To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

God Speaks Blog in WINNERS ARE HERE!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

God Speaks Blog in WINNERS ARE HERE!

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 am

Congratulations to our winners and a huge thank you to all who entered. :thankssign

Here are our chosen winners for the God Speaks Bible Blog Contest --

TOP 1 - The Colorful Voice of God by Retha Groenewald

TOP 2 - The Voice by Sharon Balts

TOP 3 - The Whisper that Deafens the Mighty and Opens the Ears of the Seeker by Frankie Kemp

BEST SILVER -- Equipping The Saints To Hear God's Voice by Stephanie Wafer

Top Place and winner of $150 in writing assignments and $500 in Biblical Library upgrades.
Colorful Voice of God

“You have one opportunity to prove to me God Speaks to us,” the chairman said. “On the table are three different objects you can choose from. These objects are to be used with your Bible. We will convene here, in the boardroom, on Monday morning. Each of you will have 10 minutes to convince me that God speaks. The meeting was adjourned.

John and Peter rushed to the table. John grabbed the laptop, and Peter grabbed the Bible software. Jeremiah was left with a set of colored pens.

The three had a busy weekend with little sleep....and it was Monday. Once again they were sitting around the boardroom table. The chairman looked across the table at the three candidates: “John, you may begin. Your ten minutes starts now. Confidently John stood up and began his presentation using the laptop to present a beautifully, organized slide show. The chairman clapped his hands after the presentation, and John sat down, satisfied.

“Peter, you are next.” Peter stood up, and if possible, he was more confident than John. The chairman also clapped his hands when Peter finished his presentation.

“Jeremiah, it is your turn.” When Jeremiah stood up, the other two snickered when they saw what he had in his hands…colored pens and his Bible.

“Sir,” Jeremiah addressed the chairman, “May I ask my colleagues some questions during my presentation?” Surprised and intrigued the chairman agreed.

Jeremiah cleared his throat, and said, “I know God speaks to us. The question I needed to answer was how. How do I prove it? This weekend was probably the greatest adventure of my life. God spoke to me in a new and empowering way. I would like to show you today how God is speaking to you and me, every time we open our Bibles.

“John, do you want to hear God’s voice?”

“Of course,” John replied.

“What about seeing when God is speaking to us?”

“What,” John asked surprised.

“God speaks in different ways to us every day, wherever we are. The Bible is full of His words,” Jeremiah explained, opening his Bible. His Bible had various colored markings on the pages. John and Peter burst out laughing.

Jeremiah smiled, opening his Bible to Luke 18 verses 16 and 17. “The Bible tells us that we should receive the kingdom of God like a child.”

“What does the verse have to do with God speaking to us, and us hearing God's voice,” the chairman asked.

“The Bible verse was very relevant to me, because the tools I had in my hand were the tools of a child…coloring pens.” Jeremiah replied. “The words are the words Jesus Christ spoke. I marked all His words with the color red.”

“So what,” Peter said sarcastically. “There are many Bibles with Jesus’ words marked in red.”

“True,” Jeremiah continued calmly. “These words in red prove that Jesus speaks to us. Jeremiah turned to the Old Testament. “I have chosen the color of royalty, purple, to mark where God speaks directly in first person,” he continued. “God also speaks to us through visions, dreams and angels. Those words I marked with blue. When somebody speaks on God’s behalf in the third person, I marked the words with the color brown, and when a passage refers to God speaking, I marked it with green. God also speaks to us through His miracles. I have chosen the color gold for all God’s miracles and different acts of God.”

The chairman couldn't contain the excitement anymore. “In other words, this written proof shows us, not only that God speaks to us, but how much He speaks to us. Jeremiah, you have truly proven that God speaks to us. I can see it with my own eyes. You have created a God Speaks Bible. We need to share this. ”

“What about when you don’t have your Bible with you,” Peter asked.

Jeremiah smiled, “We develop an app for tablets and phones for people to use.”

The alarm went off, waking Jeremiah from his dream. “What a strange dream,” Jeremiah thought getting out of the bed. “It would be wonderful to have such a Bible. I wonder if my dream can come true.” Jeremiah stepped on something. He looked down. “What is a purple pen doing on the floor?”

Is God speaking today? The answer is yes but which voice is His. Hearing God's voice has never been easier than with the new God Speaks Bible. It is not a new translation. It is an enhancement of the most popular current translations.

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

URL: Discover Bible Treasures blog - http://www.discoverbibletreasures.com/c ... ds-of-god/
URL: Article here - http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159321
Name: Retha Groenewald
Membership Number: 62196
Membership Type: Gold

Second Place and winner of one paid writing assignment worth $75.

The Voice

“Cain, what have you done?”

“Noah, come thou and all your house into the Ark.”

“Hagar, from where did you come? and where will you go?”

“Abimalech, you are but a dead man, for the woman which you have taken is a man’s wife.”

“David, you are the man.”

“Fear not, Mary, for you have found favor with God.”

Promises, reprimands, warnings, and encouragement. The Bible records countless stories of people hearing God's voice and they heard it in many different ways. God spoke directly and audibly to Cain and to Noah. To Cain, God demanded a reckoning. To Noah, He offered a long-awaited invitation. The Angel of the LORD found Hagar in the wilderness and asked questions of her, then gave her strict instructions. Abimalech received his warning message through a dream in which God visited him. David’s rebuke came through the mouth of the prophet Nathan, first in the form of a parable, then in truthful accusation. An angel visited Mary with a very special announcement from the LORD: she would give birth to the Messiah.

Some of these people were not seeking God when they heard His voice. Abimalech was a heathen king; Hagar, an Egyptian maidservant; Cain, a murderous rebel. Yet God cared enough for each of them to be personally involved in their lives. He does that for believers, too! We, like David, may need a rebuke. Like Mary, we may need clear direction as to what it is God wants us to do for Him. Or we may need to be reminded of God’s words to Joshua: “I will never fail you, nor forsake you (Josh. 1:5).”

What questions would we be asked if we could hear God speaking ? What would He be saying to us? Reading His Word is one of the most important ways God speaks to us, but are we overlooking nuggets of truth buried in hundreds of pages? Are we gleaning the best of God’s Word or getting confused in today’s multi-page menu of Bible choices?

The God Speaks Study Bible may be just what you and your brothers and sisters in Christ are looking for. The God Speaks Bible is not a new translation. It is your current favourite translation that makes God’s personal messages come alive!

Want to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

Author: Sharon Balts
Platinum member
Member number 61511

Third Place and winner of $25 cash.

The Whisper that Deafens the Mighty and Opens the Ears of the Seeker

We are living in a day and time when there are many voices crying out to be heard, and it can be very confusing for those who seek to live by faith in the Son of God. There are some in this world who say God is a myth and that Jesus was only a man—just a teacher, someone who taught us how to treat our fellow man. Oh, Friend, he is so much more than that, and we cannot discover who our Savior really is and what He has promised to do in us, through us, and by us until we meet Him where He often speaks the loudest.

There is a place we can discover Him in this world that does its best to deny His existence. We can meet Him in the Word of God. Yes, it is true. The Bible is the inspired Word of God to man that reveals the greatest Love story of all. The Bible is God’s message of His redemption of mankind and all creation through His Son, Jesus. Therein exists a richness to be uncovered that will bring LIFE to every thirsty, hungering soul. God speaks--no, God breathes His message to us, and He gives us Grace to unwrap the beauty of the glorious Truth on display within its layers.

Faith in the Jesus of the Word of God is our “ticket” to understanding what our lives mean and who God is and what His intentions are for us in this life. The ability to hear what God says in a sea of voices is the most important gift any of us could ever be given, and it comes to us through our faith. We can hear the Voice of God in an extremely distracting world. In fact, we are even promised we will hear it. John 10:27: “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” Romans 10:17 says, “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.”

How encouraging to those seeking to know what God says in this noisy world to discover that someone did our homework for us. It began with the God-given vision of one believer, Richard Mull, who set out to outline every passage within the Scripture that exhibits God speaking directly to man. Little did he know that what he began would result in a brand new publication of the Bible where the color-coding of these passages in the printed text would do so much for so many--in effect, bringing more clarity to us in a world attempting to either deny God’s existence or to completely redefine what can NEVER be redefined by man. God does speak His Truth in a world whose favorite maxim is (borrowing from Shakespeare) “to thine own self be true.” In Mull’s words about his efforts to follow through on his vision: “Now you can actually see every time God spoke, every time Jesus spoke, every time an angel spoke on God’s behalf and every passage that talks about God speaking.”

I invite everyone who is willing and able to explore this beautiful and exciting new ministry of the precious, relevant, life-giving, ageless Word of God to man. Friends, the surest and most constant way to find our Jesus, who is the very Word of God in the flesh—the One we long for, the Hope of our hearts, the Keeper of our souls, the Provider of our needs, the Promise of victory, the Light of this very dark world—is to hear Him speaking to us through God’s Word. May we, ever and always, hide that Word in our hearts. There is GREAT PROMISE in so doing.

Isaiah 55:11:
So will My Word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Is God speaking today? The answer is yes but which voice is His. Hearing God's voice has never been easier than with the new God Speaks Bible. It is not a new translation. It is an enhancement of the most popular current translations.

Frankie Kemp
Platinum ID #58927
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=160051
http://herfathersheart.weebly.com/blog.html

Best Silver and winner of a free one year Gold membership.

Equipping the Saints to Hear God's Voice

In a world of chaos, we crave a moment's peace. From the blaring alarm first thing each morning to the latest sitcom in the evening, we are inundated with voices and distractions, busyness and chaos. Even driving our little ones to school or soccer practice becomes a tiresome chore. Shouldn't life be more than dragging ourselves out of bed each day simply to run in circles, and falling into bed at night so we can do it all again, and again, and again?

At some point most of us come to a decision; a decision to get our priorities right, enjoy our kids more, be a better spouse, and become content and thankful for what we have. We tell God we're going to spend more time in prayer and in His Word. Oh, we have the best of intentions, and we usually begin strong. Launching forth at the start line, we are focused, and we are driven.

We set our alarm clocks earlier, peel open tired eyes, sit before our Bible sipping coffee, and waiting in expectation. We tell ourselves that this is what God wants, and this is when God speaks. And oh, how we've longed to hear His voice!

Suddenly we're unsure where to go from here. We half-hazardly flip our Bible open, hoping God will somehow turn these pages for us. We attempt to read, and we ask God what He would say to us in this moment. We try to pray and sit silently waiting for a response. Any response that will assure us He's here, He's listening, and He's speaking.

Our minds begin turning and questioning: Of course He's not speaking. Why would He when I haven't spoken to Him in so long? We are reminded of our failures and we begin to feel oh so small and insignificant next to the Almighty Creator of the universe.

We flip through more pages in our Bible and are left wondering what it all means and how it applies to us. Why do we bother with this 'talking to Jesus and hearing God's voice' thing anyway? What is the point when all we feel is condemnation and rejection? God, are you even there?

God desires so much more for us! He created us to have fellowship with Him (1 Corinthians 1:9), and to worship Him without confusion or question (John 4:23-24). When the Israelites were thirsty, and crying out in despair, God spoke to them and said

"If you will diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statues, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." Exodus 15:26

Are you in that place of thirst and frustration? Do you desperately desire to heed the voice of the Lord your God? Do you crave more from your quiet time with Him?

Through the work of the Holy Spirit and with the conviction that every believer should know the Lord's voice and be able to quickly and easily distinguish His voice from others, God Speaks Bible was created. God Speaks Bible is a tool designed to help you better hear God's voice and better understand His Word. You will be able to easily identify every occurrence and unique way that God speaks in His Word. You will effortlessly locate God's miracles and will in turn grow in your ability to hear His voice and develop greater intimacy with God- your Creator. Learn what it means to abide in Christ and see first-hand His wondrous works.

The study tools offered in this book will bring God's living Word to life, pointing to visions, dreams, and angelic encounters. Your daily time with God can go from frustrating and sporadic to rewarding and Spirit filled. Stop questioning God's voice in your life and start reading God's Word with purpose and understanding.

Author: Stephanie Wafer
Silver Member #62037

http://www.stephaniewafer.blogspot.com/ ... voice.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fing ... 0984547112
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=158750

Contact me by Email at jnswafer@yahoo.com

CURRENT BLOG CONTEST EXTENDED
ALL MEMBERS CAN ENTER

God Speaks Blog OPEN through 5-31.

God Speaks Bible
Learn To Hear God's Voice,
Perfect Writing, Paid Writing Assignments &
First Placer Wins Christian Resources Library

This contest is now open.

I suggest you print out the information in this forum and the information here http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.htmlto prepare. Reading it fully will show you how to successfully enter this contest and why it is of value to the ministry we are promoting. If you do not consider yourself computer smart or know nothing about blogging, do not fear. A blog is simply an article you write and post online for people to read.

Welcome to the "GOD SPEAKS BIBLE" article/blog contest

Contest Verse: Exodus 15:26
And said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in his sight, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases on you, which I have brought on the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.”

How important is the Word of God?
The two-edged sword? The Word is the only offensive weapon we have in our spiritual battle and the primary tool for renewing our minds. We all know its value is priceless. This contest and sponsoring ministry is promoting the reading of God's Word and learning to hear God's voice.

Do you remember the first time you looked at a red letter Bible? You certainly encountered one of the Bibles with Jesus' words in red. For me, it was pretty awesome and there were times when I was drawn back to the red letter Bible. Times when I wanted to easily distinguish what Jesus and only Jesus was saying.

Maybe you have read the Word for years and know each and every verse where God is speaking. The question is: Could you easily recognize them? Personally, I could not when I was new believer and even today some may not be crystal clear to me. Well, what if there was a Bible that distinguished every verse spoken by God.

The "God Speaks Bible" is a color coded study Bible where God's words are highlighted in different colors be it in first person, through an angel, a passage where God is speaking, through man, words of Jesus, and miracles and acts of God.

A new tool to aid in hearing the true voice of God, renewing our minds, and a fresh new way in establishing an intimate relationship with Him. A new tool to gain the interest of the new believer even win an unbeliever or deepen a veteran believer's faith. This is a study Bible with every book beginning with a section of people God spoke to and insights at the end of each book. Well, there is just such a Bible and we are going to promote it this month. This promotion is designed to promote the reading of God's Word in a fresh new way through a color coded study Bible, the God Speaks Bible and its multi-media application which can help us hear God's voice.

It is not a new version in the sense of the text or a new translation. The God Speaks Bible will eventually be available in every translation possible including the one you prefer. This is simply an enhancement that will appeal to many. Especially the new believer. Here is the book of Genesis in the God Speaks Bible for your viewing http://issuu.com/olfministry/docs/genesis_-_kjv?mode=window

Here is the website we are promoting http://www.godspeaksbible.com/

Their media page has some videos you should watch and the book of Revelations for your review - http://godspeaksbible.com/media

You can learn a bit about Richard Mull personally and other projects he has been involved in here in several videos.
https://www.facebook.com/GodSpeaksBible/app_147638215377833 He is a genuine down to earth servant of our Lord. Watch the video spoof online from two of his boys.

You can also locate additional information by doing a Google search on godspeaksbible.

Objective
Your assignment for this contest is to review the site and the information it contains about the GOD SPEAKS BIBLE. To write an article that would catch attention, create excitement and lead the person to click on a link to the sponsors website. We are promoting Gods Word and this new tool for believers, to make people aware of its release to the market.

NOTE: We were also promoting God Speaks so that funds could be raised for an initial print publication of 10,000 copies. Since this contest started on 4-5 these funds have been supernaturally provided for the printing. Your objective is to promote the release of this new study aid.

Awesome Prizes
The prizes for this contest are three paid writing assignments for the ministry of GOD SPEAKS BIBLE. First place will receive two of the assignments at $75 each and his/her winning entry posted on 100 Christian blogs. Plus $500 in additional prizes to ramp up your Bible study. This will include an entire digital and print suite of books by OLF http://www.operationlightforce.com/, the God Speaks Bible App as well as a signed Genuine Leather Collector’s Edition God Speaks Bible. You will receive the digital suite and physical copies of all the books by OLF http://www.operationlightforce.com/ immediately at the end of the campaign and your signed Bible when first printing is complete.

Second place will receive one paid writing assignment worth $75 from the sponsoring ministry.

Third place will receive $25 cash prize.

Best Silver will receive a one year paid Gold membership at FaithWriters. This is a great opportunity for writers who want exposure that could lead to more work and potential income.

Specifics for this contest. Failure to follow the rules may lead to disqualification.

1) The article MUST have a title. Something to capture attention.

2) You are to write a a promotional review of their site and ministry that would hold interest and lead your readers to click on the links you place in the article to http://www.godspeaksbible.com/.

3) You can choose to write a straight review as explained or you can choose to write a unique storyline built around the keywords listed in this post. For example you might write a story about a Christian who suddenly realizes the importance of reading the word. Maybe a dialogue between a believer who does read the Word and one who does not and keeps getting led astray. Maybe you can give your testimony of how important reading the Word really is. As you use one of the keywords you would hyperlink a maximum of three to http://www.godspeaksbible.com/.

2) 750 words or less. (This contest also has a required last paragraph listed below.The last required paragraph is NOT included in the 750 word count.)

3) You must post your article 1) In this forum 2) In our regular articles http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/submitRTE.php 3) In one other location like your own blog or a friend's or another website. You can also use http://www.blogger.com
Of course these can also be posted on the site or blog you already have set up. They can also be posted on Facebook. On Facebook you might want to also post the article on one of many open Christian Blogs. Whatever you do set it up right so you have easy access for future contests.

4) Here is the list of keyword or keyword phrases directly from their webpage that we will be promoting so that their site shows up better on internet searches in these areas. Please stick to these keywords.

bible, god speaks bible, hearing god, god speaking, god speaks, hearing god's voice

Please include three of these keywords, keyword phrases in your articles as contextual links. (A contextual link is simply a highlighted keyword in the article that if clicked on will lead to a designated URL, web address). They must be incorporated into a sentence. Here are three examples. "Hearing god's voice is very important to me." "God speaks to me audibly every time I read His Word out loud." "My Bible is my most treasured possession and my direct link to hearing God."

Linking in our regular articles
Here is how to link keywords to the sponsors website in our regular articles and in Google Blogger.
http://screencast.com/t/7Cxu0xD894a2

Here are three examples for our regular articles.

1) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">Bible</a>
2) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">God Speaks Bible</a>
3) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">hearing God</a>

Linking in this forum
Creating the links in this forum is done differently. To make it easy we have posted the pre-built links in a format for this forum in an article. It has each link or you can simply add the completed sentence you will find at the bottom of the article. http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=157466. If you use the completed sentence in the forum place it before the sponsors required paragraph.

5) REQUIRED last paragraph in your blog entry--

6) The deadline for these submissions is 9 PM New York time on 4-30-13 OR until we have at least 25 entries. However after the 4-30 date the sponsor can choose to end the contest at any time prior to the 25 entries.

Judging will be done by the sponsor. Winners will be announced as soon as possible after the deadline in this forum and on the main site and by email to the winners.

6) VERY IMPORTANT - Everyone is invited to participate. However please remember that paid writing assignments will only go to Gold or Platinum members. The best Silver will receive a 1 year free Gold membership. But the writing assignment will go to the highest ranked upgraded member in the contest. If a Silver member wins and gets a Gold membership prize, they would be eligible for the writing assignment prize in future contests.

So if you want to be in the pack that could win a writing assignment in this contest you would need to upgrade before the contest is judged. http://www.faithwriters.com/upgrade-gold.php

This contest is open now.

Thanks to everyone for your membership and support. God Bless, Mike & Bea :thankssign

Here is a sample entry to give you some ideas.

God Still Do
(Sample Entry Only) by Haydee Ilagan

God always speaks. In the mighty rushing of waters, the buzzling sounds of the busy streets, in situations beyond our control, in the gentle whispers of the wind, through people, and in complete silence.

When God speaks, it becomes a law. He is perfect and will never lead us in the wrong path. The ultimate expression of His heart is found in the Scriptures, the Logos Word who is Jesus Christ Himself. And the magnificent expression of His love is the sacrifice, death, and resurrection of His beloved Son.

When we're in the womb of our mother, we're already aware of the sounds around us. We became familiar with mom's lullabyes, dad's husky, assuring voice, and the other sounds at home. When we were given birth and as we grew up, we are attuned to the voices of our parents, family, caretakers, teachers, classmates, and friends.

Simultaneously, God speaks even if we do not recognize it is Him. To those who listened to His gentle prodding and tugging of the heart, they respond to Him and accept His love and the gift of eternal life, the salvation of our souls through acceptance of His Son Jesus as Lord and Savior and following God henceforth.

We began attending church services and hearing preachings from our pastor and being involved in ministry. However, we can learn to hear God more through the Bible, the bestselling book of all time and the only Book that can transform lives, heal sicknesses, give hope, and save our souls from sin, sickness, death, and hell.

God is the divine author of the Bible and He inspired 40 different writers in a span of thousands of years with harmony, unity and non-contradiction amidst non-collaboration of writers.

God wants us to meditate on His Word daily, declare them in our mouths, and apply in our lives. That is the secret of a successful and even more than that, a spirit-filled and abundant life.

When we are soaking, marinating, digesting His Words day by day, it becomes part of our entire being – spirit, soul, and body. Whatever we put inside our eyes, ears, mouth, mind, and heart or our gates, became deposited inside of us. Once the Words of God penetrated our being, it brings life, healing, salvation, and freedom.

As you continue on reading God's Word, you will become familiar with His voice which can help you discern the voices you hear – your own, the enemy's, or God Himself. Whatever is aligned according to God's Word, that is the voice of God. On the other hand, whatever contradicts His Word is from the enemy. Whatever is neutral is from our flesh.

As we hear the voice of God through the Scriptures, our minds will be renewed, our lives will be changed and we will become more and more like God in our thoughts, speech, attitudes, behavior, habits, and lifestyle.

No one is perfect. Every human being who lived on earth is prone to commit mistakes and blow it at some point. But, God is always there to pick us up and restore us back to Him if we allow Him to.

There may be times in our life that we may not understand whatever is happening. There is so much pain, troubles, spiritual battles, and adversity that we cannot move on and possibly go on in our lives. Do not lose heart!

Only one Word from God can change your life forever. God is so good to His children. Though we may not be able to see God in our very own eyes, we can see His move in our circumstances. Almost every Bible character has a significant part in God's redemptive plan for mankind. Even in our present day and age, we have our own role to play. Do not ever think that God has left you out. You are always in His heart.
In Exodus 15:26,

And said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in his sight, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases on you, which I have brought on the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.”

As you read God's Word, it will be helpful to see the passages God speaking or if He's speaking through an angel or a person, or Jesus' words or through His mighty acts.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=158643

Author: Haydee Ilagan
FW ID# 60645
Gold Member

End Sample Entry

THIS FORUM IS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES ONLY. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS IN THE QUESTION FORUM UNDER BLOGGING CONTESTS.
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

writewithpurpose
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: God Speaks Blog Contest is OPEN

Postby writewithpurpose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:27 pm

God Speaks In Color

What if God spoke to you on a billboard? Would you pay attention? I bet you would; I know I would. In fact, we long to know the voice of God, and even joke about wishing he would put up a neon sign to speak to us. Struggling with hearing god's voice is normal, but do we know how to go about learning to recognize his voice? There’s now a tool available that will help us, the God Speaks Bible.

Some time ago I felt a strong impression that God was saying, “Look for me in everything.” This means I need to be attentive to his whispers. It’s easy to think his voice will “boom” its way into our heart and mind, but scripture tells us that his voice is a still, small voice. It’s through the Bible that I learn about how god speaks, as I see how he has spoken to others in the past. How God speaks reveals his character, so as I gain more intimate knowledge about him and how he speaks, I will learn to hear his personal voice to me.

The God Speaks Bible highlights God’s words, and lets us see the power behind those words. For example, when God says, “Let there be light,” we know these words are powerful because we see their effect. The sun gives light during the day and the moon by night. It lets us know that God’s word and his light will be with us despite what our personal circumstances reflect. God is a God of light; he is light so, as his children, there’s no place we can go where his light does not go first.

We hear God speak through Moses when the children of Israel see no escape from the Egyptians, as they stand with their back to the Red Sea. “Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord.” What a powerful word to us, when our natural tendency is to fight, struggle, and try to manipulate circumstances instead of getting quiet before the Lord, and trusting him to deliver us, as surely as he did the children of Israel.

God speaks and tells Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. How unthinkable, yet that voice commanded obedience. What does that have to do with 21st century people? It could speak to the idols in our lives; it could call us to obey when it’s costly; and it could encourage us in our faith, and enable us to persevere.

In the New Testament we listen in on the conversation between the woman at the well and Jesus. The woman was so changed by the words of Jesus that she ran to tell everyone in her hometown what just happened; she met a man who told her everything about herself, something only a prophet would know. What does this mean to us? As we hear God speak in this story, we are assured that he knows everything about us, the good and the bad, yet he stops to talk with us. Just as he engaged with the woman at the well, he wants to engage with us.

In the same way, you can read the God Speaks Bible, and listen to how the Lord will whisper his word of comfort, assurance, or conviction. In the hurried society in which we live, it’s easy to get into the habit of just not taking the time to stop and be still. Whatever else calls for our attention can usually wait, but what if what God speaks to us through his word is just what’s needed to face the day in the spirit of an overcomer?

You’ve read about how God still speaks, why not take the time now to stop and listen. In the God Speaks Bible, the words God speaks are in color, similar to how the words of Jesus are in red. It may not be a neon sign, but God is still speaking and his words are powerful.

Gold Member #37098

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=158469
http://live2worshipjesus.wordpress.com/ ... -in-color/
https://www.facebook.com/kathleen.trissel
Kathleen
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21)

"For in him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28).

LindaRogers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Blogging Contest: God Speaks Bible

Postby LindaRogers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 pm

The Bible is Sometimes Greek to Me!

Although my childhood had a lot of religion, it didn't have a lot of "bible". So as a young adult, when I began to want more than ritualism and tradition, I didn't know very much about reading God's word for myself. In fact, I didn't even own a bible back then. The simple process of purchasing one was rather challenging since there were so many options to consider. I still remember my first trip to the Christian bookstore and the clerk who realized exactly how ignorant I was on the subject. She had asked me, "Do you want the Old and the New Testament, or just the New?" I replied "Why would a person want the old version if it's already been rewritten and updated?" I was grateful that she "straightened" me out with gentle, clear words for my historical first bible purchase.

Back then, I was at a point in my life where I had discovered that not everyone believed as I'd been taught about God. I'd seen that some people based their beliefs on what the bible said, rather than on long-standing church doctrines. So I wanted to learn exactly what was written in the bible, often called the "word of God", and make my own choice. And thus began my 24th year of life, in which I spent every spare moment trying to grasp the truth about salvation as God speaks it, not as the clergy had been speaking it to me for almost two decades.

Many verses convicted me of the errors in my prior religious instruction, but only after I received some wise advice to always pray to the Holy Spirit for understanding before sitting down to read the bible. In 2nd Timothy 3: 15, I found this message: "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." I felt somewhat ripped off in that for all the holy traditions I'd participated in while growing up...I hadn't been taught the word from the Bible itself.

In Exodus 15:26 it says: “If you wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.” Many verses told me that just obeying the commandments and being a good person was not enough for eternal salvation. Instead, one night I accepted a real salvation based on grace alone, totally undeserved, which I received by faith in Jesus' death on the cross. What a change for me! Now some thirty years and many bible versions later...I still know beyond a shadow of a doubt how vital it is to be able to understand the words that god speaks in His Holy Scripture.

In my walk with God since becoming a soldier for Him, I've shared my faith with many other seekers...each of them at different points along the path to finding the truth about God. I've seen that others also struggle to choose a Bible version and simply know where to start reading. They can be confused about the overall organization of it before they can start to grasp meaning in the written words. That's why bible study helps and basic instructions can be so incredibly helpful to those seeking God's voice. The words in scripture are our only reliable route to the Truth! In the gospel of John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me." As a Christian, my work for the kingdom of the LORD is to guide the people to Jesus. That's why I promote the reading of God's Word and I encourage people to learn to hear God's voice!

Can you imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application that highlights when god speaks to you? Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is both the President and Founder of OLF and is the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books. He's been featured on TV and in the media. This new study bible is intended to make God's words easier to understand by all who seek Him. There are samples of both Genesis and Revelations available online. Check this out for yourself and help us spread the word.... literally.

Linda Rogers
#61603 / Gold Member

[url][url]http://wisdom3@blogspot.com[/url][/url]
[url][url]http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=158574[/url][/url]

SWafer
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby SWafer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 am

SILVER MEMBER

Equipping the Saints to Hear God's Voice

In a world of chaos, we crave a moment's peace. From the blaring alarm first thing each morning to the latest sitcom in the evening, we are inundated with voices and distractions, busyness and chaos. Even driving our little ones to school or soccer practice becomes a tiresome chore. Shouldn't life be more than dragging ourselves out of bed each day simply to run in circles, and falling into bed at night so we can do it all again, and again, and again?

At some point most of us come to a decision; a decision to get our priorities right, enjoy our kids more, be a better spouse, and become content and thankful for what we have. We tell God we're going to spend more time in prayer and in His Word. Oh, we have the best of intentions, and we usually begin strong. Launching forth at the start line, we are focused, and we are driven.

We set our alarm clocks earlier, peel open tired eyes, sit before our Bible sipping coffee, and waiting in expectation. We tell ourselves that this is what God wants, and this is when God speaks. And oh, how we've longed to hear His voice!

Suddenly we're unsure where to go from here. We half-hazardly flip our Bible open, hoping God will somehow turn these pages for us. We attempt to read, and we ask God what He would say to us in this moment. We try to pray and sit silently waiting for a response. Any response that will assure us He's here, He's listening, and He's speaking.

Our minds begin turning and questioning: Of course He's not speaking. Why would He when I haven't spoken to Him in so long? We are reminded of our failures and we begin to feel oh so small and insignificant next to the Almighty Creator of the universe.

We flip through more pages in our Bible and are left wondering what it all means and how it applies to us. Why do we bother with this 'talking to Jesus and hearing God's voice' thing anyway? What is the point when all we feel is condemnation and rejection? God, are you even there?

God desires so much more for us! He created us to have fellowship with Him (1 Corinthians 1:9), and to worship Him without confusion or question (John 4:23-24). When the Israelites were thirsty, and crying out in despair, God spoke to them and said

"If you will diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statues, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." Exodus 15:26

Are you in that place of thirst and frustration? Do you desperately desire to heed the voice of the Lord your God? Do you crave more from your quiet time with Him?

Through the work of the Holy Spirit and with the conviction that every believer should know the Lord's voice and be able to quickly and easily distinguish His voice from others, God Speaks Bible was created. God Speaks Bible is a tool designed to help you better hear God's voice and better understand His Word. You will be able to easily identify every occurrence and unique way that God speaks in His Word. You will effortlessly locate God's miracles and will in turn grow in your ability to hear His voice and develop greater intimacy with God- your Creator. Learn what it means to abide in Christ and see first-hand His wondrous works.

The study tools offered in this book will bring God's living Word to life, pointing to visions, dreams, and angelic encounters. Your daily time with God can go from frustrating and sporadic to rewarding and Spirit filled. Stop questioning God's voice in your life and start reading God's Word with purpose and understanding.

Author: Stephanie Wafer
Silver Member #62037

http://www.stephaniewafer.blogspot.com/ ... voice.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fing ... 0984547112
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=158750

Contact me by Email at jnswafer@yahoo.com

Paula22466
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Paula22466 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

He Knows Your Name

God calls people by name, “Moses, Moses!” (Exodus 3:4), “Abraham, Abraham!” (Genesis 22:11), and “Simon, Simon” (Luke 22:31). And when God uses the “double call,” He has something vitally important to say.

When God called Moses this way, it was from a burning bush. God told Moses He had seen the agony of His people and heard their cry. God said He knew of their suffering and was going to deliver the Israelites from slavery to a place “flowing with milk and honey.”

Do you long to hear God acknowledge your suffering, to know He has heard your cries of desperation? Do you dream of being delivered from habits of worry, as if your mind were enslaved to torment? Oh what bliss to live in a place of peaceful thoughts and soothing moments, knowing all your needs will be met by a God who calls you, “His.”

When God called, “Abraham, Abraham,” it was to stop Abraham from slaughtering his own son. And God’s voice came just in the nick of time. The wood was on the altar, Abraham’s son was bound, and the knife was in his hand. God not only stopped Abraham, He provided another way.

What if you were about to make a monumental mistake in your life and God stopped you just in the nick of time? What if you had learned to lean in, cup your ear, and listen for His voice? We are faced with crossroads daily, critical decisions to be made, which way do we go? Jobs, marriage, divorce, parenting, friendships, health.

“Simon, Simon,” Jesus said to Simon Peter, as a warning. Peter thought his faith could withstand any attack but Jesus told him that Satan had “demanded” to have him and before the day was over Peter will have denied knowing Christ, three times. Peter heard this warning plainly, but quickly forgot when later he did just what Christ had predicted. In the midst of Peter’s denial he looked up to meet his Lord’s gaze, then he remembered. Peter’s shame was paramount.

How many times has God tried to warn us? Called to us in the middle of our brazenness as we plow ahead forgetting the world is full of danger, traps, evil. Don’t we get prideful and say, “That won’t happen to me,” only to later wish we’d recalled and taken heed of the warnings?

God hasn’t stopped calling people by name. He is calling you. Just like Moses, He wants to express His willingness to take care of you. Just like Peter, Jesus wants you to hear the warnings so that when your eyes finally meet His – there will be no shame.

How can you hear God? You don’t have to look for a burning bush or build an altar – all you have to do is read His Word. Recently there has been a color coded study Bible created to help you locate, on the pages, exactly when God is speaking. This isn’t a new version, eventually it will be available in your favorite version. Just as a “red letter” Bible has all of Christ’s words in red, the “God Speaks Bible,” using the same premise, has all of God’s words highlighted.

You can get this exciting new tool, help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God’s voice. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible. Richard has experienced the intimacy of hearing God when He calls; he wants to help others hear Him as well. Won’t you come along side this movement, hear God call your name, and help others do the same?

Paula Titus
Platinum Member #30900

Visit my Blog! – My Writeful Place
FW Article
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

gpm
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby gpm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

God speakingAre you listening?

God speaks but are you listening? Like a gentle summer breeze comes His small still voice in your heart. Jeremy Camp said it well in a song, “How majestic is your whisper.” His voice is symbolized in the bible as being like many rushing waters, God speaking is powerful as well as gentle.

God started the whole creation process with speech “Let there be light and there was light. His Word is so powerful and alive that when He speaks it, instantly reality is revealed. Hebrews 4:12” For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Imagine Jesus swooshing a sword every time He utters a Word, that driving Word directly into your heart being able to judge your every thought spiritual from physical. The intentions are of your heart cannot be hidden from His powerfully spoken Word.

His very spoken Word that created the stars, galaxies and neighboring planets of earth, is the very same Word that creates within a the human heart a new spirit and a new creation. God’s word transforms a listening ear from glory to glory and makes a man of wisdom and learning all the wiser. Heed the Word of God and you will be changed into a new creation from being born again to evolving into a powerful tool in the hands of the living God.

Paul the greatest of the apostles, the shining example in the New Testament of the Bible was knocked off His horse and surrounded by the glorious word of Jesus Christ in the form of blinding light. Jesus the Son of God spoke these life changing words to him” Arise go into the city and you will be told what to do.” This word encounter changed Paul’s life direction and transformed him into the legendary apostle who changed the world for Jesus Christ through his powerful writing and preaching!
Many years ago, God spoke to my heart as a young teenager lost in the world of drugs and liquor saying “Where would you go if you died tonight? You are presently separated from My presence. Come to Me and I will turn your life around and deliver you from the snare of death, drugs and permanent separation from Me.”

I heard God’s voice and He changed my life forever and saved my soul from hell and death by his powerful word found “in John 3:16” For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” So you see God is speaking and if you are listening His Word will change you forever!

Involve yourself in the dynamic ministry of Richard Mull creator of “God Speaks Bible” and founder of Operation Life Force (OLF) Ministries. Cast your eyes upon their website” God speaks.com” and feast on their multi colored coded bible. Making it easy to find all the references in the bible where God speaks through His miracles, other people and His Son Jesus Christ. Other colors include God speaking in the first person, through angelic messengers and the Holy Spirit speaking through the inspired writers of the sacred text.
https://www.facebook.com/greg.mancini.p ... ef=tn_tnmn
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159217
Author:Greg Mancini
Gold Member
FW ID:61535

coachlindaberg
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby coachlindaberg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:54 pm

“Where are you, God?”

“Where are you, God? Why have you forsaken me?” They weren’t audible words but words that ran over and over in my mind.

The guttural moans filled the quiet of the early morning hours as I lay myself prostate on the bedroom floor. For a period of time the crying continued, as I was unable to speak.

The family crisis of abuse, sin, betrayal, desperation and chaos was overwhelming. I could not get my mind around it. My heart could not accept the emotional pain.

“Why is in times of crisis and anxiety I seem to fail so miserably in being able to stay focused on God?”

Within seconds, the crying and mental turmoil stopped.

“God’s Word, God’s Word! It brings peace!”

I got up from the floor and went to my bedside table where my bible lay. I opened it and searched hungrily for a passage that would settle my mind and heart.

I turned to Isaiah 40: 28-31 and read, “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

God’s Word was speaking to my mind and heart and I was listening.

I felt my blood pressure begin to drop. The palpitations of my heart, only moments before running wild, settled to a regular beat. I no longer felt the intensive chest pressure of short, shallow fearful breaths of anxiety. I became calm and quiet. I felt peace. His peace.

Praying with surrender to God’s understanding of the situation., “Lord, I thank you for your peace, for your peace which passes all understanding. Thank you for your word, your word which speaks truth, and life and peace to my unsettled mind and spirit.”

I could feel His strength. I knew in that moment that I need not faint but could walk faithful in trust of his care for my family.

God speaks! He speaks through his word. His word is not like any other book, “For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

It’s alive! Alive and active! Not some words of long ago ancient days that have grown outdated and obsolete. His word speaks words for today.

We must be intentional in building a legacy of hearing God for our families. Are we telling them it is the only offensive weapon we have for the spiritual battles of life? Are we telling them it is the primary tool for the renewing of our minds? Are we modeling a life lived in and by the hearing of the word of God?

We must also be intentional in telling a hurting and lost world of people all around us, God still speaks. Are we sharing with them that God’s Word speaks of the relationship between God and man? Are we sharing with them that God’s Word speaks of reconciliation when our sin has separated us in that relationship? Are we sharing with them that God’s Word gives a message that can set captives free?

God’s Word speaks! It speaks truth, grace, love, direction, hope, peace and of our future.

Want to help promote the reading of God’s Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God’s voice? Imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

http://godspeaksbible.com/

NIV Isaiah 40:28-31, Philippians 4:7, Hebrews 4:12

This article also posted at these locations:
http://coachlindaberg.blogspot.com/
http://attheendofthesceptre.wordpress.c ... -a-mother/
http://www.faithwriters.com

Author: Linda Berg
ID: 61604
Gold Member
Linda Berg

MPFG
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby MPFG » Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 pm

God Speaks Bible: "His Very Breath"

His Very Breath 4/7/13

In God’s time
And in God’s ways
I see the light
Of His face.

I stay in wait
For His voice,
And when I hear
I rejoice!

Not just to hear,
But then to do,
The way He sees,
Within His view.

My own eyes
Seem so dim
Until I look
Only to Him.

Thank You, Lord,
For all Your ways,
That You give
Within Your days!

Your good will
Is full and wise,
And within You
There never lies

The fear of life
Or fear of death,
For You give
Your very breath

To my soul,
So wide, so deep,
Is Your love
That always keeps.

Always, in all ways, to god the honor and praise!

Copyright 2013 by Brenda LaVelle

I really feel like this poem is the essence of the divine conception of Richard Mull in bringing the God Speaks Bible into creation! I see this revolutionary and revealing Bible as God’s gift to the world of His very breath and will for the understanding and clarity of His Word.

On my 60th birthday God is speaking to me about the things that are important in my life today. As I shared early on, He is “First, Second, and Third.” And as I was looking back through my journal this morning He pointed me to this poem He gave me a few weeks ago, and now I know it was intended for this very purpose.

Does God speak to you? He wants to speak to all of us in His Word! Many people don’t read their Bible because they have a difficult time understanding much of its meaning and implications. Many feel like God is speaking in mysterious ways in the Bible.

But God does work in mysterious ways, as I am no longer depressed, but very excited to acquaint you with the passion and zeal I have for the “Good News” for all of you today about the God Speaks Bible! It is on the presses and will be ready for distribution hopefully the last of May or the first part of June.

This is not a new translation, but an enhancement of the New English Translation, of all ways God speaks to us within His Word where His words are color-coded in different highlights, be it in first person, through an angel, a passage where God is speaking, through man, words of Jesus, and miracles and acts of God.

This is a Bible you will become enthusiastic about reading! The God Speaks Bible is eliminating so much confusion about what God is saying and how. God wants us to hear Him and I honestly believe that He is totally behind and in this project Richard Mull has begun to help all of us better understand not only His Word, but also Who He is!

This Bible will surely be an absolute encouragement as a vital tool to help all begin or keep pursuing their personal relationship with God. This is a Light and a Gift to the world! And to and from God!

Can humans really hear God speak about His will for and interest in or personal lives? Yes, definitely! The Bible contains much of the information He wants us to have concerning His thoughts, values, attributes, and wisdom of His Creation. When we are hearing God speak, we begin to know Him. And He WANTS us to know Him intimately, as He knows us!

In reading the Bible, praying, meditating, and speaking to Him about His Word, each individual seeking our Almighty God Himself in sincerity and humility, will have as his Helper the Holy Spirit of God imparting upon him how to hear His voice. We weren’t meant to live in ignorance of God’s thoughts and will, but have been given His clear, concise instructions for living a Christ-like life and how to please and obey Him His way.

The God Speaks Bible clearly distinguishes every verse spoken by God, such as Exodus 15:26 following:

Click on the links to God Speaks Bible!

Want to help promote the reading of God’s Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God’s voice? Imagine a color coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

In Christ,

Brenda LaVelle

Copyright 2013 by Brenda LaVelle

Article posted at:

http://mypoemsfromgod.com/god-speaks-bi ... ry-breath/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159282

Author: Brenda LaVelle
Platinum member
Member ID:33275
Last edited by MPFG on Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

baltssl13f
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby baltssl13f » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 pm

The Voice

“Cain, what have you done?”

“Noah, come thou and all your house into the Ark.”

“Hagar, from where did you come? and where will you go?”

“Abimalech, you are but a dead man, for the woman which you have taken is a man’s wife.”

“David, you are the man.”

“Fear not, Mary, for you have found favor with God.”

Promises, reprimands, warnings, and encouragement. The Bible records countless stories of people hearing God's voice and they heard it in many different ways. God spoke directly and audibly to Cain and to Noah. To Cain, God demanded a reckoning. To Noah, He offered a long-awaited invitation. The Angel of the LORD found Hagar in the wilderness and asked questions of her, then gave her strict instructions. Abimalech received his warning message through a dream in which God visited him. David’s rebuke came through the mouth of the prophet Nathan, first in the form of a parable, then in truthful accusation. An angel visited Mary with a very special announcement from the LORD: she would give birth to the Messiah.

Some of these people were not seeking God when they heard His voice. Abimalech was a heathen king; Hagar, an Egyptian maidservant; Cain, a murderous rebel. Yet God cared enough for each of them to be personally involved in their lives. He does that for believers, too! We, like David, may need a rebuke. Like Mary, we may need clear direction as to what it is God wants us to do for Him. Or we may need to be reminded of God’s words to Joshua: “I will never fail you, nor forsake you (Josh. 1:5).”

What questions would we be asked if we could hear God speaking ? What would He be saying to us? Reading His Word is one of the most important ways God speaks to us, but are we overlooking nuggets of truth buried in hundreds of pages? Are we gleaning the best of God’s Word or getting confused in today’s multi-page menu of Bible choices?

The God Speaks Study Bible may be just what you and your brothers and sisters in Christ are looking for. The God Speaks Bible is not a new translation. It is your current favourite translation that makes God’s personal messages come alive!

Author: Sharon Balts
Platinum member
Member number 61511
Last edited by baltssl13f on Fri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RethaGroenewald
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby RethaGroenewald » Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 am

Colorful Voice of God

“You have one opportunity to prove to me God Speaks to us,” the chairman said. “On the table are three different objects you can choose from. These objects are to be used with your Bible. We will convene here, in the boardroom, on Monday morning. Each of you will have 10 minutes to convince me that God speaks. The meeting was adjourned.

John and Peter rushed to the table. John grabbed the laptop, and Peter grabbed the Bible software. Jeremiah was left with a set of colored pens.

The three had a busy weekend with little sleep....and it was Monday. Once again they were sitting around the boardroom table. The chairman looked across the table at the three candidates: “John, you may begin. Your ten minutes starts now. Confidently John stood up and began his presentation using the laptop to present a beautifully, organized slide show. The chairman clapped his hands after the presentation, and John sat down, satisfied.

“Peter, you are next.” Peter stood up, and if possible, he was more confident than John. The chairman also clapped his hands when Peter finished his presentation.

“Jeremiah, it is your turn.” When Jeremiah stood up, the other two snickered when they saw what he had in his hands…colored pens and his Bible.

“Sir,” Jeremiah addressed the chairman, “May I ask my colleagues some questions during my presentation?” Surprised and intrigued the chairman agreed.

Jeremiah cleared his throat, and said, “I know God speaks to us. The question I needed to answer was how. How do I prove it? This weekend was probably the greatest adventure of my life. God spoke to me in a new and empowering way. I would like to show you today how God is speaking to you and me, every time we open our Bibles.

“John, do you want to hear God’s voice?”

“Of course,” John replied.

“What about seeing when God is speaking to us?”

“What,” John asked surprised.

“God speaks in different ways to us every day, wherever we are. The Bible is full of His words,” Jeremiah explained, opening his Bible. His Bible had various colored markings on the pages. John and Peter burst out laughing.

Jeremiah smiled, opening his Bible to Luke 18 verses 16 and 17. “The Bible tells us that we should receive the kingdom of God like a child.”

“What does the verse have to do with God speaking to us, and us hearing God's voice,” the chairman asked.

“The Bible verse was very relevant to me, because the tools I had in my hand were the tools of a child…coloring pens.” Jeremiah replied. “The words are the words Jesus Christ spoke. I marked all His words with the color red.”

“So what,” Peter said sarcastically. “There are many Bibles with Jesus’ words marked in red.”

“True,” Jeremiah continued calmly. “These words in red prove that Jesus speaks to us. Jeremiah turned to the Old Testament. “I have chosen the color of royalty, purple, to mark where God speaks directly in first person,” he continued. “God also speaks to us through visions, dreams and angels. Those words I marked with blue. When somebody speaks on God’s behalf in the third person, I marked the words with the color brown, and when a passage refers to God speaking, I marked it with green. God also speaks to us through His miracles. I have chosen the color gold for all God’s miracles and different acts of God.”

The chairman couldn't contain the excitement anymore. “In other words, this written proof shows us, not only that God speaks to us, but how much He speaks to us. Jeremiah, you have truly proven that God speaks to us. I can see it with my own eyes. You have created a God Speaks Bible. We need to share this. ”

“What about when you don’t have your Bible with you,” Peter asked.

Jeremiah smiled, “We develop an app for tablets and phones for people to use.”

The alarm went off, waking Jeremiah from his dream. “What a strange dream,” Jeremiah thought getting out of the bed. “It would be wonderful to have such a Bible. I wonder if my dream can come true.” Jeremiah stepped on something. He looked down. “What is a purple pen doing on the floor?”

URL: Discover Bible Treasures blog - http://www.discoverbibletreasures.com/c ... ds-of-god/
URL: Article here - http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159321
Name: Retha Groenewald
Membership Number: 62196
Memberhsip Type: Gold

lrmoses
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: God Speaks Blog OPEN until 5-15 or 25 entries.

Postby lrmoses » Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 am

Listen Up Sheep! Colors Bring The Bible Alive

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27 (NLT)

Ok, I’ll admit it. Just between you and me, sometimes when I read my Bible my brain is in another place and I can’t focus on what I am reading. I can read through a whole chapter only to realize I didn’t pay attention and consequently didn’t understand what I read. I’m not sure who I think I’m kidding. Truly, I’m not connecting with God when I do this, I’m too preoccupied with my own stuff and reading without comprehension isn’t going help me hear God. Maybe it’s just me, but do you sometimes find yourself in a similar predicament? Well let me tell you, we aren’t going to develop a deeper relationship with our Heavenly Father under these circumstances.

If we can’t understand His word or we get distracted by the pressures of our lives, how are we going to hear Him speaking to us? First, of course, God has to be our number one priority. Only you can decide if that’s the spot He holds in your life.

But then what? How do we hear Him in our fast-paced, media-driven society, that’s constantly vying for our attention? I think the answer lies in a promise He made to us and in how He created us.

He said, “If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you.” Exodus 15:26 (NLT)

God fashioned us all with five senses. I’m sure his intention was that we would use these senses to help us successfully navigate life, especially as it concerns our relationship with Him. Most of us have become accustomed to using our senses to deal with the barrage of information the world uses to get our attention. Sadly, this information usually isn’t aimed at helping us grow in our relationship with God.

Richard Mull wanted to change that. He wanted to write a book to help people know how to hear from God. As he started researching the Bible for his book, something astounding happened. God led Richard to the idea of using colors as an approach that will help many of us read the Bible in a new and exciting way. Richard has taken the entire Bible and color-coded or highlighted it to help readers discern when God is speaking. He is appropriately calling it The God Speaks Study Bible. This revolutionary study Bible will reveal:

When God is speaking
When Angels are speaking on God’s behalf
When a passage is talking about God speaking
When Man is speaking on God’s behalf
When Jesus is speaking
When Miracles and Acts of God happen
Author’s note: The descriptions above came from the God Speaks website.

Stories in the Bible are written with rich imagery that describes the scenes that are unfolding as we read. Some Bibles even have a few charts to help make sense of difficult passages. I love it when I find a map or the words of Christ in red because it helps me comprehend what I am reading on a deeper level. The God Speaks Study Bible takes studying the Word of God to a whole new level that will help many better hear and understand what God is saying to each and every one of us. Please join us in this exciting new adventure.

Author: Lynn Moses
Gold Member # 48483

esther64
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby esther64 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Does God speak today?

A question asked since Jeremiah's and Moses' time. In the book of Genesis, we read about God speaking to Adam as we would talk to each other. Also in the Bible we can read about God's conversations with Abraham, later with Cain, and even later, with Noah. We have read about God speaking to different people by different ways like dreams, angels, burning bush, prophets and different circumstances.

I want to share with you just some from a many wonderful experiences about how God spoke to me during my spiritual journey.

Through His Word – Bible . If we truly walk on God’s Word we will hear God speaking directly to us through it.

Some years ago I had an invitation to the wedding of my friends in California. Living in Europe it was hard to decide this because I needed to get visa, and the tickets were expensive. But I had the desire to visit my friends. The night before my interview in Embassy I couldn't sleep. I had doubts about my visa and I felt bad thinking that I spent money in vain. In the morning I opened the bible and my eyes were lead to Hebrews 4:16 (NIV) “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need”. I got peace in my heart that God holds in control all my life and desires. Some time after that I spent a wonderful summer with my friends in California.

Through Holy Spirit. When we accept Christ into our hearts as Lord and Savior of our lives, we get a gift from God - the Holy Spirit. Jesus told to his disciples: “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come” (John 16:13).

Through Other People. God says that He will use His people as “instruments for special purposes” (2 Timothy 2:21). These instruments may be in the form of people through books, TV programs, and sermons.

One day the pastor called us to collect money for a family in needs. I had another plan to administrate the money from my wallet… and my heart was closed in that morning to respond. In the same day it was stolen and I had to lose much more than I could give for the good thing.

Through Life Circumstances. God often uses to communicate His extraordinary love through life’s circumstances. Did you lose a job? Flight get delayed? Are you sick? Don’t blame God but ask Him what He might be saying through it all. Paul says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who] have been called according to his purpose” (NIV, Romans 8:28).

Through Dreams and Visions. There are several points in Bible where it says that God speaks to us through visions and dreams. The skeptics can say this is not true in today’s Church.

For a long long time I prayed God to use me in ministry and one day after a long walking through valley of sufferings I had a dream – I saw the martyrs who song new song to the Lord with diamond crown on them head and hearing God’s voice: "If you want be with them suffer all what I have to give you and I will bless you". Later God send me in ministry and He blessed me abundantly.

Maybe you think it happened in past with very simple people, but in such a modern world like today with sophisticated and high technology God does not talk more or maybe you think you are very educated to believe that God can talk to you. Our society tells us that if we hear voices in our head, then we must be crazy. But Moses was educated in a civilization and his training was designed to prepare him for a high office, or even the throne of Egypt. He was schooled in writing and literary ideas of that time and witnessed the administration of justice. But God spoke to him from a burning bush and Moses obeyed Him. God speaks to us directly and today. Let we hear and answer Him like Samuel “Speak, for your servant is listening”.

I will be exited to be involved in this work for God and my desires is help promote the reading and listening of God’s Word and encourage people to learn how is to hear God’s voice. Imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Won’t you come along side this movement, hear God call your name, and help others do the same?

Tanya Siza,
http://tatianagolic.wordpress.com/2013/ ... eak-today/
FW ID: 62030
Gold member

http://godspeaksbible.com/

1. Bible
2. God speaks
3. God speaking
4. God speak
5. hearing God’s voice

goldenvee
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: God Speaks Blog OPEN,

Postby goldenvee » Wed May 08, 2013 4:14 pm

SILVER MEMBER

THE GOOD NEWS
It is not a surprise that Christians still wonder if God speaks.I have heard people asking the question,how do you know that God is the one speaking? I have also asked that question myself,wondering within me who actually is speaking. One thing I have realised is that God speaks to his people,and His words are still the same.God speaks to us everyday and if we are sensitive to His Spirit we'll hear him.He speaks to us through His written Word,the bible,through people and by the inward leading of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible is the most important means of Hearing from God.And that is why we have to study our bible to know what God is saying to us. Everything we want to know in life can be linked to the bible. If we want to live a fulfilled life,the bible is there to help us,but we can only have knowledge of them when we study the bible. The book of Hosea 4:6 says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge". God wants us to have knowledge of His Word so that we can live the life which He has called us to live.

During creation,God spoke and said "Let there be light,and there was light". So it all started in the beginnning. When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden,God called out to Adam in Genesis 3:9,"And the Lord God called unto Adam,and said unto him,where art thou? In verse 10 Adam answered,"And he said I heard thy voice in the garden,and I was afraid,because I was naked,and I hid myself. They actually had a conversation,showing that God indeed speaks.

God wants to have a relationship with us,and we can not have a good relationship without commitment. We are committed to the relationship we have with our friends and family,we spend hours talking with them.The same way God wants us to spend quality time with Him. We have to walk conscious of the fact that we have a relationship with God.

Hearing from God is essential in our daily life,therefore we need to stay focused and learn not to procastinate when it comes to studying the bible. We must study the bible if we want to hear from God,the bible is His Word and He is not separate from His Word,He is His Word. God's Word are powerful and can do anything. It can make all things beautiful and can break the power of the enemy.

Many who wonder if God speaks,God speaks,and the good news is that we now have a solution,something that will help us know when God speaks.Imagine a color-coded study Bible and multi-media application that highlights when God speaks to us,even when man speaks. It makes reading bible easy and fulfilling,it's amazing. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did,setting captives free,healing and preaching. Richard Mull is both the president and founder of OLF and the general Editor of the God Speaks Bible and many other books. He has been featured on TV and media.Help us share the good news.

Author:Victoria Aka
Silver Member.

Hosea 4:6
Genesis 3:9,10
KJV.
Other Locations Posted,
https://www.facebook.com/livingafulfilledlife?ref=hl

http://goldenvee.blogspot.com/2013/05/t ... -news.html
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159472

nesnan
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby nesnan » Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 am

SILVER MEMBER

AGELESS WORD OF GOD

“Are they getting married to each other? I think they came to invite you for their wedding.” It was the 'n'th time that my mother enquired of me. I had already told her that the boy and girl who had come to invite me for the girl's wedding were from a bunch of students of mine. They were a group of very closely knit boys and girls who were pals in a true sense. I had told her that it was common for a boy and a girl to go together by bike. But even after knowing and accepting the fact that boys and girls could be friends, she just couldn't take a bride-to-be going in another man's bike. “How can it be?” was her only question. By her continued questioning, she seemed to be convincing herself that they must be the bride and the groom and thus in the right than in the wrong!

My mother is 84 years old and had been a teacher. Being in India and considering her age one can easily understand her mentality. Hers were days when only the married, not even the yet to get married could go out together, especially in bikes as it needed holding the man. I tried to convince her that in these days it was very common and they meant no wrong and were friends as any two girls or boys could be. But she seemed unable to come to grips with the fact. In my attempt to ease her worried heart, I said “Mother, these days it is very common for a boy and a girl to go out together, even holding hands. No one will take it amiss. But if boy or a girl holds hands of those of their own sex, surely they will be misunderstood!” My mother seemed shocked and confused. “Why should they be misunderstood? What's wrong if two boys hold each other's hands?” The discussion that ensued left her aghast. My poor mother was totally flabergasted by the concept of gay sex!

“Oh my God! What has this world come to!” she exclaimed with consternation. “But mother!” I said “This is no new concept. Have you not read about the destruction of Sodom in the <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">Bible</a>?” “Ofcourse I have read, but how is it connected to what you have just spoken?” She was a very devout Christian and had brought us up on a very strong foundation of faith. But reading of the Bible was something which she never did with all her heart. It was her feeling that the old testament was too full of violence and 'not so good' things. I had often tried to convince her that God was the only Hero of the Bible and the people in it were portrayed in their true colors even though they were considered to be great; unlike the heros portrayed by the world. But even this argument had not drawn her to reading the Bible.

“Tell me why was Sodom destroyed?” She asked me. I just took out Chapter 19 from Genesis. “Read and find out yourself.” I said. My mother is an avid reader, especially of story books. “Instead of reading those story books which are far from truth, why not read the Bible which has far more interesting stories and hide no truth?” I asked her. Then I became busy with my own work and almost after two hours when I discovered that I had not heard a word from my mother, I went to discover. To my utter amazement, my mother was totally engrossed in reading the Bible which my sister had gifted her a few years ago, but had failed to inspire her to read. “Did you find out the reason why Sodom was destroyed?” I asked her. She just blushed and shook her head in the affirmative and continued reading as if her life depended on it.

I have since then found her reading this ageless Word of God. When <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">God Speaks</a>, His words remain true for any day and any time to guide our steps in the right direction. She is now reading the book of Judges and hardly a month has elapsed since she started it. It has become the most important part of her daily agenda. Anyone can see the joy and peace that her face radiates these days. The Bible contains so many promises, one of which is in Exodus 15:26
which says “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in his sight, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases on you, which I have brought on the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.” I have discovered long ago that God truely speaks in the words of the Bible. He has used it as a double edged sword in my own life. I have discovered that no one can remain the same when touched by His words.

What about you? Would you like to make this word a guiding light to your every step? What if we have a Bible which would tell us the word in different colors highlighting the words that God speaks, His Angels speak, the words of Christ, and so on? And then, I am sure you would like to help promote the reading of God's Word and encourage people to learn how to hear God's voice? Imagine a color coded study <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">Bible</a> and multi-media application highlighting when God speaks to you. Operation Light Force (OLF) is a ministry devoted to equipping people to do what Jesus did, setting captives free, healing and preaching. Richard Mull is the President and Founder of OLF and the General Editor of the <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">God Speaks Bible</a> and many other books and was featured on TV and media. Help us spread the word.

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=158643

Author: Nancy H. Vaz
FW ID # 35474
Silver member
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID ... =dashboard

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm

The anxiety washed over me as I looked at the clock. I had an appointment to meet with my minister, but my panic at leaving my house overwhelmed me.

I grabbed the phone and dialed the number. Pastor Jamie had reassured me that he could counsel me via the phone if my mild agoraphobia blocked my way. I felt so angry at myself. All I had to do is drive to town. What’s the big deal? By now, my trembling hands dropped the phone. I wiped away the sweat as I heard the church secretary answer the phone.

“Hi, Sandy, it’s Shann. I was supposed to meet Jamie, but it’s too snowy out.” I squeezed my eyes shut, blocking my view of the tiny bit of snow outside my window.

I choked back the tears when I heard Sandy’s words. “Oh, Jamie isn't even here.”

A voice mocked me. “See you’re not important. He didn't even remember the appointment.”

Trying to muffle my sobs with fake laughter, I answered, “That’s okay.”

Just as I started to hang up, Sandy called out. “Shann, wait, he just walked in. Do you want to talk to him?”

“No, I don't want to bother him. Thanks.” I tossed the phone down and collapsed. The voice in my head continued to taunt me. I grabbed my Bible. “Please, God, make him call back. If you really care about me, then make him call me back.”

Sobs wracked my body. Thoughts of hurting myself echoed in my mind. Looking up, I screeched, “Please God, make him call me! If he doesn't call by 11:00, it proves that no one cares and I should just die!”

This time I heard a different voice. Goosebumps popped out on my arms. “No. You call him.” I tried to shake the words away as I carelessly flipped open my Bible.

Again I heard it. This time I noticed my right hand moved towards the phone as I heard the command, “No. You call him.”

I blinked my eyes and grabbed my right hand and held it down with my left. “No, if he really cares, then he'll call me.”

Each time I heard God speak, my right hand would reach for the phone, but my left hand would hold it back. Swallowing my tears and my pride I picked up the phone and called the number.

This time Jamie answered immediately. “Oh Shann, I was so worried. As soon as Sandy told me you didn't want to talk, I knew something was wrong. I wanted to call you right away, but each time I reached for the phone, someone would come into the office. I decided I'd fill out this paperwork and call you in about three minutes.”

I looked at the clock and realized in three minutes, my self-imposed deadline proving that someone cared would have been one minute too late. I told him the story of the voice and my left hand holding down my right hand, preventing it from reaching the phone. Jamie knows me well and realized that I had decided no one cared as I told him my story.

I couldn't believe I heard him laughing on the other end of the phone. “Shann, do you have any doubt that you were hearing God's voice?”

“No, I’m sure it was his voice.”

Again Jamie chuckled. “You know I care about you, right?”

“Yeah, but I'm sure you have more important things to do. I don't want to waste your time.”

“Don’t you get it? You demanded God show you proof that you are loved and he did. God is much busier than I am, yet he took the time to come and speak to you directly. Not only that, but every time I tried to call you, he threw an obstacle in my path. He wanted to tell you personally that you matter to him. He loves you enough that He spoke to you directly and even made your hand move. What more proof do you need?”

When we finished talking, I glanced down at my open Bible, “I will turn you around and drag you along…” (Ezekiel 39:2) I had proof that not only did God speak to me, but he cared enough to move my arm. I'm still overwhelmed by the way God shows that he loves me. He proved it by taking time out of his busy day to tell me so.

Shann-Hall-LochmannVanBennekom
Platinum Member
FW ID#46721

http://shannhlvb.blogspot.com/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=159500
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Next

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities