expecting comments. Nobody was looking at her. All seven friends were busy on their laptops, tablets or cell phones. “What are you doing? Weren’t you listening?”

Sheepishly her friends looked up, “We were listening but we couldn’t wait to register.”

“I signed up as a Platinum member and am adding my book to RevelationBooks bookstore,” Doreen told her friends.

“Let’s see what books I can purchase,” Emily commented. Three seconds later Emily jumped up, “Hey guys, the book I finished last night, it’s listed on RevelationBooks! The author is one of the Christian writers on FaithWriters. Look at all the articles she has written…”

Retha Groenewald
Member 62196
Platinum Membership
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160910
http://www.biblefascination.com/books-say-and-do-more/
http://rethagroenewald.com/general/book ... nd-do-more

iRoswell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby iRoswell » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

An Open Door To Selling Your Christian eBook

"Alright, another query letter sent," Alex says, after he clicks the mouse and leans back in the computer chair. He rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"How many does that make," Ana asks. She sets the coffee mug on the desk and makes her way over to the love seat.

"Thirty."

"Maybe it's thirty, not three, that's the charm."

Alex smiles flatly. He spins around in the chair to look directly at his wife. "I don't understand why this is so difficult. I thought writing the book was hard enough, and now, well this seems to be impossible. No one wants to even read my manuscript!"

Ana leans forward, "Honey, maybe God had nothing more in mind than for you to just, well, write it?"

Alex shakes his head. "I don't- I can't believe that Ana. Everything in me tells me that I'm supposed to get this published. It's not just a story. This novel will minister to other believers, and it can help someone find eternal life!"

"But if this is God's will honey, don't you think it would be easier than this? He would open a door if-," Ana frowns and looks away. "I don't want to see you hurt," she finishes.

"I understand, I do, it's just, I know this is God's will." Alex stands up to stretch. "I'm going out for a walk. I need to pray and clear my head a little."

He picks up his coffee mug and is almost to the door when Ana laughs. "Honey, you know that's the linen closet right?"

He stops shy of opening the door and stands there. A moment goes by before he turns. He looks at Ana, a smile playing on his lips, "that may be the problem." He rushes over to the computer.

"What," Ana asks. "The linen closet?"

"No," Alex says. "I think I've been trying to open the wrong doors. The other day, Sammy told me about this website called FaithWriters. He said it’s a great place for Christian writers to learn more about writing and that it even has a store where you can buy and sell Christian ebooks called RevelationBooks."

Ana walks over to the desk laughing, "and you just, what, forgot about it until now?"

"Yeah, it never crossed my mind to sell my Christian eBook myself. But this may be the best direction to go."

He taps a few keys as Ana pulls up a chair. "Look at this. It says it's the number one site for Christian writers and it's even been featured as one of the top 101 sites by Writers Digest!"

Ana leans over and points at the screen, "it even showcases articles that have been written. You could add stuff from your blog."

"Look at this, it has a weekly writing challenge, and even a monthly blogging contest that has cash prizes." Alex is beside himself. He looks at Ana and sees her staring at him with a big smile. "What?" he asks sheepishly.

"Nothing," she says. "It's just, I haven't seen you this happy about your writing in awhile." She reaches over and hugs him. "It's nice."

"I'm just thankful God pointed this website out to me. There's just one more place I want to look before I sign up. Lets check out their store, RevelationBooks."

"Wow, there are a lot of good books here. It even has that, free reads and reviews program."

"What's that?" Ana asks.

"Basically, someone reads your book for free and then leaves a review. It helps build sales for up and coming writers. Good reviews helps a person try out an author they've never read before."

"Honey, it says if you're a platinum member you can list two books for free," Ana says, tapping the screen. "You could list your book for free!"

"And most important, it says that purchases made from the bookstore benefit the spread of the gospel in over 200 countries! Ana, we need to start buying all of our books through RevelationBooks."

Suddenly Ana jumps up from her chair. She starts for the living room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get my tablet. While your signing up for FaithWriters, I'm going to sign up for a buyers account on RevelationBooks. Did you see all the books they have?"

Alex laughs, but under his breath he prays, "thank you God for helping me find Your open door."

Joseph Veseli
Member: 61655
Gold Membership

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161372
http://2thefather.blogspot.com/2013/07/ ... k.html?m=0
https://devoted2prayer.wordpress.com/20 ... ian-ebook/
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett

Dave Walker
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Dave Walker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:00 am

The Little Reading Room

At the last minute he dived to one side.The car swerved, attempting to keep Peter in its path and crush him under its wheels.

James' eyes were glued to the page.

With a screech and flurry of dust, it went out of control. It teetered on the edge of the cliff before plunging down the mountain, bursting into .......

"James! Come on. Everyone's waiting for you."

"Coming Mom."

...flames on its way. Peter breathed a sigh of relief. He was shaking from head to toe. Thank You, Lord. That was ...

"Come on, James. Aren't you finished yet?"

"Won't be long."

"Have you got a book in there?"

...a near thing, but You came through just in time, as You always do. As Peter scrambled back onto the road, he took stock of the situation. The people in the car almost certainly died in the flames. That just left those at the hideout in the city. He had to get.....

"James! My iPad is missing. Have you been at Revelation Books again?"

"Faithwriters bookstore have good, wholesome Christian e-books to download, Mom. And some that you won't find anywhere else. You said so yourself." Now where was I? Oh, yes

He had to get back as soon as possible before they shipped the children to another place. Lord, please send a guardian angel to give me a lift.
He had no sooner...

"But not to be read in the loo. Will you please come out. Jenny is wriggling around and trying to cross her legs at the same time. She's bursting."

"Just think, Mom, downloading from this site is helping spread the gospel world-wide. Aren't you glad I'm using it? And the site benefits upcoming Christian writers. You are so clever to deal through Faithwriters." Back to my place..

.....finished his prayer when a truck appeared on the horizon. He waved it down and it ground to a halt beside him. "Need a lift, fella?" A burly truck driver leaned out of the cab....

"Stop trying to butter me up, James. You know that I think Faithwriters is the best place to buy Christian books. And to sell them, too. Why do you think I sell my Christian e-book there? With over 400,000 hits a month, and advertised site-wide in at least four sites, what better place for a Christian author or reader? But GET OUT OF THERE!"

.... Wow, You sure sent a giant-sized angel, Lord. He looked up at the driver. "Yes, please. I'm in a hurry. There is a group of traffickers who are about to ship some children out of the .....

"James, please! I'm bursting! If you don't come out I'm going to wet my pants."

"O.K., Jenny, I'm coming."

"At last! What were you reading that you couldn't even put down to get off the loo? Now, please give me back my iPad"

"That's why I didn't want to come out, Mom. I knew you'd want your iPad, and then I couldn't finish my story."

"Well, you're right.. I do enjoy browsing Faithwriters Bookshop to see what books are there."

"How'd you find this great author?"

"He wrote an article on their website that I really liked, so I looked up his profile and found his list of books."

"Is that how you promote your book?"

"Yes. My profile as a Christian writer is on Faithwriter's site for all to see, and lists any books that I've written. Plus they have something called Free Reads for Reviews, where someone can include my book amongst free e-books they download if they review it on Amazon and Faithwriters. What's more, if anyone wants a hard copy, the link is there to Amazon and ChristianBooks.com."

"Cool! No wonder you keep telling us how good Faithwriters is. That's why I got your code and downloaded this amazing book. Can I finish it now?"

"James! Where are you going with my iPad? James! Come back here."

"Please, Mom. Peter has to catch the traffickers before they ship off the children. I can't leave him now."

"Oh, O.K. You can finish the story in your room. But remember, that iPad is mine. I want to browse through Faithwriters for my next e-book. And I'm changing my password!'

Dave Walker
Membership No. 54613
Platinum member

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161667
https://www.facebook.com/pages/God-in-t ... 4707598599
http://www.godintheicu.wordpress.com

Karmel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Get Into This Creative River Flow!

Postby Karmel » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:00 am

Revelation Books has amazing books that exude insight and creativity from up-coming authors moving in partnership with God’s creative Spirit of wisdom, knowledge, understanding, counsel and might!

Contained within this treasure-trove Christian Book store, you will find Christian Fiction, non –fiction and a wide variety of books and bibles to suit and encompass every interest and taste a reader may have. Books from Amazon and Christianbooks.com are also available at affordable prices.

Every purchase that is made directly benefits the spread of the gospel to over 200 countries and also empowers new Christian writers with the skills to become all they are created to be.

If a ‘freebie’ is what you desire, the free reads for reviews program will enable you to read free e-books.

Faithwriters.com helps promote writers by giving exposure of the writer’s books and articles through its Platinum membership program.

The multi-faceted approach of the Faithwriters.com team is innovative and constructive. To build and support new to seasoned writers while reaching the nations with the gospel and feeding the Body of Christ is commendable and worthy of our loyalty and support.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161795

https://plus.google.com/u/0/103556560930808486048

Heather Mars
Member#62798
Silver Member

ncalhoun814
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Christian Books Blog Contest STILL OPEN until 25 Entries

Postby ncalhoun814 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Christian books on Potty Training?!... Well, Maybe Not.

“My little “big boy” went potty and washed his hands. This time he spent an extra amount of time to clean his hands (he likes the bubbles)... Yep he is growing up.

Well… It turns out…he put all of the towels in the toilet. The adventure never ends…”

These are not the words within a Christian book but something I shared during a week long blog series called Potty Training Adventures. Yep, I wrote a blog on a Christian blog site about potty training. Oh, you had better believe I had a great deal of inspiration for this one. Our two year old son has made this milestone a very interesting one. I thought that sharing it would at least give others hope while tackling this milestone themselves. Hey if nothing else, maybe they would experience a good laugh.

Sure the blog is geared toward Christian women. In fact, the blog is intended to share the wonderful nuggets of wisdom for everyday life; those things the Holy Spirit reveals while we are in study. However this time I wanted to blog about this quirky experience we have endured in potty training. Hey this is everyday life right? Well at least it is for the mothers of young children.

Leave it to me to use a Christian blog to write about something so offbeat, but I would venture to say that I am not alone. I wonder how many other people are as peculiar; come on, who else would choose to write Christian books about everyday life?

Guess what I found out? Christian writers do write about all kinds of subjects. I am normal and do not stand alone!

I found out about Revelation Books, an online bookstore of FaithWriters.com. This online bookstore offers tons of Christian books that cover an extensive array of subjects related to the practical Christian. There is of course both Christian fiction and Christian non-fiction. There are books of poetry, devotionals, special interests and humor. Hmm…I wonder if my potty training adventure blogs would be considered humorous. I guess it depends on who you ask.

In any case, this site is also great because they are helping to promote Christian authors who are just starting out; people like me.

The parent site, FaithWriters is a site that encourages and helps the Christian author by providing opportunities for inspiring authors to post articles. Do you know what this means? It means that someone looking to sell their books on the Revelation Books would also benefit from the article traffic.

Revelation Books has books that can be purchased on Amazon and ChristianBooks.com, as well as titles that are exclusive to their bookstore. They also offer free ebooks. This is like a one stop shop when it comes to finding Christian books.

The best benefit of purchasing or selling your Christian books on Revelation Books is that FaithWriters.com serves as an avenue to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide. I would say this is wonderful because as Christians, this is our entire goal.

I still didn’t find a Christian book on potty training but I would still agree that Revelation Books is a great place to look for your next Christian book.

Nicole C. Calhoun
Member # 62707
Silver

This article is also posted here:

http://nicolecalhoun.com/christian-book ... ining-not/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161808
https://www.facebook.com/NicoleCCalhoun

eyeswdeopen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby eyeswdeopen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Anne stepped out of the car and onto the searing hot tar. The heat sent blurry waves, like fog, over the pavement. It was hot.

Wasting no time, she clutched her purse, darted across the parking lot and pushed through the heavy glass doors of the bookstore. Cool, fresh air immediately washed over her, soaking up the beads of sweat on her forehead.

Anne looked up – hundreds of thousands of books filled wooden shelves and stacked high atop tables. It was an aspiring writer’s dream, a book lover’s paradise. Nothing relaxed her more than the smell of an unread paperback book and freshly brewed coffee.

Anne ran her fingertips along the tables touching cover after cover as she walked by. A girl could get lost in the rows of bookshelves, but not Anne.

“Excuse me? Sir?”

An older man, wearing fraying suspenders and a crooked toupee turned away from stacking books and faced her. “Yes, can I help you?”

“Um, yes. I’m looking for the Christian fiction section?”

“You must mean our Religious and Inspirational section,” he corrected. “Just up that way,” he said, pointing a wrinkled finger toward the stairs. “Up the stairs to the left.”

“Thanks.”

She walked briskly up the stairs and weaved between the shelves toward the outer corner of the room. There, it was. In the very back – between Biographies and Business.

Big, heavy books leaned to the left and to the right filling empty spaces where books used to live. Anne tossed her purse to the side and sat cross-legged on the floor, scanning the narrow shelves containing her favorite genre.

After several minutes and finding nothing but texts on religious law and customs and a few self-help books, Anne gave up. Instead, she pulled a notebook and pen and started to scribble down some thoughts.

“Didn’t find what you were looking for?” Anne looked up.

“Um, no. That’s okay though. I was just looking.”

“Oh, I don’t work here,” the stranger said. “I just noticed that you have the same problem I used to have.”

“Excuse me?”

“You can’t find what you’re looking for. You want some good Christian fiction. Something inspiring, yet has a killer plot… Right?”

Anne’s face lit up. “Exactly. You just can’t find good Christian books around here. I feel like I’ve been to every bookstore around town, but the selection is so limited.”

“Have you heard of RevelationBooks? It’s this really cool site that has tons of books by new Christian writers. Some of the books are even exclusive to the site.”

Anne sighed and looked away. “That’s cool, but I’m not a big fan of ordering online.”

“This isn’t another Amazon.com,” she said, smiling. “When you purchase from RevelationBooks, your money does more than buy a novel. It supports the growth of Christian writers all over the world and helps spread the Gospel to over 200 countries.”

“Wow.” Anne’s interest had peaked.

“Last time I checked, over 350 people had accepted Christ as a result of their work. The site offers a wide selection of books, Bibles and music, and they have this really cool program called Free Reads for Reviews where you can read new Christian releases for free in exchange for a written review. Plus, it gives writers a really great platform for selling their work.”

“That’s good to know,” Anne said, clutching her notebook.

“Are you a writer?”

Anne blushed. “Define writer.” They both giggled and the stranger sat down beside Anne.

“Care to share?”

“No way.” Anne said, slapping her notebook closed.

“Oh, come on, I bet it’s great.”

“It is – it’s the next best seller,” Anne said rolling her eyes and laughing.

“What’s your name, anyway?”

“Anne.”

“My name’s Rachel. Listen. When you finish that book, you should sell it through RevelationBooks. You’ll receive every penny from your direct sales on the site. Plus, you’re writing will be heavily exposed – the site gets over 400,000 page views a month!”

“That’s awesome.”

“Oh, and one other thing. You don’t have to sacrifice the bookstore atmosphere. RevelationBooks has free ebooks that you can download. I bright my tablet here and curl up on the couches with a vanilla latte every Tuesday. It’s my down time.”

“I like that idea!” Anne said. “You know, I’d purchase a book online if I knew my money was also helping local authors and helping to spread the Gospel. I mean… there’s no reason to purchase anywhere else.”

Rachel smiled. “My thoughts exactly.”

Samantha Arroyo
Member #: 34052
Gold
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=161912
http://faithfullyfrugal.blogspot.com/20 ... -your.html
https://www.facebook.com/notes/samantha ... 2078621590

P.J.Baker
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby P.J.Baker » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Downloadable Books for Dinosaurs

“Mom, can I buy a book for Callum’s birthday? One about Jesus, or dinosaurs?” said my son, Justin.

“Sure honey, we’ll look for one about Jesus first,” I say. We jump into the car and I drive to where our local Christian bookstore is. Or was. There’s a huge red sign in the whitewashed window saying “Closing Down Sale: Over.”

Justin starts to laugh: “have you heard of the internet? You can buy ANYTHING on it. (Whispers) Dinosaur!”

Only 6 years old, and he already thinks he’s smarter than Mom. I hide my smile as we turn around and head home.

An hour later, thanks to Justin, the laptop and Google, we have discovered ebooks. faithwriters.com, a website that sells Christian books.

“Christian ebooks?” I read from the screen. “Umm…”

“Cool! We can download it onto his iPad.”

“IPad? OK. Buying from here supports the development of Christian writers around the world AND we can buy from Amazon at best value prices… Justin?... Justin?” Justin has disappeared but I read on, relentless.

“I can also sell my Christian ebook through the faithwriters ebook store… over 600,000 page reads a month, WOW…great value with a platinum membership… I must tell Susan…and…free ebooks!

I click on Free Reads for Reviews, and I’m downloading the latest Christian Fiction to review when Justin returns.

“Hey, this is Callum’s iPad,” he says. “It’s like a laptop without keys.” He opens the case but struggles to unlock it.

After a few minutes, I take it and unlock it in a second. I smirk. “Guess I’m not the dinosaur anymore!”

He laughs. We find Callum a book about Jesus, and within a minute it’s paid for and downloaded onto his iPad.

“Can’t wait to show Callum the website!” says Justin, running off with the iPad.

“Hey, tell him it’s changing its name to RevelationBooks” I shout after him. But Justin is gone, and I’m on my own. Perfect.

I re-fill my coffee, relax into my armchair and flick to page one. If only everything in life was this easy!

P.J. Baker
Membership number: 62789
Gold

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=162170
http://writerpjbaker.blogspot.co.uk/
posting.php?mode=reply&f=92&t=37173

Melinda
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: What A Revelation!

Postby Melinda » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 am

Is the Spirit speaking to you, nudging you to take action?

Do you squirm through the Lord's conviction as He questions you? “You asked. I provided. Now what are you waiting for?”

Do you have volumes of material, waiting to be edited and published? Are you holding back writing your testimony? Keeping your collection of personal devotionals to yourself when you dream of sharing them? Who knows? Maybe you believe that your creativity has given birth to the next best-selling Christian Fiction novel.

My enthusiasm about writing 'The Book' (as those close to me call it) is at times erratic...fickle. Shaking my head, I frown and begin berating myself once again. “Look at what God has provided you for material – faith, romance; comedy, tragedy; failure, redemption... and forgiveness. All YOU have to do is write it down and share it. Just DO IT! Then leave it to God to use as He will.”

Slithering in, the author of deception laughs as he points out my inexperience and the challenges ahead. “You don't know anything about authoring a book – much less getting one published... HA! And where will you find the time to write a book?” The deceiver would like nothing more than to prey on my own doubts and insecurities.

In spite of self-doubt beginning to creep in, I trudge on in obedience, seeking advice on the internet. Then I found FaithWriters.com.

What an answer to prayer! No longer will I allow my inexperience to hold me back!

My Platinum membership provides access to a multitude of resources for hopeful writers like me. Writing lessons, tips, contests, and input from experienced fellow writers are among some of the benefits available to assist me in developing my writing skills.

FaithWriters proudly promotes its members. Once my Christian Non-Fiction book is complete, another phenomenal benefit of platinum membership is that my book will be marketed in a minimum of four ads throughout the FaithWriters site. And I can list two e-books in their online bookstore for free.

All the networking, skill-developing tools, and Christian Book Marketing – for a nominal fee of just $10.95 per month! Think about it. – You will be reaching the audience that is seeking what you, a Christian author, have to offer.

The member-posted articles and challenge entries are not only attracting readers, but publishers, and editors of Christian e-magazines, as well. They are looking for quality Christian material. With over 400,000 page views per month, the astounding traffic is awesome for Christian book promotion.

When readers searching for Christian books, enter cyberspace, they may find a multitude of sites offering Christian reading. What makes RevelationBooks the bookstore at FaithWriters, different, is that it promotes Christian writers while advancing the spread of the gospel. To date, it is reaching 217 countries around the world. In addition, there have been over 350 decisions for, or re-dedications to, Christ. And the number continues to grow steadily.

Proverbs 19:8 (NCV) Those who get wisdom do themselves a favor, and those who love learning will succeed.

It's up to you to define your personal success.

For some, success may be making Oprah's recommended reading list. For others, it may be learning that your words planted the seed that had eventually borne spiritual fruit.

Are you an aspiring Christian author with a message you feel the Lord leading you to share? In spite of His prompting, has your inexperience or limited funds discouraged you from publishing your work? You need to visit FaithWriters.com today. You will benefit from the wisdom of experienced authors.

FaithWriters isn't only for authors alone. If you enjoy losing yourself in a good book, you should check out RevelationBooks, the FaithWriters bookstore. In addition to offering the wide selection available on Amazon.com, you will find literature exclusive to FaithWriters. Signing up for the 'Free Reads' program affords you the opportunity to preview what may become a #1 best-seller.

Above all, when you support FaithWriters.com by becoming a member, participating in the critique circle, or by reviewing free e-books, you become part of a vessel bringing the gospel to the world.

Philippians 1:12 (NCV) I want you brothers and sisters to know that what has happened to me has helped to spread the Good News.

Glorifying God and seeing souls saved...

Now that's success!

Melinda Bozak
Member 50112
Platinum

StillLivingStillLoving...StillWriting
@MKBzk
faithwriters.com/article-id=162272

rjc33020
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Christian Books Blog Contest OPEN through midnight 9-10-

Postby rjc33020 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Faith Writers are for Faith Walkers

In 2011 I found a website called FAITH WRITERS and found my purpose. I found my purpose by reading theirs. They are about encouraging others, I am about it. They are about growing I am about growing and supplying a growing and positive environment for others free of charge. I was looking to utilize my gift of writing for years and think this is site for me. The mission for this site is to spread the gospel of JESUS CHRIST to those that need it every day. The site specializes in Christian Book Promotion and Christian Book Marketing and spreads the gospel of truth around the world by making it easier to purchase Christian books. As they support the growth of Christian Artists you can as well by buying it. The site is very informative and the books on there are as well If you become a member of FAITH WRITERS you will find it a lot easier to sell on the website. You can gain more knowledge about the up and coming authors in the world. This site receives thousands of page views per day which means more promotion for you. In a months’ time it can be much more.All members benefit from faith writers by having their material displayed in multiple ads on the site. The REVELATIONBOOKS really speak for themselves just by the title alone. Eventually, the name of the bookstore will be revelation books. Click http://ebooks.faithwriters.com/index.php to find more information. This is a site strictly about the GOSPEL. If it’s not Christian it is not on this page. I love it.

Ryan Cornelius
Member # 60598
Silver
https://www.facebook.com/editnote.php?d ... 0517479493
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=162335
https://myspace.com/rjc33020

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christian Books Blog Contest IN JUDGING/Submissions clos

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 am

Contest End :thankssign
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities