To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Where's the line to See Jesus? Winners are HERE!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

lindahull
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Surprise Christmas Contest- Where is the line to See Je

Postby lindahull » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 pm

"Where is the line to see Jesus?"

As Christmas approaches, news reports are filled with stories of trouble and woe. The fiscal cliff is fast approaching. Death is in the air. Yet no one is asking, “Where's the line to see Jesus?” except Becky Kelley in her Christmas music video.

Desperation is in everyone’s eyes, but they’re all standing in line to see Santa. To them, he’s the Savior who will grant them their desires. What can Santa do? Heads buried in the sand foster the myth of a savior who wears red. Sadly he offers no real hope to the hurting masses, for this jolly old soul is merely a figment of someone’s imagination.

Hope is found in the Messiah, Jesus the Christ. His birth was foretold by the prophets of old. Then when it was time, He was born of a virgin just as Isaiah had prophesied. Shepherds learned of the good news of the Savior’s birth from a multitude of angels. Traveling to Bethlehem, they visited the baby and his mother and Joseph, worshiping and praising God. Hope was born. Hope was fulfilled when Jesus died on a cross and arose again three days later, redemption complete. After forty days, Jesus arose into the heavens.

Jesus is needed. Where’s the line to see Jesus? There is much to tell Him.

Only Jesus can provide the solution to mankind’s problem. What is it? Mankind is condemned to eternal separation from God. Jesus alone can meet the requirements God has established to redeem and reconcile mankind with God. God requires repentance; agreeing with God about one’s personal depravity and inability to redeem oneself. A humble heart of repentance leads to forgiveness and reconciliation with God.

Coming to Jesus requires humility. Admitting sin is difficult, for no one wants to be guilty. That’s why it’s easier to perpetrate the myth of Santa. Santa requires nothing, but Jesus requires an admission of guilt and a need for Jesus, to be eligible for His gift of salvation. People need real truth, not imaginary characters offering false hope.

Becky Kelley tells the truth beautifully in her music video, Where's the Line to See Jesus?. Becky’s song tells the story about a young woman who is reminded Christmas is about Jesus when a little boy approaches her in the mall with the question, “Where’s the Line to See Jesus?” Thinking about his question, she turns to thank him, but finds he’s nowhere to be found. Maybe he’s an angel? The young woman ponders the boy’s question as she travels with her gifts homeward. Passing a group of men waiting for a meal at the local soup kitchen, she thinks she hears the boy sing the words, “Where’s the Line to See Jesus?” The little boy’s question stays in her mind and in her heart. After enjoying Becky’s music video, I’m sure it will stay in your heart as well.

Linda Hull
Member #42938
Silver Member

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=154994

Words of Encouragement Blog
(http://www.lindaswordsofencouragement.com/words/blog)

KatieScarlet
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby KatieScarlet » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:51 am

Waiting for Bread

By Linda Germain

A delightful aroma can wind its way through the air and tap our senses on levels we don’t understand. Delicious bread baking has that mysterious magnetic pull. One whiff often triggers feelings that evoke hearth and home and love, all rolled together.

I was ten. My brother, David, was six. Like good little soldiers with orders to behave and stay on track, we shuffled forward with hundreds of others who moved, we thought, like sleepy snails. We waited in a very long line that snaked all the way around the gigantic plant that belonged to the Holsum Bread Company in Tampa, Florida.

Thousands of residents observed the annual tradition at Christmas--a chance to get a first-hand look at the baking process that produced what most of us eat daily. Each one eagerly received a tiny loaf wrapped in Holsum’s unmistakable orange logo covering, and even better, scrumptious slices of fresh hot bread slathered in real butter.

There was something else at the end of those long lines: Santa Claus. He listened and laughed and handed out candy canes and little gifts.

We knew who it was, or at least I did. I had seen him getting ready. My brother said he knew too, but as we got closer to confronting the big guy in the red suit and white beard, there was some slight hesitation on my sibling’s part. He was fairly positive it was our father; yet, Dad didn’t look like he did at home. He sounded different too; kind of raspy. So much ho-ho-ho-ing had given him laryngitis.

I considered my decade-old self too in-the-know to waste time on fairy tales. Mostly, my goal for the night had been reached; one cute little loaf in orange paper, hot buttered bread stuffed in my mouth, and whatever treats were in the small gift bags.

Just this week I asked David what he remembered about that time. He admitted he had been slightly perplexed. That’s why he grabbed his goodies and took off with me to a back room where we were supposed to wait.

When he saw Dad ridding himself of the costume and fluffy white beard, there seemed to be an instant happy recognition from that bewildered little boy as he ran to our father for a serious hug.

Sometimes when I pass a bakery, or even make my own bread, all it takes is one whiff from the contents rising in the hot oven to un-wrap memories and set me to thinking about right lines, and wrong lines, and lines that promise so much but only give us candy and not real sustenance for our souls.

We can trust a stranger in a red suit, an enduring figment of many imaginations, and tell him what we believe we need, but we would do better to talk to our Heavenly FATHER who waits for us with open arms. He offers the priceless, satisfying, Bread-of-Life…and other delightful and unexpected gifts.

~Merry Christmas~

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OExXItDyWEY&vq=medium

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=155005

tineemite
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby tineemite » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 am

In listening to the song by Becky Kelley, Where’s the Line to See Jesus , I felt as though there is a birthday party going on and everyone is there except the Guest of Honor. Everyone is enjoying all that goes with a celebration: the singing, the decorations, the food, the games and the gifts but very few are sharing them with the one who gave us the cause to celebrate.

Most people sing songs at Christmas and have no idea what the song is about. They say, “Joy to the world, the Lord is come,” then they deny the lordship of Jesus in their lives. This I expect from sinners, people who do not know any better and have not yet realized their need for salvation, but for believers this is indefensible. Jesus said, “If you love me keep my commandments.” Maybe there is no line to see Jesus because we believers are not correctly representing Jesus to the world.

When I was a little girl, we loved to follow the searchlights. We would see the light waving in the distance; beckoning us to come and we would ask my mother to drive there. She would drive as far and as long as necessary until she came to the huge lights rotating side to side or in a circular motion. There would be a new restaurant or a carnival or some such thing waiting for us where the lights were. They felt what they had was so special they had to attract attention to it. Everyone should see it; everyone should know of it.

Believers are set as the light of the world. People should be driving to see what good thing awaits them at the source of the light. Alas, some of us have turned off the light and have begun to blend into the darkness. If we would plug into the Power Source once again, people would begin to see the light of Jesus beckoning them to come and rest.

This is the perfect time and Christmas is the perfect season to get recharged. As the world becomes darker, our light shines brighter with the truth and the solutions that people need. If we meet one person’s need through the love and compassion that has been shed abroad in our hearts, that person will tell someone and perhaps even help another. With the news that practical and applicable help is here and available to everyone, those in the dark will line up to see Jesus living through our lives and thus, will the Gospel be preached to the world.

If you would like to hear this incredible song, click this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OE ... &vq=medium

Denise R. Martin
Member # 44305
Platinum
Last edited by tineemite on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gdavids7
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Gdavids7 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 am

Becky Kelley’s music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OE ... &vq=medium) melodically captures the beginning of a young boy’s awakening to a battle the Church has increasingly faced in the past decade. Through the song’s title and central question; “Where’s the Line to See Jesus?” listeners are freshly confronted with the clash of Christmas’ meaning and its present day practice. Viewers watch as the mist, of the glee and luster of modern Christmas celebration, clears just enough for the young boy to realize that these traditions are missing the holiday’s central figure—Jesus.

Christmas after Christmas, as secular trends of celebration wage war against the true knowledge of Christ’s life and birth, the contrast widens between meaning and practice. The Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians about “arguments and high things that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God.” The music video captures the contrast in such a way where some of these arguments—packaged in red, white, and numerous fantasy stories—are weakened as the absence of Christ is felt and longing is stirred for Jesus to have the centrality He is worthy of in the holiday He has commenced.

Parents and youth leaders may find this video as a helpful resource to introduce the conversation to their children and youth groups; and these conversations might serve to do what Paul said to do in the face of those arguments—cast them down! As we address the question and seek a Biblical way to cast down every argument that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ, the Holy Spirit will help us and lead us into all truth in our words and our practices. He loves to make Jesus famous! Then, we might possibly see find more lines to see Jesus established.

First, however, we as leaders, parents, and believers alike must evaluate how much we have yet to cast these very same arguments down in our own souls. Yes, we all love Christmas time but what does a completely Christ centered Christmas look like? Do we know? If we don’t know, how will we know what to reach for? Are we willing to ask the question and run the risk of letting God purify our traditions until all that remains is what is founded upon the Rock of Christ? Have we presented our offerings to God to let Him purify them?

The prophet Malachi foretold; “He [God] will sit as refiner…He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness.” He will help us as we personally seek and find the line to see Jesus high and lifted up. If anything, Christmas is about worship, so as we seek to worship only Him; I believe it will move us into the line see Jesus more clearly and help lead others to that line—for when He is lifted up, He will draw all men to Him!

gander
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby gander » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:37 pm

In Line?
by louis gander

Can Christmas be a day we change - a day we should distort?
And is the line to Santa long - but line to Jesus short?
We want to be the first in line because who wants to wait?
Who wants to waste their precious time? To this, can we relate?

Yet can it be a selfishness that leads a person where,
the line is much, much longer because Santa's sitting there?
After all, does he not give the many toys away?
Should focus, we, on our desires on this important day?

Though Santa is the one who gives to those who did behave -
is Jesus' line much shorter because He already gave?
Eternal life is only for the humble who believe -
and selfish people aren't content for blessings they receive.

Now God may send us Angels - a youngster may appear -
and ask a simple question that will form a wiser tear.
A tear that's full of living joy, sent down in grace above.
A tear that's rolling down my cheek. A tear born out of love.

Now here's the line to Jesus. Remember, it is fine -
no matter where we are right now - to kneel down first in line.
We may be in the cities or out on country farms -
but children who find Jesus are - already in His arms...

...the greatest gift of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OE ... &vq=medium

Copyright 2012 louis gander
http://www.ganderpoems.org/

Pam48
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Where is the line to See Jesus?

Postby Pam48 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 am

Christmas' past you would have seen my home decked out with Santa’s. My personal favorite was always the Mele Kalikimaka Santa. Then I became a Christian and everything changed.

The Santa’s have been replaced by a collection of crèches. My heart has changed too. I set out this year to discover the real meaning of Christmas and just how a follower of Jesus Christ should celebrate a holy day that has become secular.

I formed a small group to study Rick Warren’s The Purpose of Christmas. Although we are all committed Christians, this study reminded us that the purpose of Christmas is a time for celebration, salvation and reconciliation. Rick always encourages living out our faith with action so I gave each women a paper bag with a bottle of water, granola bar, socks, candy and a Stonecroft tract on prayer. They were to pray for a divine appointment and give the bag to someone on the street who would be blessed by the gift. They could not cop-out and hand it to someone at the freeway entrance. The purpose was to interact with someone others just pass by. The stories of who received the blessing bags were heartwarming and will undoubtedly become another topic for this blogger.

Our small group also volunteered to cook dinner and serve it to the women at Elizabeth House, a shelter for homeless pregnant women. The women always feel blessed when people show up for them. It's a really big deal to have a group cook dinner. The residents are responsible by turns for dinner each week; to not have to cook or spend the money for the food is a gift the women appreciate.

A new book by Mike Slaughter, Christmas Is Not Your Birthday - Experience the Joy of Living and Giving Like Jesus intrigued me in my quest to discover what it means to celebrate Jesus’ birth. One chapter titled “Jesus’ Wish List”, asks the question, “Are there people on your Christmas shopping list who are hard to shop for? What would happen if you put as much time and energy into Jesus’ wish list each Christmas as you put into theirs?” And just what is on Jesus’ wish list? He says it clearly in Matthew 25:40 “. . . I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”

Another new book to share with your family is The Sparkle Box by Jill Hardie. It is the story of a gift with the power to change Christmas by helping others. The sparkle box that comes with the book sits next to my crèche, collecting the gifts I will give to Jesus on Christmas morning.

I now have new traditions for decorating, serving others in Jesus’ name and music that speaks to my soul. A favorite contemporary song is “Mary Did You Know.” Won’t you join me in listening to this new favorite, "Where's the Line to See Jesus?"

bound4heaven
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby bound4heaven » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:59 am

The line began to form shortly after noon, just after an early, abbreviated Thanksgiving lunch. After all, in order to the “deals” when the store opens at 8:00, I must get there early. It will be so worth the hours of loitering in front of the commercial evidence that “the holidays” have again arrived. Oh, how much I will save on all those things I really “have to have”.

The line formed rapidly, soon growing well past the wide and welcoming store front, continuing beyond the corner of the building. Conversations are struck with total strangers. Soon we find that common theme – this line is for the “things” the holidays have grown to represent. When the doors finally open we all hurry quickly to fill our carts with the “stuff” before it is all gone.

As I near the middle of the store I notice that another line has formed. This one is filled with excited parents and armfuls of little children (not all so excited). Of course, it is the line to see Santa. As I stop to watch, I hear Moms and Dads instructing their children in the ritual of Santa obsession. “Make sure to smile so we can take your picture with Santa”, “don’t pull on his beard”, “tell him what you want for Christmas”, and many more words of wisdom imparted from one generation to another.

Having seen enough of this Santa pilgrimage I move on to one of the remote aisles, where I pass a display of a nativity scene. It is a small display, with a cow, donkey, sheep, two shepherds (we know them by the crooks in their hands), a young woman, a young man, and a really small baby in a hay trough. Something about the little baby catches my attention. This is a representation of the baby Jesus who, as the story goes, was sent by God. I think to myself “what a strange way for Him to enter the world.” Here He was, a part of God Himself, sent down from Heaven to be born on Earth, grow up to become a preacher, then ultimately die (on a cross no less) to save the world from sin.

I remember the story of how the one and only Son of God was presented to the world. It says that an angel of God appeared to the shepherd in the field near where Jesus had been born. The angel told them, he had “Good news of great joy that will be for all people”. Then, as I remember the story, suddenly the whole night sky was filled with countless angels praising God and honoring this baby boy.

As I stood there considering the little baby I glanced up and down the aisle; it was empty. As I thought about the long line waiting to see Santa, I couldn’t help but think “where is the line to see Jesus?”

Copyright © 2012 Rick Henks

lrmoses
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby lrmoses » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 am

Lacy handed Grace a few coins to drop in the Salvation Army donation bucket on their way into the mall. A single mom at a young age, Lacy didn't have much to spare, but she liked to help when she could. After all, people had helped her when she needed it.

They were on their way to see Santa. Lacy remembered her mother taking her to see Santa when she was a kid. She missed her parents and never should have left home. She still couldn't believe how stupid she’d been to trust that Trevor loved her. Now she hadn't talked to her parents in over 6 years and they didn't know about Grace.

“Mama, I can’t wait to see Santa! Do you think I've been good this year?”
“Yes I do.”
They waited in line for a long time. When it was their turn, Santa’s helper asked Lacy what picture package she wanted. Lacy told her she couldn't afford pictures, but asked if Grace could talk with Santa for just a minute. The elf huffed.

“One minute!”

Lacy watched as Grace climbed up onto Santa’s lap. She was so innocent. Lacy didn’t want Grace to live with the kind of regret she did.

I know if I could ask Santa for one thing, it would be to forget my past.

Grace whispered in Santa’s ear. She had a smile on her face as she climbed down and ran back to Lacy.

“Well, what did you ask Santa for?” Lacy asked.

“You’ll see.” Grace replied.

Lacy felt a knot in her stomach. What if Grace had asked for a puppy or something else that Lacy couldn't give her?

As they left the mall, Grace noticed a beautiful glow coming from a building across the street.

“Can we go see the lights? Please, Mama?” Grace pleaded.

They crossed the street and walked toward the lights. The building, a church, was even more beautiful up close.

The sign in front read:

Stop in for your free Christmas gift. Jesus!

“Look Mama, a free gift! Can we go in?”

Lacy used to go to church with her parents, but she hadn't been in years. She was certain that Jesus wouldn't want someone like her at church.

“Uh, Grace, I think we should…” Lacy started to say, but a man opened the door.

“Hello,” said Grace. “I’m here for my free Christmas gift. So, where's the line to see Jesus?"

“Well, we don’t have a line, but you can still meet Him. He’s always available. Everyone’s welcome.”

“Sorry, we didn't mean to bother you.” Lacy said uncomfortably.

“No bother at all. In fact, I've been expecting you. I prayed that God would send someone special today."

“It’s you, Mama!”

“What?” Lacy asked.

“I asked Santa to make your heart glad. Then we found this place where Jesus is free, there are no lines and we can see him anytime. You should go get your free gift.”

Lacy knew Grace was right.

by Lynn Moses
Silver #48483

PureInHeart
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby PureInHeart » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 am

WHERE IS THE LINE TO SEE JESUS?

You won’t find this line at the store. Instead, you will find the line to see our Savior in heaven where he is seated at the right hand of God.
This line is not at the store because Jesus’ Kingdom is not of this world. He didn’t come into the world for materialism. That is, you can’t purchase what he gave us. Money can’t buy intangibles such as faith, hope, and love. The forgiveness of sins and eternal life await those who remain in His line.
Why do we celebrate Christmas? The answer to this question lies in the lyrics, Christmas time is his birthday. While the world has turned the Christmas season into commercialism, it is important to remember the real reason we celebrate that Jesus is the reason for the season. Without Him, there would be no cause for celebration. We need to remember to keep Christ in Christmas and not let the ways of the world interfere. Birthdays are God’s way of saying life is meant to be celebrated.
Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave his life for me. The earthly gifts we received will not get us into the line to see Jesus. But, if we believe in Him through our faith, we can receive Jesus’ gift of eternal life. The gift Christ offered to humanity was priceless. You cannot obtain forgiveness of sins and eternal life by waiting in Santa Claus’ line.
Without Christmas, we wouldn’t have Good Friday or Easter. Our newborn gift grew up and defeated sin, death, and the power of the devil. Because of His sacrifice, we can get to heaven and see our Savior face to face.
To answer the question, “Why don’t we see Him more,” we need to examine the current state of the world. The news is filled with stories of violence and fighting among other horrible things. The ways of the world need to be reformed, and values need to be restored to society. Perhaps, these evil entities exist because everyone does not have the peace of Christ in their hearts. If the world knew the real reason we celebrate Christmas, maybe we would see Him more.
One of the greatest gifts you can give someone is to share the love of Jesus with them. As we wait for Christ’s return, may His name be shared with all humanity.

By: Kara Tollerud

Connie
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Connie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:54 am

Turn the pages, trace the wonder,
See the thread of divine gold,
Read the names, recount their stories
Watch the lengthy line unfold .......

Abraham, great Patriarch,
Isaac, Jacob, Judah too,
Perez, Hezron, men of old,
See them all – the record’s true.
Ram, Amminadab are next
Standing in th’ extended line,
Nahshon, Salmon, Boaz, who
Shone with virtue, good and kind.
Ruth, his wife, a son had borne,
Obed was his given name,
And next to him stands Jesse, who
Once lived in ancient Bethlehem.
Father of eight boys was he
But. In the line, the youngest son ,
A shepherd who became a King,
Yes, there is David – chosen one.
Solomon, of wisdom’s fame,
From kingdom-split, divided time
See Rehoboam, Abijah,
And Asa join the lengthy line.
Jehoshaphat, good Godly King,
Jehoram, evil in God’s eyes,
Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz all
Are there, and thus the line comprise.
Hezekiah, good and right,
Faithful ‘neath His mighty God,
Manasseh, his most wayward son,
The path of wickedness once trod.
Amon, Josiah, next take place,
Then through the time in Babylon,
Jeconiah, Shealtiel,
Zerubbabel , the list moves on.
Faces, names, we hardly know
Abiud, Eliakim, Azor, are
Stood there with Zadok, Akim, and
Eliud, and his son, El’azar.
We come to Matthan, Jacob, then
At last, there’s Joseph, Mary, mild,,
And in her arms the promised Babe
Sinless and holy, undefiled.

This, the line of His Promise,
The line of God’s fore-ordained plan
The line of a wondrous salvation
To eternally save sinful man.

Men, women of old, of the centuries,
The good and the bad, rich and poor,
The wise and the fools and the unknown
From history’s pages they pour.

Some saw, though the dark veil was misty
And longing, they yearned for His time,
Others were blind and unknowing
Their place in the winding long line.

Where is the line to see Jesus?
It’s here as the centuries unfold
It’s here from the first page of Scripture
The wonderful story of old.

And to all who are looking for Jesus
To all who are seeking a sign
Trust His Promise, Believe in the Saviour,
And come, to the front of the line.

Margaret Kearley

ECSmith
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby ECSmith » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Merry CHRISTmas, One and All

In the wake of the devastating Newton Connecticut tragedy one week ago, I find it difficult to consider shopping as a joyous part of the holiday season. Twenty-plus young lives were extinguished before they had a chance to thrive. Sons will never become doctors or lawyers. Daughters will never grow up to become CEOs or presidents. In essence, Satan physically invaded a small town and wiped out a future generation. I cannot find solace in purchasing an item at Macy’s. Instead, I find myself thanking God for the safety of my own seven year old son. I contemplate the real meaning of Christmas. For 27 families, this holiday season will have a new lasting impression, whether they are believers or not.

Becky Kelley’s ballad, “Where’s the Line to See Jesus” is an incredibly timely song. The opening verses bring to mind the idolization of trinkets, the Christmas season has been turned into. We’ve somehow taken the importance of the day and commercialized it. We plan our activities around the shopping spree, turning what should be a day of remembrance to the Lord, into a day of unwinding after the self imposed deadlines, physical and mental stresses associated with the world’s definition of what Christmas is. Sadly, Jesus is afforded a simple prayer on His day; a prayer that usually takes a distant second to unwrapping gifts.

When did we lose sight of His precious gift to us? When did He become less important than an X-Box, a car, diamond earrings or a gold watch? When did offering a meal to the poor becoming more of a burden than trying to set up a new television and surround sound system? Why do we stand in line to take a photo with a hired Santa, but refuse to take an hour to teach our children the story of our Lord’s birth?

I pray for the families of the victims, of the Newton Connecticut tragedy. I pray that time was spent teaching those children the Gospel. I pray that the adult victims knew the Lord Jesus intimately. Most of all, I pray that this horrific incident sparks an awakening within the Christian community and the world at large.

We need Jesus now, more than ever. Parents, we have to teach our children the truth of who He is, and what His ultimate sacrifice means for our lives. We need to reinsert Christ back into the holiday, not just as a simple catch phrase, but as the backbone of celebration. Jesus lives in our hearts. We’re responsible for spreading His gospel throughout the world. Let’s start today by remembering why we celebrate His birthday. Believers, let’s pray for those who do not understand our way of thinking, and ask Christ to guide them toward His truth. Let’s drop the moniker, “Happy Holidays”. Today, go out and tell someone, “Merry CHRISTmas”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExXItDyWEY&feature=player_embedded
Tempered Steel; refine me Lord, as the blacksmith refines precious metal. Sift the impurities from my heart and soul, that I may some day prove to be precious in your sight. -ECS

Miller212
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Miller212 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Lonely Jesus at Christmas

Consumerism is taking hold of our society. The holidays have become a "season" of spending, greed, and meaningless activity. Yes, I know there's the beauty of family get-togethers and the joy of sharing in special Christmas traditions, but in the light of eternity and the essence of real Christianity, is the Christmas "season" really what glorifies Jesus and celebrates His coming?

I think He feels forgotten. Although His name may be plastered on billboard signs reading, "Jesus is the reason for the season," He Himself is still neglected in the midst of endless presents, cookies, and decorative parties. Christmas has little to do with Him, it's but the semblance of a pagan holiday we've conformed our religion to embed within its many self-serving ritualistic functions. If Jesus were the reason for the season, most families wouldn't go broke this time of year and churches would be crammed full instead of shopping malls. I think Jesus feels very, very forgotten.

I know we don't mean to forget Him. We do our best to keep our gaze on the humility of His birth and the sacrifice He made for our salvation, but nonetheless, the present opposing current of our age and mindset of our culture makes it difficult for most believers to keep Him as first place. It's understandable. He understands. A faint smile crosses His face as He sees our simple attempts to lift up His name during this season. He sees us sending Christmas cards that tell of His birth or giving gifts to the poor who have no means to buy presents for their kids. He enjoys and delights in these things.

But I think He still feels lonely. Endless lines wind their way throughout endless stores. Starbucks is full, Wal-Mart is packed, Santa is exhausted, and there's still endless more shoppers coming and going. Restaurants are busy, advertisements are steady, deals and savings are too good to pass by. And there sits Jesus all alone, with no one found waiting to stand in His line. For what does He offer that these material pleasures cannot give? And why stand in line to see Jesus-isn't Sunday reserved for Him?

Thus He sits there quietly; He doesn't utter a complaint. He doesn't advertise or promote Himself in any way. He holds open His hand and He whispers gently to man, "I gave the greatest gift to be given when I bled on that tree. Will you receive it and share it freely with all humanity? Stand in My line if you desire true life; it's the only gift you will find that is offered free of price. Stand in My line and fellowship with Me; I'm longing for friends. Will you take the time to get to know Me?"

Which line are we standing in?

Click on the link to watch the music video: Where is the Line to See Jesus? http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OExXItDyWEY&vq=medium

Kimberly Miller
Id # 56583
Platinum

maport
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby maport » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Where Are The Lines?

A popular music video has made its way across cyberspace entitled “Where’s The Line To See Jesus?” The video, so beautifully performed by Becky Kelley, asks this pointed question while showing different sites in a shopping mall during the Christmas season. The video shows the line waiting to see Santa, but no evidence is seen of any lines waiting to see the Christ Child or hear His story within the mall. Use this link to view the music video.
https://app.getresponse.com/click.html?x=a62b&lc=BFE5C&mc=BL&s=VHosa&y=U&

Recently I was at Crossroads Mall in Oklahoma City to help with the Salvation Army preparation of children’s Christmas Gifts. I had not been to this particular mall in several years and while I was there I was reminded of this video but with a different twist. What I discovered was a little disheartening as most of Crossroads is out of business.

While some of the retail stores are still open for business, the vast majority are closed. The main part of the mall was decorated for Christmas, but few shoppers were there to see and enjoy it. A full-sized Merry-Go Round stood idle in the middle of the mall along with a children’s play area that had a few kids frolicking. The space reserved for a visit with Santa was nicely decorated, roped off and closed. Maybe this particular venue will be open later in December or on weekends.

Crossroads opened in 1974 and was then the tenth largest mall in America, covering 1.3 million square feet. But now, when shoppers should be descending on this once elaborate shopping paradise, the massive parking area surrounding the mall now stands starkly vacant with only a few cars parked near the main entrances. It seems with the rise of crime and gang activity in this area, retailers have relocated to other parts of the city as well as those who shopped there.
Where’s the line to see Jesus? I didn’t see any. But neither were there lines to see Santa or anything else. Most residents in this part of the City no longer can afford the luxuries that a high-end mall has to offer and are struggling just to obtain the basic necessities of food, clothing and shelter. Broken families and broken lives struggle with drug addictions, crime, abuse and many other problems. But Jesus came to seek out such as these. He desires to reach all those, poor and rich alike, who have discovered that material wealth or anything else, cannot fill the deepest longing of their soul other than the Lord Jesus Christ.

Where’s the line to see Jesus? It’s a good question we should ask ourselves. Jesus gave his followers the command to go out into the world with the good news of forgiveness and salvation through faith in Christ. With the growing darkness in this world, we should take this command very seriously. Let us join the angel throngs in proclaiming the birth of the new born King.

thelightofinnocence10
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby thelightofinnocence10 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Too many Days for Christmas

How can a Christian find peace in celebrating the birthday of Jesus? The day has been obscured by Boxing and New Years’ Day; some even celebrates Christmas Eve. Becky Kelly has sung a brilliant song, in fact, “Where is the Line to See Jesus” navigate us to the gift we should be presenting on the day Jesus was born. She uses a child in her http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OExXItDyWEY to express her emotion of sadness for the way Jesus’s birthday is celebrated, though she is guilty of the same act. There is only one day for Jesus’s birth and that I believe should be the only day for a holiday in that month. That may be the help we all need to focus on the reason some Christians celebrate such a day.

It is not Santa’s birthday and the kid realized it; what is our excuse for not raising such awareness to our kids? Becky, becomingly frustrated thought of the kid as an angel. If as adults we believe in Santa then we may as well go wait in the mall for him as does our kids. Realize that only those who can afford it wait on Santa but the gift of God we can all afford. I pray for all that you do not seek the kid to thank him; instead thank him who sends the kid. God accepts the glory for the birth of his Son.

Searching for God is continuous; we seek him to know his will, “Where is the Line to see Jesus?” The search is to find the line but first present your holy body because that is the living sacrifice for glorifying God. Remember that God gave us his Son for a reason; it is to celebrate life and that which is to come as a result of the life he asked that we should live. Living by Gods’ will is that which is done to become a brother of Jesus. Jesus is the first born of the family; the twelve that he appointed are second to his throne; those that live by the will of God have joined his family of disciples.

As the beautiful voice of Becky continued, she cued us to that which we will all confess, which says, ‘Jesus is Lord.’ His life span on this earth ended over a period of three days, yet we celebrate only the day he died. Jesus’s birth, death and resurrection are Sabbaths for the New Testament. Those are the three days that bring us closer to The Heavenly Father where life is celebrated. Jesus said, “I came that you may have life and have it more abundantly.” He gave us salvation; today, we are in line to have it eternally. Jesus’s birth made it all possible and Becky has reminded us of it; it is therefore, my pleasure to rate her song five stars.

Http://www.faithwriters.com

http://cm70.webring.com/Searching_Chris ... _blg.shtml

Carl Marshall
Member ID: 48895
Membership: Platinum
Book: The Light of Innocence

E-mail: cm70@faithwriters.net

Book Trailer @ youtube:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHwUldIR_o

chosen2bg8
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby chosen2bg8 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:24 pm

WHERE IS THE LINE TO SEE JESUS
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me….John 14:6

Seeking Him ……IF AT ALL, for His PRESENTS and not for His presence
All that we see in an age that has so misinformed man
Every mall, store and street booms with festivity of the nativity
The truth of the story is lost in a time warp of pointless activity

Presents and wrapping paper, mistletoe and Santa Clause
All these often blur the vision of the reason for the season,
To make Christ the central focus of CHRISTmas is now somewhat a misnomer
Most would rather have their fortunes told by the astronomer

Many, though familiar with the REAL Christmas story
He, as the Messiah and Saviour, born to die and redeem man’s sins……
From the old through the new His coming and birth in the Bible, was forecast to prepare sinful man
The TRUTH gradually fades like a layer of artificial tan

A lie creeps in and is allowed to take root, to replace what will lead man back to His maker
A perfect spotless sacrifice, the blood of the innocent lamb had to be shed
Born of a Virgin birth, had no ancestry with Biological Father but the Holy Ghost
Seeing the pure blood sprinkled on that great heavenly altar, rejoiced the Heavenly Host

6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this….Isaiah 9:6-7

13 Then he said, “Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15 Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good….Isaiah 7:13-15

“So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:6-7

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth……John 1:14

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities