To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

God Speaks Blog in WINNERS ARE HERE!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

LadyBug1
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: God Speaks Blog OPEN until 5-15 or 25 entries.

Postby LadyBug1 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Adult Flash Cards

While reviewing my presentation to Japanese management, the translator became frustrated because, as she said, “too many words”. Always ready to lend a hand, she leaned forward to better see the computer screen. .

“Don’t you like to explain the slides?”

She explained that Oriental people are visual learners. It is in their DNA, even their written language is very ornate and intricate. Japanese style presentations are crammed full of colorful charts, drawings, and schematics all depicting life with very few written words. Almost anyone of any nationality can follow their presentations because it is depicted in pictures, not detailed in the words.

That night, I was studying Queen Esther, one of my favorite books of the bible. But I was having trouble figuring out where God was in the book. He is never mentioned. I thought back to the translator and the color coded charts and graphs. How great would it be to have a bible that color coded passages about God speaking or things related to God speaking? I wondered how many times I missed God speaking in the Bible, just because I couldn’t visually connect the dots.

The current Bibles on the market don’t make it easy to know exactly when God is speaking; he could be speaking through dreams, another person, angels, himself, or others speaking on God’s behalf, which makes it confusing. It is easy to see how Christians can fall under the spell of thinking that God doesn’t speak to his people anymore; that God is just out there somewhere in space watching, but not interacting with his creation

Did you know only 10% of Christians hear God, whether from reading the Bible, prayer, dreams or other people? One reason for this is they are not taught how to hear God speak.

How best to teach people how to listen to God? A great way is to associate color with God speaking. When ideas, concepts, data and other information are associated with images, techniques and color, the benefits are abundant. Some of the many benefits of learning visually are: people remember and recall information better; reading comprehension improves; learning skills improve; and critical thinking skills are enhanced. Think of the possibilities of applying these benefits to bible study and learning to hear God!

Reading a regular study Bible could be viewed as boring to the visual reader. There is nothing there to help connect the concepts. A new Bible on the market, the God Speaks Bible, helps to visually make a connection to God speaking through and to people; people just like everyone else, people who wanted to know God’s will. Every believer who puts in a little effort to read the bible wants to hear God, to know God’s will for them in their current situation. This bible is color coded to help the reader distinguish who is talking; God directly, a situation talking about God speaking, man speaking on God’s behalf, angels speaking on God’s behalf, and Jesus speaking.

Having this knowledge color coded helps us to connect with the Bible stories in new ways, opens up our minds to all the color of God. God speaks in so many different ways to so many different people of social stature that it can be missed sometimes or excused. If studying regular information in visual ways increases critical thinking, learning skills, comprehension, memory and recall, imagine what studying the Bible this way could open up; hearing God and applying scripture to everyday situations.

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

Author: Carla M. Rogers
FW ID# 61585
Gold Member

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159629
https://www.facebook.com/groups/202905236492558/

Come forth
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Tue May 14, 2013 10:54 am

"Creation's Dance"

The pitch black was cut in half by a sudden flash. It zapped; it sang and jumped into existence. It had never been seen before. But God spoke and light appeared; creation began.

Out of nothing light came. From nowhere it appeared. It had existed in God alone and required nothing more than His spoken Word to become reality.

Then waters could be heard as they gurgled, gulped and splashed into being. They gathered above; clouds, heavens and the air born moisture of life. They gathered below and the sea was formed; barriers erected to keep the earth dry. When God speaks, miracles happen.

At His Word little green shoots appeared on the earth and trees hung with heavy branches; loaded with lush, delicious, mouth watering fruits of every kind. Their sudden appearance was a delight in the eyes of the Creator of all things. He smiled; it was good.

Another amazing performance of light was the next spectacular event. Greater than any laser light show the sun exploded into view, the moon waved its first course across the sky and the existence of time, seasons, days and nights rolled out their first round of applause.

What an incredibly exciting way the world began. The Word of God has the power to create life out of nothing. And the power to change life.

I know; it changed mine.

My life was a mess. Like many other lives I have known and messes that I have seen. But the voice of God changed it all. And what's more, for me, it was just as exciting as those first days of creation.

Awesome lights lit up every room of my life as God revealed things that needed to be changed. The living waters of His Creative Word penetrated my barren soul and green sprouts of new life jumped to the surface. I was brought out of darkness into the light and my life, thank heavens, will never be the same miserable mess again.

God has spoken.

The Word of God is now my greatest love. I love to read and study His Word and my life changes every time I get a new revelation of what my Father is saying.

And studying the Word of God just got better.

I can't begin to explain the new excitement that set even more lights flashing and glowing in God's Word when I came across the "God Speaks Bible". Just glancing over the pages of this new study Bible brought the Word of God to new life and filled me with a sense of vibrant colour and exciting life.

Imagine picking up your Bible and with just one glance you suddenly hear God speaking directly to you. And even more, you could see and know in an instant when an angel or a dream was revealing God's heart. Your intimacy with your Heavenly Dad would leap to new levels and your understanding of His ways would leap with it. And the side benefits are amazing.

The Word tells us that healing, deliverance and miracles come into our lives every time we get eyes to see and ears to hear what the Word is saying. When you share a cup of coffee with your friends and open the Word of God, you open the door of opportunity for the power of God to draw close and work wonders in your life. What a wonderful thought.

Who wouldn't like to put the kettle on, make a cuppa and sit down for a personal moment with the God of all creation? That's what it would be like every time you open the "God Speaks Bible".

Please, don't take my word for it. Go and see for yourself. Visit the web site of the "God Speaks Bible", open up their example pages and see the awesome display of God speaking with your own eyes.

Do you want to be able to tell people that you have been Hearing God's voice? Would you like to learn about a whole new and exciting way to study God's Word?

Creation will dance before your eyes as God's Word leaps into life with vibrant colour and becomes full of new revelations.

You have to see it to believe it; the "God Speaks Bible".

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word

http://www.shekinahcloud.com/articles/a ... 171745.htm
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159659

Author: Graham Insley
Platinum member
Member Number: 57970

Blessings, Graham.
Last edited by Come forth on Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

AmyRibitzki
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby AmyRibitzki » Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm

SILVER MEMBER

God Speaks Healing

August 22, 2010 was the day my life began to transform. It began like every other day. Only this day I dared to believe that God’s word was spoken to me. As my journey started, I would begin to see how alive and active God’s word is.
“My life is over”, I thought. As my doctor uttered the words no 26 year old wants to hear. “You have the body of a 56 year old”. Uncontrollable tears ran down my face, for the second time that day. Each day, at some point, I would cry, wanting the pain to disappear. I left frustrated, yet again. I left with unanswered questions and unanswered prayers. Yet, God had better plans, as he began to unveil his word to me.
I was seeking for death. I was seeking for a miracle. Then, God spoke. He spoke in an unexpected way and ignited a spark of hope within my soul. Flipping through the channels, I stopped. I heard God speaking to me through the woman. Her very words, stirred my faith. “Now is your time for healing!” I cried, but this time, it was a cry of hope.
The next week, I awoke in the same state. My body was aching and my body still in pain. This time God reminded me of the words he spoke. I opened the bible and my eyes fell on His promise. Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord.
The following Sunday, was the day God’s promise gave birth. A man I never met before, announced in church, that someone needs healing. I was hearing God call me. I was hesitant, but God moved me. As I was prayed over, I felt the pain melting away. At that moment, God’s warm healing touch, filled every inch of my body. His promise was fulfilled.
Exodus 15:26 And said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and will do that which is right in his sight, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statues, I will put none of these diseases on you, which I have brought on the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that heals you.”
I have not only learned that God heals my body, but every aspect of my life. Are you hearing God's voice? Open the bibletoday and expect the unexpected. Expect God to speak healing over your life. Be prepared for him to take you on an incredible journey. Do you dare to believe the impossible?
Is God speaking today? The answer is yes but which voice is His. Hearing God's voice has never been easier than with the new God Speaks bible. It is not a new translation. It is an enhancement of the most popular current translations.
Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159467
https://www.facebook.com/amy.ribitzki?ref=tn_tnmn
https://www.facebook.com/notes/amy-lynn ... 5762770392

Amy Ribitzki
Silver:62254

Godscopyboy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

At Long Last! : Hearing God's Voice Finally Made Easy!

Postby Godscopyboy » Mon May 27, 2013 1:47 pm

SILVER MEMBER

Your struggle to download from heaven is over. Unlock the voice behind the words of the Bible today using the new God Speaks Bible.

Hearing God’s voice is not for an elite group of believers who possess the secret key to open up the heavens. Every believer with a Bible in his hands can now hear God speak directly to him. God knows how to dial your number using the Bible, his unchanging word.

God speaks.

He speaks because he is our daddy. He speaks so as to guide us when we come across the crossroads of life. God speaks to save us from danger or just to express His deep love for us. He talks because he is alive unlike the many dead gods of this lost world.

Once you hear Him you can become His hands and feet in a hurting world as you live out what you’ve heard. Remarkable things will happen in our churches and communities as a result. There will be an outbreak of uncommon salvations, healings, and deliverances as believers pick Jesus’ heartbeat.

In short lives will be transformed.

Through the innovative God Speaks Bible hearing God’s voice won’t be a mystery anymore. Hearing God will be easy as you respond to this incredible study Bible’s effective and attractive colour codes that trace His whisper to you personally. Every single instance God spoke in the Bible is highlighted so that the voice they heard then may speak to you now (in our day), still fresh as ever.

Amazing!

It doesn’t matter if you are a new believer or a mature saint; our need to hear God speak to us personally is the same. This astonishing Bible levels the playing field so that all believers can have deeper intimacy with God. Indeed, thanks to this modern tool, each one of God’s precious sheep can now hear God speaking whoever they are, wherever they are.

No believer’s library should be left without this marvellous Bible.

What an exciting and powerful opportunity to participate in this life-changing venture that will touch millions of lives.

Want to help promote the reading of God’s word and encourage believers to hear God’s voice? Imagine a colour coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

KatieScarlet

Re: God Speaks Blog OPEN through 5-31-13.

Postby KatieScarlet » Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm

For the Love of God, Stop and Listen

My wonderful Tom-Tom® is a used, portable GPS tool my son bought from a friend of a friend. Last week, Tom and I became very close. This new relationship has given me a profound and fresh perspective on listening and obedience.

In order to get to Massachusetts from way down here in the southern United States, one is forced to get near to New York City…but only while zooming around on the bypass. Because of mixed signals and bad timing, I ended up going straight for the Big Apple instead of merely waving in its direction and continuing to drive on toward Connecticut as planned.

Well-studied maps, printed instructions, large road signs, and my elderly relative who lived there 60 years ago all combined to make me question poor Tom’s insistent instructions to exit when possible and turn around, turn around, turn around. I yelled back to this disembodied voice, “I can’t! It’s too late! I’m in the middle of three lanes of aggressive traffic!”

That didn’t stop him from a constant plea to go the other way.

As soon as I did exactly what he told me, we were back on track and headed for our destination. I should have trusted him in the first place. Sadly, not being familiar with the concept of satellite navigation systems, I listened to everyone else just to be sure. That did not work.

The saying, “Too soon old, too late smart,” comes to mind.

All the way back home, sailing along and doing everything Tom said, I had time to ponder this obedience thing. Wouldn’t it be incredible if God could speak through such a device and tell us about detours and exits and give us exact routes to the correct roads for our lives?

I could picture myself about to make a big decision and hearing a decisive, “Turn around! Wrong way! Re-calculate!”

Wouldn’t that be the most sought after gadget ever invented? Well, guess what? There is a wonderful new way of hearing God's voice. It’s called the God Speaks Bible, a beautiful color coded study Bible with an outstanding and fresh approach to learning to listen to our Lord.

Just like my introduction to Tom-Tom and realizing he knew way more than I did about navigating through roaring traffic, this exciting tool will guide every Christian’s understanding of scripture.

This is for the novice who is intimidated and disheartened when trying to figure out if God speaks to people these days. It’s also a precious treasure for the most mature Christian who may be weary of trying to hear (or losing the ability to discern our Father’s voice).

The God Speaks Bible will set any level of comprehension on an easier-to-follow path to listening and understanding.

The previous owner of my used GPS device had programmed in a loud bell sound that always gets our attention. Every time we go by a church we hear a charming ((BONG)). At first, I couldn’t figure out what that meant. Now that I know, it has become a dear reminder of the brotherhood of believers who are along our route through life.

That replicated sound of a church bell points the way to a nearby house of God. The God Speaks Bible will point the way to hearing Him in a whole new way…and that is an exciting idea whose time has come.

___

Author: Linda Germain
FW ID: 4166
Platinum

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160006
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.gblogID= ... 7644405534

pheeweed

Postby pheeweed » Tue May 28, 2013 3:49 pm

MAKE HIS WORDS VISIBLE

One of the most important training tools I learned to use when I was teaching workshops to college students was a box of scented markers. I would divide the students into small groups and give them an assignment. I gave each group an easel with newsprint and a box of the markers. The markers turned them into kids again, as they uncapped each color and waved them under their noses to see if the smells were authentic . . . purple grape, green apple, brown cinnamon, blue blueberry, cherry red and lemon yellow. When they were ready to focus on the task, I explained that they were to write their ideas and thoughts on the newsprint, using different colors for different parts of it. Although they thought this was for fun, it was critical to the communication process. Writing their words on the newsprint made the conversation visible.

God has made His conversation with us visible.

He’s written it down in the Bible. All of it, of course, is His Word, but in some places we read the words He spoke to a particular person or group. Those parts could be put in quotation marks. Red letter Bibles use color instead of quotation marks for the words of Jesus. How exciting to turn to the Gospels and see Jesus’ conversations jump out at you. But what if you could see lots of colors on the pages; would it turn you into a kid again?

Now there’s a Bible that might just do that. The God Speaks Bible highlights God speaking, in both the Old and the New Testaments. Jesus’ words are still in red, but God speaking is in purple. And to make it even clearer, when men speak God’s words in the third person their words are brown and passages about God speaking are in green. To round out the palette, God’s messages through angels, visions or dreams are in blue and God’s miracles are in gold.

Reading this Bible could turn you into a kid again, as if you were reading God’s Word for the first time. Like my students you could uncap each color to smell the sweet message from your Creator, then focus on the work of making it visible in your own life. The God Speaks Bible could become one of the most important spiritual training tools on your bookshelf.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=160029
Delighted Meditations

Phee Paradise
42864 Platinum
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

carpenterdaughter
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby carpenterdaughter » Wed May 29, 2013 7:46 am

The Whisper that Deafens the Mighty and Opens the Ears of the Seeker

We are living in a day and time when there are many voices crying out to be heard, and it can be very confusing for those who seek to live by faith in the Son of God. There are some in this world who say God is a myth and that Jesus was only a man—just a teacher, someone who taught us how to treat our fellow man. Oh, Friend, he is so much more than that, and we cannot discover who our Savior really is and what He has promised to do in us, through us, and by us until we meet Him where He often speaks the loudest.

There is a place we can discover Him in this world that does its best to deny His existence. We can meet Him in the Word of God. Yes, it is true. The Bible is the inspired Word of God to man that reveals the greatest Love story of all. The Bible is God’s message of His redemption of mankind and all creation through His Son, Jesus. Therein exists a richness to be uncovered that will bring LIFE to every thirsty, hungering soul. God speaks--no, God breathes His message to us, and He gives us Grace to unwrap the beauty of the glorious Truth on display within its layers.

Faith in the Jesus of the Word of God is our “ticket” to understanding what our lives mean and who God is and what His intentions are for us in this life. The ability to hear what God says in a sea of voices is the most important gift any of us could ever be given, and it comes to us through our faith. We can hear the Voice of God in an extremely distracting world. In fact, we are even promised we will hear it. John 10:27: “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” Romans 10:17 says, “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.”

How encouraging to those seeking to know what God says in this noisy world to discover that someone did our homework for us. It began with the God-given vision of one believer, Richard Mull, who set out to outline every passage within the Scripture that exhibits God speaking directly to man. Little did he know that what he began would result in a brand new publication of the Bible where the color-coding of these passages in the printed text would do so much for so many--in effect, bringing more clarity to us in a world attempting to either deny God’s existence or to completely redefine what can NEVER be redefined by man. God does speak His Truth in a world whose favorite maxim is (borrowing from Shakespeare) “to thine own self be true.” In Mull’s words about his efforts to follow through on his vision: “Now you can actually see every time God spoke, every time Jesus spoke, every time an angel spoke on God’s behalf and every passage that talks about God speaking.”

I invite everyone who is willing and able to explore this beautiful and exciting new ministry of the precious, relevant, life-giving, ageless Word of God to man. Friends, the surest and most constant way to find our Jesus, who is the very Word of God in the flesh—the One we long for, the Hope of our hearts, the Keeper of our souls, the Provider of our needs, the Promise of victory, the Light of this very dark world—is to hear Him speaking to us through God’s Word. May we, ever and always, hide that Word in our hearts. There is GREAT PROMISE in so doing.

Isaiah 55:11:
So will My Word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Is God speaking today? The answer is yes but which voice is His. Hearing God's voice has never been easier than with the new God Speaks Bible. It is not a new translation. It is an enhancement of the most popular current translations.

Frankie Kemp
Platinum ID #58927
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=160051
http://herfathersheart.weebly.com/blog.html

DeVine83
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby DeVine83 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 pm

SILVER MEMBER

Old School?

I recently had someone tell me the Bible was “Old School.” What? Old School? They were saying the BIBLE was out of date. My mouth dropped to the floor. I could not believe what they were saying about God’s inspired written word. The very book that teaches us who our creator is and how we can interact with him was being questioned. Well, I’m here to tell you, the BIBLE is not “Old School.” It is very much alive and up to date. Our daily lives are influenced by every page from Genesis to Revelation. The Bible is our foundation for our faith as Christians.

The Bible is the tool we use to motivate, encourage, comfort, and learn to hear God’s voice. God speaks today, but are we listening? Hearing God’s voice is as important today as it was in Moses’ day. In this age we live in, it is extremely important for us to be able to discern, what we think God is saying to us compared to his written word. He will never tell us to do anything outside his character. He has made himself know to us through multiple examples in his word. God is a God of order.

In Genesis 1:1, God established himself as Creator in the beginning when he made all things out of nothing. We learn something of his character here. He has the ability to speak things into existence. God speaks to Adam and Eve with instructions to be fruitful and multiply.

In Exodus 15:26, God shows us he is a compassionate God. He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of these diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

In Exodus 20, God gave Moses a condensed version of his Instruction Manual, the Ten Commandments. I believe God must have known how important his written word would be to us. God speaks to us from the beginning to the end of the bible through angels, prophets, his son Jesus, and even a donkey. In Numbers 22:28, God opened the mouth of Balaam’s donkey to explain his actions. We see God has a sense of humor.

Psalm 103 is one of my favorite poems.

Psalm 103:2-3 (NIV) says;

"Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases..."

The Book of Proverbs is the voice of wisdom. These are words of wisdom inspired by God’s heart. Again, God Speaks to us through these scriptures. In Proverb 6:16, There are six things the Lord hates, and we learn even more about God’s character. There are numerous accounts in the Old and New Testaments of God speaking to us through stories and parables to impart life lessons and instructions.

1 Corinthians 13, tells us how important love is. God is love. His love teaches us more about who he is and the kind of relationship he desires from us.

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. God speaks through Jesus. Jesus was the word in the flesh. When Jesus spoke he was speaking the very heart of God. He was moved with compassion by the spirit of God in order to perform the miracles he accomplished. Jesus knew and understood God’s character. The reason we need to know God’s character is so we don’t fall prey to deceptions.

God wants to create a passion and stir up an excitement in us to seek him with our whole heart and be transformed by the renewing of our minds in Christ Jesus. Do you know how to hear God speaking to you? He wants you to know him. I encourage you to be diligent, as you listen to him speak to you when you read and study his word. There is a new color coded study bible that can help you. It uses color codes to highlight when God Speaks, when Angels are speaking, passages about God speaking, Man speaking on God’s behalf, Jesus speaking, Miracles and Acts of God happening. This is an awesome and amazing study tool. You have to see it for yourself. Go to http://www.godspeaksbible.com

Want to help promote the reading of God’s Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God’s voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting the captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

Author: Cindy Rhys
FW # 55728
Silver Member 5/29/13

This article also posted:
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160068
http://www.myhelpmate.wordpress.com

clr5152@yahoo.com
Last edited by DeVine83 on Fri May 31, 2013 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Keren
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Keren » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 am

SILVER MEMBER

Colour my World
The page turns...”A butterfly!” On the colouring-in page is the usual outline: a central
cylinder of a body, with four wings – a smaller pair and a larger pair. The butterfly has a
smile on its face. The page is black and white.
What if this was the only butterfly the child ever knew?
Now imagine the same picture after the attentions of an enthusiastic five-year-old with a
box of crayons: there is red and black on the wings, purple in the spots, a yellow body,
and green edging. What a transformation!
The Bible tells us we are “here to bring light, bringing out the God-colours in the world.” We are not to leave our neighbours in a black-and-white, colourless world, but we are to “colour in” life for those around us, because “God is not a secret to be kept..." (Matthew 5:14 The Message)
A wonderful aid to bringing God’s colour into our lives is the new God Speaks Bible, with its colour-coded highlighting of God’s words, miracles, and much more. Previously black-and-white pages are now splashed with colour: blocks of green, or strips of purple and yellow and then purple again… Hearing God is now aided by “seeing” God.
Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to
hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application
highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted
to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching.
Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God
Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread
the word.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159856
http://www.pennylane-kjh.blogspot.com/
Keren Hoy 45948 Silver

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Michaelle Bragassa Holman moved here by Mike

Postby mikeedwards » Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am

ARE YOU HEARING GOD’S VOICE
A house that is built upon the sand, doesn’t stand much of a chance during a hurricane. Whether you are a weathered Christian, or you are just getting your feet wet, learning to hear God’s voice is a fundamental stepping stone on our journey with Christ. You see, just as we build a solid foundation for our homes, so that it withstands the storms of life, we must build a solid foundation utilizing the <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">Bible</a> for our souls.
When you are ready to have a dream home built, you are not going to hire a landscaper to do it, are you? More than likely you are going to hire an experienced builder who is an expert in his field. The goal of all Christians, is to obtain the most valuable dream home in existence, heaven! How do we get there? By studying the word of God with due diligence. The Bible is unique, it does not merely give us moral teaching, but it gives us the ability to hear <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">God speaking</a> to us.
Many times in our busy lives, we put off studying the word of God. We tend to put the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, before our dedication to our creator. Then we complain, because we are not <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">hearing gods voice</a>. Think about it, would you swallow food without chewing, and then spit it back out again? If so, you would cheat your body out of the nutrients needed for survival. The same is true for studying the bible, it is essential food for our soul. The Bible is God’s word, it is as binding as the laws of nature. The more we study the Bible, the more apt we are to recognize <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">god speaking </a>.
“There is nothing new under the sun” Ecclesiastes 1:9, God does not change, mankind’s nature doesn’t change, so seeking a one-on-one relationship with God is vital. Don’t you want to seek the love and satisfaction that only God can bring? I know that God wants that for each and every one of us, look in the book of Matthew, “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Live your life to the fullest, by listening to and heeding God’s written word.
There is a new Bible that is designed to help you hear the voice of God. The tool will also help you to better understand his word. Every miracle that happened during the Bible is easily identified, making it easier for you to identify and hear the voice of God. This unique tool, brings the Bible to life, right in front of your eyes. It will take the chore out of reading the Bible, and allow you to enjoy studying the precious word of our Lord. By utilizing the new God Speaks Bible, you will no longer struggle to understand the Bible.
Can you imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application that highlights when god speaks to you? Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is both the President and Founder of OLF and is the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books. He's been featured on TV and in the media. This new study bible is intended to make God's words easier to understand by all who seek Him. There are samples of both Genesis and Revelations available online. Check this out for yourself and help us spread the word.... literally.

Michaelle Bragassa Holman
Gold member
61504 writer number
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159678
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

constantprayer
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby constantprayer » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

WHOEVER HAS EARS, LET THEM HEAR

And the number one spot goes to…

Okay, I admit it. I have a weakness for countdown shows. Therefore, it shouldn't surprise anyone that I recorded the recent broadcast of 101 Objects That Changed the World. The program featured beloved objects such as the Rubik's Cube, Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers, and the Hope Diamond. Whether singular or universal, each iconic object stirred my memory banks. Even the everyday items like wedding rings, coins, and credit cards, had to spark a response from the average viewer. As the countdown neared its end, my husband and I debated the final outcome. We settled on the Cross of Jesus, but in the end, the number one spot was given to the Bible. How poignant—Our Creator’s written word has changed the world; the same world that he spoke into existence, in the beginning.

Throughout the ages, God has faithfully communicated his message to his people. In the Old Testament, he commanded Adam, rebuked Satan, and warned Cain. He instructed Noah, called Abraham, and empowered Moses. He awakened Samuel, chastised Saul and confronted David. He whispered to Elijah, commissioned Isaiah and stopped Balaam. In the New Testament, he blessed Mary, equipped his disciples and taught the masses. Each account, along with many others depicts the various and unique ways that God speaks.

In ancient times, God often spoke audibly to the listener. Sometimes he relayed his message through angels, prophets, dreams or visions. In the New Testament era, God spoke through Jesus and then through believers. Today, by the power of his Holy Spirit, God speaks through his written word. He reveals himself and his ways throughout the inspired pages of Scripture. He speaks ancient words of history, poetry and prophecy, and these intimate words are freely spoken to all who seek his voice.

Before I understood the truth of God’s salvation message, I attempted to understand the Bible on my own. I usually started with the book of Genesis, and continued reading until I lapsed into utter confusion somewhere in the book of Leviticus. Sadly, the foreign words made no sense to me at all, and I felt defeated. Thankfully, God understood my plight and illuminated his truth in a way that I could understand. Simply put, God changed my heart with his written word, and he can do the same for you.

There are many study Bibles on the market today, but one rises above the rest—the God Speaks Study Bible.

For years, Richard Mull has faithfully answered God’s call to equip people to hear God’s voice. His passion for discipleship has finally come to fruition in the form of the God Speaks Study Bible. This God-given work of love is the newest and most exciting way to look at Scripture. It cleverly color-codes every passage where God speaks, making it easy for the reader to connect with God on a more intimate basis.

• Purple is used whenever God speaks in the first person.
• Blue is used when Angels speak on God's behalf or when God speaks through visions or dreams.
• Green is used when a passage talks about God speaking.
• Brown is used when men speak on God's behalf in the third person.
• Red is used for the words of Jesus.
• Gold is used for every miracle and all the Acts of God in Scripture.

God’s salvation message depends on our ability to hear his voice. For the sake of our own salvation, and for the salvation of others we must hear him. God’s earnest cry can be heard in the Old Testament whenever we read, “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (Deut. 6:3-5).” In the New Testament, Jesus reinforces God’s yearning every time we read, “Whoever has ears, let them hear.” These words appear six times in the Gospels and eight times in the book of Revelation.

The movement begins now. Whether you are a seeker, a new Christian or a seasoned Bible Scholar, everyone benefits from hearing God’s voice. Add the God Speaks Study Bible to your daily reading, and you will be well on your way to experiencing God in a more intimate way.

Want to help promote the reading of God's word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books. He was featured on TV and in the media. Help us spread the word.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160086
http://freedtowrite.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... -hear.html

Author: Cheryl Harrison
FW ID#: 6752
Platinum Member
Cheryl Harrison

Has it ever occurred to you that nothing ever occurs to God?
~Nothing takes God by surprise.
~You will never hear God say, "Sure didn't see that one coming!"

My Blog: FreedtoWrite

My FW Profile

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:10 pm

See God's Voice

Have you ever cried out, “Help, I need a word from God!” Then let me tell you about the wonder of holding a different kind of Bible in your hands that will answer the cry of your heart.

Richard Mull, editor of God Speaks Bible knows full well how important it is to "hear" God's voice and to recognize wherever He speaks throughout Scripture. Mull's new, color-coded publication highlights every word that God has spoken.

This new Bible study tool will help you understand that God's voice is neither limited by time, nor restrained by our circumstances. He speaks at night when we can’t fall asleep. We hear Him at daybreak when our day begins with anxiety and uncertainty. He speaks on the sandy shores as we watch the roaring waves and gaze at the beauty of a boundless ocean. His word brings solace to our grief as we stand at the grave site of a loved one.

Mothers hear the sound of His voice above the din of the dishwasher. God’s voice interrupts the making of a grocery list, house cleaning, and sorting the laundry. Dads remember His words as they drive to work on busy highways. God’s voice rises above the toot of horns, the rub of tires, cutthroat, reckless drivers, and gridlock. He speaks through His Word to the heart of a carpenter pounding nails, to the frightened soldier dodging enemy fire on the battlefield, to the hardened criminal languishing in jail, and to the powerful and powerless.

God’s voice can be heard by all ages.

Teen-agers pay attention to His Word when a friend dies from an overdose, a car wreck, or suicide. It penetrates adolescent arrogance and brings a wayward son or daughter back home. Young children hear God’s voice when a Sunday school teacher leads them to Christ, or when they gather around the dinner table to recite a verse before meals.

God’s voice penetrates the blight of the homeless and changes the heart of the hopeless. He speaks and His words reach deep into jungles of the Amazon. Savage killers abandon their spears and take up the “Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Ephesians 6:17). And unreached tribes shed their tribal traditions to put on the “breastplate of righteousness” because His “Word is truth” (John 17:17).

His voice is a compass that maps out a new direction for our lives. “This is the way,” He says, “walk in it” (Isaiah 30:20). It protects us from danger and leads us in “paths of righteousness” (Psalm 23:3). Though that path may lead to valleys deep, His voice is like the Shepherd’s staff that guides us through dangerous gullies and over life’s rushing streams. When He speaks, the depth of our valley cannot overwhelm us. His voice that calmed tumultuous seas, assures us that even when we walk through the Valley of the Shadow of death, He’s there (Psalms 23:4). He speaks the word, and like heavy rain cascading from the heavens, it washes away our sorrows. Our clouds of grief become beautiful rainbows of cherished promises.

God’s speaks through the Scriptures to those who stand behind the pulpit and to those who sit in the pew. Great men bow in humble submission to the power of His Word. Evil men have sought to destroy the Scriptures through which He speaks, but they have failed; and will fail. For He Who uses the Scriptures to communicate to us, hath declared: “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever” (Isaiah 40:8).

Some try to destroy the Bible by burning or banning it. But the Bible, through which God responds to all of our needs, will remain throughout time. It will always be the only authoritative voice of God. To study the Bible is the only way to have a personal, permanent relationship with its Author. There is no other firm foundation on which to build a solid faith, or to find peace in a troubled world. This just released, highlighted, color-coded study Bible will help to keep your faith strong and your ear attuned to God’s voice, Anyone who owns this Bible will always know when God speaks.

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine owning a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application that highlights when God speaks. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is President and Founder of OLF, General Editor of the God Speaks Bible, author of many other books; and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

Lillian Rhoades -
Platinum #48285

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160119
Last edited by lish1936 on Fri May 31, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Hisrose4
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Hisrose4 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:30 pm

The Challenge

The challenge was before them. This is the tale of two sisters. One who believed. One who didn’t. The challenge burned within them. Kylee’s words played over and over like a tape. “Read the God Speaks Bible for 90 days. This Bible outlines all the times that God speaks to His children in the Bible. If it does NOT change your life, I will give you a thousand dollars.”

Savannah and Sarah had been raised in a church and home where the word was freely expressed. “Crammed down our throats is more like it” was Sarah’s interpretation. Sarah had grown past all that. She had been educated and thus expanded her mind. “There is no God. Religion is just a silly crutch for the weak and a way for the strong to manipulate the weak.” She had no use for the Bible or any other forms of religion. She was free at last to explore the world on her own. Savannah, on the other hand, believed firmly in God, but she had known the scriptures from birth, so she saw no reason to read them now. After all, she already knew them. It was like reading a book for the thousandth time.

Hard times had hit Savannah and Sarah. Both of them had been laid off from their customer service jobs. Their savings wouldn’t last long and jobs were scarce with the failing economy. They had looked everywhere for a job, but there just wasn’t one to be found. It would be another two months before they could get a school loan or grant and their savings wouldn’t last that long. Kylee told them both about the importance of studying the Bible. Kylee was adamant. God speaks through His word and He has so much He wants to say to you.” Sarah rolled her eyes and groaned. “Great! That’s just what I want to hear another sermon as if I haven’t heard enough of them growing up.” Savannah understood how Sarah felt. “I already know the scriptures. I’ve heard them all my life. There’s really no need to read them now.”

Like a bulldog, Kylee was not willing to concede. “The word of God is a light to our feet and a light to our path. Without His word we stumble through life blindly. His light shines on the path so we can see where we are going. It illuminates our way in the midst of the storms of life. We grow to be more like Christ by reading His words and hearing God's voice. Every time I read it, I see something I haven’t seen before. The Bible comforts me when I am grieving. The Word heals me when I am sick. Scriptures breathe life into me when I want to give up. There is hope when I feel despair. I’ll tell you what. I’m going to propose a challenge for both of you. Read and study this Bible for ninety days for at least thirty minutes a day. IF your life has NOT changed in those ninety days, I will give each of you one thousand dollars.”

Sarah and Savannah jumped at the chance. Kylee left a copy of the God Speaks Bible. They started immediately after Kylee had left. Sarah and Savannah were determined to win that thousand dollars. They started in John. In the beginning was the word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. They studied scripture after scripture for the entire ninety days. Their hopes had been of obtaining the thousand dollars that had been promised to them, but what they obtained was something much more valuable. In those words, they had found hope, peace, and a new way of living. The scriptures eventually became real to them and they gained a new friend, Jesus, Who became the treasure they cherished. They had found meaning and purpose in those pages and it changed their lives. In those ninety days, both girls found new dream jobs with higher pay. They no longer needed the thousand dollars.

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word..

http://lightattheendofthedarkness.blogs ... 62370.html

https://www.facebook.com/notes/cheryl-p ... 1509793877

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=160114

(I don't know why but I can't get the links to work. I promise I put them in. They are working on my blog.)

Cheryl Palmer
Platinum # 62370
Last edited by Hisrose4 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 am

:thankssign Contest Closed End of Entries is here.

Contest is in judging by sponsor. We will have an answer when they let us know. Thanks to everyone who entered we really appreciate it. God Bless, Mike
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Previous

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities