To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

January Contest - One Hundred Percent Winners are HERE!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

Pat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: January Blog Contest "One Hundred Percent" IS NOW OPEN!

Postby Pat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Fragile Innocence

She was hungry, she was weak, she was tired, and she knew when she saw light on the floor that food would be coming soon.

She scooted off the mat into what warmth the early sun provided through the blinds; her scamper creating a swirl of fine dust. She watched the free form of their movements—a glint here and there, always enchanted, splaying her fingers through their untouchable beauty.

But she feared the window.

She had tried to stretch her arm through the bars as far as it would go hoping someone on the street would notice and come help her. Someone did come, but not to help take her back home.

Her legs felt shaky, her bottom hurt, and her tummy grumbled so she hugged her knees real close. She closed her eyes and lifted her face into the light that was becoming a little brighter, and a little warmer. It made the inside of her lids a pretty color. She believed if she breathed in real deep, the light would fill her with its warm power and protect her somehow.

It was a tiny bit of comfort to a tiny bit of a heart.

They called her, Girl.

She never knew how long she would have to wait but it was the only constant in her life that didn’t include a man. She was to call them Uncles.

Food, tea, a thorough scrub, and a studied inspection of her whole body came once a day from women—Aunties, to her. They paid special attention to the places where the Uncles played their games; they sponged water everywhere so not to waste it.

If she cried, the Aunties would grab her hair and yank her up on her toes and shake her head. She should appreciate the food, the mat, the tea. Uncles liked to play special games and a little girl was a part of those games. Uncles wanted pretty little faces and little bodies smooth and tender. Water was not easy to get, and she had tea, and a bath. The Uncles worked hard to pay for it all, just for her. How lucky she was!

Her heart started to beat fast. It hurt.

She heard soft steps coming up the stairs. Sometimes they were loud steps. She never saw the faces of those who brought her food but she recognized their feet, for she must always keep her eyes lowered in their presence. No one ever spoke.

She moaned quietly to her feet to greet the bearer of such luxuries as tea. Head bowed, hands folded, legs wobbly.

The knob rattled, the door swung easily on crooked hinges. Girl’s heart beat faster. Her crumpled undergarment hung loose on a thin frame concealing its fragile innocence in the quiet light of hope.

A tray clanked on the floor and soft steps came within sight. She didn’t recognize this Auntie’s feet. A hand moved, Girl tensed . . . a flash of fear rushed through her chest. Auntie touched her exposed shoulder, “Little one?” Girl tried to breathe quietly and not flinch.

The Auntie bent down and looked up into Girl’s eyes and smiled, "Soon, little one." she whispered, “Soon.” then got up and hurried to the door. Girl dared to peek from under curious lashes. Auntie caught her glance and gestured not to speak—sad eyes meeting another. The crooked door slammed shut.

Girl wondered if it was another game.

She lifted her face and took in another deep breath of light.

Her throat ached.

She had learned to cry with no tears.

Pat Guy
Premium

Author’s footnote: Contrary to what we would like to happen, it takes time to coordinate a rescue, and the funds for each step. Please feel free to repost this with the links below as you wish.

Thank you.
Pat Guy

Want to help and make the most impact in situations like this? What if one hundred percent (100%) of your donation went directly to those in need?Wellspring International is an arm of Ravi Zacharais International Ministries. Ravi is a well known International speaker and defender of the Christian Faith. Administered by Ravi’s daughter Naomi Zacharais , Wellspring covers their own expenses, investigates all requests for funds thoroughly, often going to the location. They do the research so you can be confident that your money goes where you want it to. One Hundred Percent (100%) of your money goes to help women and children in crisis.

kavod333
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: January Blog Contest "One Hundred Percent" IS NOW OPEN!

Postby kavod333 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 am

Unbound
by: Kavod333

For the third time, I was taken into the van, confined in rehab, tied in bed, and at times straitjacketed with loads of injections and anti-depressants of all shapes and sizes. I could not sleep for days or weeks, full of fears, worries, doubts, and anxieties. I felt so empty, traumatized, abused, hurt, wounded with no amount of meds, doctor, therapy and counseling could help me. I became suicidal and lost my cognitive memory for 2 straight years because of spinal tap. My family said they could not handle me and my depression so the only solution was to to put me in a facility.

The same story unfolded for 12 years since I was 16. I felt so alone even with the company of Christian believers praying for me, doing deliverance and altar calls here and there.

However, God led me to a ministry that significantly healed my depression and restored my memory in 2007. After two years, God blessed me with freelancing creative writing jobs.

But in 2010, it seemed all hell broke loose. I believed I stepped out of the will of God and traveled somewhere for an international missions training that put my life in danger but God intervened and rescued me.

But because of my past, the stigma, and the shameful things I did known to almost everyone within my circle, people put a label on me no matter how much healing, restoration, and wholeness God has already done for me.

And for the past three years, I suffered continuous verbal harassment, mockery, sarcasm, and connivance by wicked people who knew about my past and wanted to do great damage to me even to the point of attempting to kill me in my condo unit. Everywhere I go they follow and harass me.

Until three weeks ago, I began seeking God, crying out to Him, forgiving all my enemies, meditating, declaring, and applying the Words of God and renewing my mind and seeing who God is and who I really am.

Praise God that for four days now I was set free and that no amount of harassment can take away my inner peace and identity in Christ.

He set me free before learning about Wellspring International, a ministry that rescues, rehabilitates, and restores women and children at risk in human trafficking, sex slavery, prostitution, and other human injustices.

I can identify and see the pain of each of these women and children with no one to believe, protect, and rescue them except God through the hands of ministries like Wellspring International. My experience seems so miniscule compared to the bride burning, women and kids with HIV/AIDS, orphaned kids, destitute elderly, refugees and those in poverty.

I know how it feels to be given a label, to be shunned, exploited, abused, and not to be believed and helped even by my own family. Just by knowing all about the horrible things that befell these victims touched my being and compelled me to find inner strength in God alone so that I can also help them.

Wellspring International is a wellspring that gives relief, refreshment, ease and above all gives life back to victims with rivers of living waters. They live by the verse –

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.” 1 John 4:1 ESV

Imagine a world where every person cares for even just one person and do something like listening to her story, sharing the gospel, and rescue her from that situation.

Want to help and make the most impact in situations like this? What if one hundred percent (100%) of your donation went directly to those in need? Wellspring International is an arm of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. Ravi is a well known International speaker and defender of the Christian Faith. Administered by Ravi’s daughter Naomi Zacharias , Wellspring covers their own expenses, investigates all requests for funds thoroughly, often going to the location. They do the research so you can be confident that your money goes where you want it to. One Hundred Percent (100%) of your money goes to help women and children in crisis.

Author: Haydee I.
FW ID# 60645
Gold Member

http://kavod333.wordpress.com/articles/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=156227
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Emilou's Profile

Kavod Publishing

Need Prayer Now Online

keviningram
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Flames of Hope and Hate

Postby keviningram » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 pm

My whole body throbbed with pain as I turned to look at the man lying next to me in the makeshift bed. His fleshly lusts now fulfilled, he turned his face away from me in exhaustion. I stared at his back, hairy and damp with man sweat, and I was consumed with but one thing:

I hated him.

I hated him and all he meant to me. I hated him and all the other men. I hated their desires, their demands, their sick passions. I hated all that came to me night after night, hour after hour, taking from me without concern or care, robbing lustfully from my most intimate self, forcing upon me their terrible aggression and monstrous demands. I hated him, I hated the man before him, and I would hate the next.

With the deepest, most bitter and passionate hate.

My head rolled back and I stared upward at the single filament light bulb above me.. The light seemed to draw me like a flame that burned... deep into me... into the empty walls of who I once was. My mind drifted away.. far away...

Back to another time, a time before. Before I was taken. Before they stole me. It was like a dreamland, a far away fantasy instead of the beautiful memory it really was. Back to a home, a family, and sunlight. Back to playing with other children, running home to supper, laughing with my brother and sister, seeing my mother in the house and my father returning home each day.

I was daddy's girl! Every evening he would see me and grab me up in his arms. He would tickle me and laugh, and hug me! Oh, to feel that hug again, that warmth and love, that amazing special moment that made my life so wonderful. If only I could see my daddy again...

The light of the fantasy ended as a knock came on the door. Time was up. Time for this man to go and another soon come. I reached out to find the fantasy again... before the memory faded away to darkness... but it was too late. That man was gone... and all men were evil. Evil, cruel and wicked.

I rose from the bed to go clean myself up, pain shooting from my members and from deep within my body. I had to prepare for the next assault, and perform without question, otherwise the beatings would begin again. I had no time for the turmoil within, the fire of battle between good and evil. I would shut out the light and embrace the darkness, where I would hide from the madness and try to survive... in pain and in hate.

---

This story is one of human trafficking - a very real and serious problem in our world today. Every year thousands of young girls are kidnapped, sold or drugged into forced slavery and prostitution. Living in inhumane conditions, they fear for their lives and exist without hope, love or even the most basic of needs. Their oppressors use them like commodities in their dark, deviant businesses, and like once-beautiful clothes they will be discarded as trash when they are expended.

These are human beings with dire need, in the most desperate of circumstances... but we can make a difference.

Want to help and make the most impact in situations like this? What if one hundred percent (100%) of your donation went directly to those in need?Wellspring International is an arm of Ravi Zacharais International Ministries. Ravi is a well known International speaker and defender of the Christian Faith. Administered by Ravi’s daughter Naomi Zacharais , Wellspring covers their own expenses, investigates all requests for funds thoroughly, often going to the location. They do the research so you can be confident that your money goes where you want it to. One Hundred Percent (100%) of your money goes to help women and children in crisis.

Kevin Ingram
Member ID: 37166
Platinum Member
URL#1: http://kevin-ingram-ministry.blogspot.com
URL#2: http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=156234
Last edited by keviningram on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Contest Deadline is here - Now IN Judging

Postby mikeedwards » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Contest Deadline is here. We let an extra person in due to a time zone error. If anyone else made the same mistake let me know and we will sho you grace too.

Other than that - This is the DeadLine for the contest. We are now in judging. :thankssign
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Previous

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities